Video shows teens playing 'chicken' with subway

mark1447

It is hard to make out exactly what everyone in the YouTube video is shouting. But the man who shot it told Fox 5 that 10 to 20 teenagers were cheering each other on as an older woman nearby screams at them to get off the tracks at the Kingston Avenue station in Brooklyn in December 2011.

They boys and girls take turns jumping down, then jumping up, some sneaking glances for the train, until they hear the rumble of the car and see the light in the distance.

The man who took the video said this went on for 5 minutes before the train arrived. He said a woman screamed at the kids to stop. He said she was hysterical by the time she could see the train.

He said there was no cell service to call 911.

The photographer didn't want his name used because he didn't want the kids upset.

Read more with News Video: http://www.myfoxny.c...7#ixzz1sMGB9Wop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kCSx6sJqdkw

This may have been seen before (As I remembered a clip like this), but for those who never seen there you go!

In situations like this where they themself jump down on the tracks i allways root for the train. But if somebody falls on the track by accident and they try to help that person, then it's a totaly different story.

0:55 What is that bang?

Also, how many here think that if one of them got hit thinks they would blame the MTA?

Idiots who have nothing better to do. Had they got ran over, the one who would suffer would be the T/O.

Adding to what GC said: not only would the idiot jury side with the "victim" The MTA would mostly likely terminate the T/O. What a world we live in....

It is hard to make out exactly what everyone in the YouTube video is shouting. But the man who shot it told Fox 5 that 10 to 20 teenagers were cheering each other on as an older woman nearby screams at them to get off the tracks at the Kingston Avenue station in Brooklyn in December 2011.

This may have been seen before (As I remembered a clip like this), but for those who never seen there you go!

So if this happened four months ago, why is this making the news now?

In any case, I clearly remember that clip (It seems like more than 4 months ago, but whatever).

I was rooting for the train in this case here. It would of "thinned out" the herd.

Too bad those "upstanding" members of socitey weren't removed form the population.

So you guys want the T/O traumatized over something out of his control?

So you guys want the T/O traumatized over something out of his control?

Why did you take their comments out of proportion? They meant that the kids deserved to get hit because they were a bunch of dumba**es. They did not mean that they wanted the T/O to be traumatized and feel guilty.

This puts the onus on the Train Operator if one of those litte sh:ts was hit. :angry: As far as the trauma, I taked to a Conductor some time ago whose partner rolled over a teen moron playing chicken with their Far Rockaway bound (A)... he knew something was wrong after they went into emergency because he said she was usually calm and collected... he talked to control and went to her position and she was still frozen... she said later she felt it when the kid went under the wheels...

So if this happened four months ago, why is this making the news now?

In any case, I clearly remember that clip (It seems like more than 4 months ago, but whatever).

Yep. This I remembered from the Spring of LAST year. It must be news now because the person reloaded the clip.

In situations like this where they themself jump down on the tracks i allways root for the train. But if somebody falls on the track by accident and they try to help that person, then it's a totaly different story.

0:55 What is that bang?

Also, how many here think that if one of them got hit thinks they would blame the MTA?

Looks like he punched the side of the train , im guessing the window which is why it made that loud bang and he jumped back. Idiots .

01) I have seen this before. This thread has been posted before, but it was named something else. (thread was started in old NYCTF)

02) What kind of idiots would want to go down into dirty old tracks? Personally I think its disgusting down there... who knows what kind of vermon and diseases run in those tracks.

it looks like those kids left their brains above ground! :P... (bad joke)

Why did you take their comments out of proportion? They meant that the kids deserved to get hit because they were a bunch of dumba**es. They did not mean that they wanted the T/O to be traumatized and feel guilty.

I know what they meant. But they're ignoring the fact that by running over the kids, they'd be affecting the T/O.

Archived