Bus Stop Sign Creator

Gorgor

Attention

The Report Image function is now properly working. I don't think that there should be any problems, but if you ever come across an inappropriate or offensive image then please do not hesitate to use this feature. It will quickly alert anyone who has moderator status on the site (currently only me) of the problem and will allow me to easily remove it. This feature should also be used if you come across an image that is listed under the wrong category (ex: if the sign depicts a location in Manhattan but it's listed in the Brooklyn category). If the site becomes used enough I may pick one or two people to give moderator status to, but I don't really see that happening.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attention

There is a new option for the Display Type Left field called Two Lines - Prefix = Top, Route = Bottom that takes the inputs for Route and Prefix and displays them on top of each other, similar to how the right side is typically formatted. An example of this would be for the Hudson Rail Link.

Planned future updates:

- Option to display multiple bus routes on one line. (Ex: Some bus stop signs in Staten Island say "X1,X9" on one line)

- (Not sure if possible) Option to include local and limited bus routes on one line (Ex: I believe some signs in Brooklyn are half blue and half purple to show that both the local and limited stop there)

- Option to include the Downtown Connection symbol (and if possible, any custom symbols you wish to use)

- Option to display a no standing sign on the top line with specified hours. (Ex: Typically found on certain stops where rush hour only express buses stop, or where weekday only buses stop)

- Option to change the direction of the arrow on the top, and which side of the bus the wheelchair icon is located

If you have any suggestions at all, please post them here.

- Option to display multiple bus routes on one line. (Ex: Some bus stop signs in Staten Island say "X1,X9" on one line)

- (Not sure if possible) Option to include local and limited bus routes on one line (Ex: I believe some signs in Brooklyn are half blue and half purple to show that both the local and limited stop there)

Is that like the M14A/M14D signs?

DSC03629.jpg

I know there are places where they have the local & limited on the same line, but right on top of each other. So in other words, It'll say "S61: St. George Ferry" & "S91: St. George Ferry", but instead of taking of taking up 2 seperate panels, it takes up 1 panel and splits it in two.

Here's an example I know of (this is one of Google Streetview's earlier views, so unfortunately it's not that clear).

2 suggestions:

1. In winter, they have these signs on 6th and/or 5th Avenue(s) saying something about not stopping at certain places...I'm not sure about this though.

2. Vice versa signs, destination on the left, route # on the right.

Is that like the M14A/M14D signs?

[image]

Yes, that's what I plan on adding. It might be hard from the angle of the picture, but the "M" is in a smaller font size than the "A" and the "D." Although you could get around it in this case by putting "M" in the prefix and "14A/14D" in the route, there's some cases where it won't. I don't think I'm explaining it that well, but it'll be clear when the function's available.

Also, what the heck is that sign underneath the M14 one? Wheel chair on call between 1AM to 6AM to the World Trade Center??

Database Updates

You are now able to post comments on signs found in the database. When you post a comment the author of the sign receives a notification.

You are now able to rate images by giving them a +1 or a -1. When you rate an image the author receives a notification.

In the database, you can now see a preview of what the sign contains.

HAHA! Well where are the directions at??

I don't understand.

If you mean the link to make these, it's in the first post of this thread or Gorgor's signature.

If you mean the bus routes, I didn't make them since it's just an example.

This thread is called Bus Stop Sign Creator, after all.

I don't understand.

If you mean the link to make these, it's in the first post of this thread or Gorgor's signature.

If you mean the bus routes, I didn't make them since it's just an example.

This thread is called Bus Stop Sign Creator, after all.

No I meant the directions to make the signs. I was confused because I thought someone one else originally was doing these and not Gorgor as I thought there was another thread for this a while back ago... Anywho, I'll take a look.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean, but I suspect the answer is no.

If you really wanted you know, you'd just log in to the site and see what you can do.

Oh shut up you... I already created an account and started so there... Seems pretty simple... Easier than the express bus signs that's for sure.

Oh shut up you... I already created an account and started so there... Seems pretty simple... Easier than the express bus signs that's for sure.

Hahaha, I'm watching you as you're doing this.

When it says "Step 1: Specify Intersection Location" that means enter the intersection location, not "BxM1" and "BxM2"

Hahaha, I'm watching you as you're doing this.

When it says "Step 1: Specify Intersection Location" that means enter the intersection location, not "BxM1" and "BxM2"

Yeah, I'm trying to see a stop location on Google Maps so that I can get down the exact location I want... Can't find one yet... I can see what it looks like already....

Yeah, I'm trying to see a stop location on Google Maps so that I can get down the exact location I want... Can't find one yet... I can see what it looks like already....

I've been doing some actual bus stop signs lately, and I find that Bing Maps street view is a lot more up to date with better picture quality than Google Maps.

I've been doing some actual bus stop signs lately, and I find that Bing Maps street view is a lot more up to date with better picture quality than Google Maps.

I found one so off I go!! :P

---

http://scaped.net/f/z.php?image=6490791e7abf6b29a381288cc23a8223

Looks better, but something is still off... Would be nice to center Hudson Rail Link...

I found one so off I go!! :P

---

http://scaped.net/f/...381288cc23a8223

Came out okay, but not quite what I want...

I want Hudson Rail Link how it is now but centered.... Is that possible... Also, I would like the route numbers to be bigger...

To make a route appear properly, you have to enter the prefix BxM into the prefix box, and the 18 into the suffix box.

For the BxM1/BxM2, it's currently not possible to make it look realistic like it does on the actual signs, but I'm currently working on that.

As for the Hudson Rail Link centered, that's not possible either but I plan on adding in an option for something similar to that soon.

To make a route appear properly, you have to enter the prefix BxM into the prefix box, and the 18 into the suffix box.

For the BxM1/BxM2, it's currently not possible to make it look realistic like it does on the actual signs, but I'm currently working on that.

As for the Hudson Rail Link centered, that's not possible either but I plan on adding in an option for something similar to that soon.

Yeah I know about the suffix... I was playing around with it and already changed that... How do I shrink it to make it a avatar??

Archived