Bus Route Avatars

I Run Trains

The bronx is the worst with their crappy buses always breaking down and having shorages. Queens their routes have the worst headways and pathic service. As for SI, well if you don't got anything nice to say best not to say nothing......

LOL, it's not the Bronx's fault MTA forgot it's part of the city... they never get any fare from BX buses. I'm Sorry but as much as I like the Bronx, It fails in terms of anything bus related. If they had some newer buses and enough buses for service things would be better.

This is something I don't get. People always talk about horrible headways and service in Queens but i've never experienced that. Like the routes that I use on the regular basis (Q12,17,27,30,43,46,79,QM1A) have never have these problems even the Q79 with its 2 buses an hour, come when they should.

LOL, it's not the Bronx's fault MTA forgot it's part of the city... they never get any fare from BX buses. I'm Sorry but as much as I like the Bronx, It fails in terms of anything bus related. If they had some newer buses and enough buses for service things would be better.

This is something I don't get. People always talk about horrible headways and service in Queens but i've never experienced that. Like the routes that I use on the regular basis (Q12,17,27,30,43,46,79,QM1A) have never have these problems even the Q79 with its 2 buses an hour, come when they should.

Just take the Q31...That would REALLY change your mind.

You haven't seen the Q58 in Flushing. It's not so much the frequency of service rather than the earliness and lateness of buses. To explain:

Say you come to the bus stop, having missed your bus because it came a few minutes earlier than it should.

The next bus has to pick up everyone that normally would have taken the earlier bus if he were not too early, making this bus late.

Eventually, he becomes so late that the next bus (which is on time) catches up to him. This could happen several times.

Meanwhile, you're standing in the bus stop, wondering where the hell the bus is, when suddenly two (or more) come around the bend.

The Q58 is the only route I've taken with this problem. Everything else ran fine.

You haven't seen the Q58 in Flushing. It's not so much the frequency of service rather than the earliness and lateness of buses. To explain:

Say you come to the bus stop, having missed your bus because it came a few minutes earlier than it should.

The next bus has to pick up everyone that normally would have taken the earlier bus if he were not too early, making this bus late.

Eventually, he becomes so late that the next bus (which is on time) catches up to him. This could happen several times.

Meanwhile, you're standing in the bus stop, wondering where the hell the bus is, when suddenly two (or more) come around the bend.

The Q58 is the only route I've taken with this problem. Everything else ran fine.

LOL... Blame it on Fresh Pond Depot!!!

Have you ever rode the Q7,Q9,Q40,Q35? Those routes have some LONG headways queens has the most long headways routes in the city.

Just take the Q31...That would REALLY change your mind.

Okay the Q58 is a bus I've never ridden but the Q31 is one bus I have ridden. Everyone says it runs horribly but when I need it, it comes usually empty. The Q30 is a different story. Whenever I need it, it either takes forever or is full.

I've never ridden any of those buses but I have ridden most of the Queens bus routes. My usual rule is: If it doesn't go by my house or someone I know's house I don't take it (I had a bad exprience on the Q85).

Manhattan paws all!!!! Due to the fact it has the PABT you have RTS's Arctics, Hyjunks, MCI's, Vikings from exp routes in queens. Orion V CNG flexble metro B's neoplan arctics JB MCI's MC 12's Bee line MCI's. You can't beat manhattan!! But brooklyn comes in a close second it has the best RTS's in the whole city that go FAST and are reliable. Not to mention the orion V CNG!!

The bronx is the worst with their crappy buses always breaking down and having shorages. Queens their routes have the worst headways and pathic service. As for SI, well if you don't got anything nice to say best not to say nothing......

Maaaaaaan. Ya'll just messed up my thread. Ya'll missed the whole point of it. It wasn't about Bus Models. It was about the bus routes!!!!!!!! Damn!

BX!!!!!

I beg to differ on that last one, man.....

Guess you haven't heard of the NYC Borough with the highest AIDS population then.........

At least our riders pay their fare!:P Now what you gotta say about that Home Skillet?!?

Nothing, just like I say to those who don't pay........

Uhhhhh????? I know I don't live in the Bronx, and only venture up there sometime, but I see dime pieces everytime I go to The Hub!

Read what I wrote to sebbieprops.......

Manhattan paws all!!!! Due to the fact it has the PABT you have RTS's Arctics, Hyjunks, MCI's, Vikings from exp routes in queens. Orion V CNG flexble metro B's neoplan arctics JB MCI's MC 12's Bee line MCI's. You can't beat manhattan!! But brooklyn comes in a close second it has the best RTS's in the whole city that go FAST and are reliable. Not to mention the orion V CNG!!

I think a lot of that had to do w/ how things were when the PBL's were around.... if NYCT operated all the old PBL routes, I don't think service on certain routes would be as crummy as they are.....

the worst headways go to staten island's routes... it's not even close.... Queens is probably 2nd on that list, though....

ok, but look at the routes you're listing, fam... all above average headways except the Q30 & the Q79.... even the QM1/a has better service than some local routes during the rush... lol

In plain english, the Q58 bunches....

and I also experienced that, on numerous occasions... I've seen as many as three consecutive Q58's arrive over there on main/41st rd (it's terminal)... and it's not uncommon to see two Q58's at the Queens Blvd stop (flushing bound, the stop before it actually crosses QB)

Okay the Q58 is a bus I've never ridden but the Q31 is one bus I have ridden. Everyone says it runs horribly but when I need it, it comes usually empty. The Q30 is a different story. Whenever I need it, it either takes forever or is full.

if it runs horribly, that would give it a very good reason to be empty... :P

the Q31, north of northern blvd, it barely has a pulse... hence, your chances @ gettin a seat are pretty high....

....and the Q30 is bombarded by college & H.S. students... you & I both know that's why it takes forever & a minute to arrive... and when it does... good luck getting on....

speaking of which... over there @ the 169th st station stop [F], I'll never understand why those St. Johns students let Q31's bypass, and opt to board already crowded Q30s.... someone plz. explain that... and don't say that doesn't happen b/c it does...

Bronx rules, but their girls don't...........anymore...........

yeah.. I agree...

kellz gave Bx females a bad name...

Ohhhhhhhh. You wanna talk about useless??? Lets see..... B39. Boring.. You get on at the first stop and by time you get to sit down, your at the last stop! Lmao!.. You got the (J)&(M) for that.

The B51... I rather take the (4) @ Brooklyn Bridge.

B74. Useless.. couldn't they just have the B36 take the over?

On the Brooklyn Bus Map the B23 looks like a Useless route!

In the bronx we Go the Bx12!!! +sbs+. That's it. We killin ya'll with that alone!

Bx1&2, Bx5, Bx19, Bx28, Bx29, Bx40/42, Bx41, Bx55. Holla!!!!!

Oh... and the Bx50 coming soon!

Let start with the Routes that Server no point.

Bx8 Long useless Route

Bx13 No Yankee Games no people

Bx14 That a joke in its self

The B74 by itself has more ridership then all those line the B39 & B51 i give u that one now your big wigs.

Bx29 Lol

Bx40/Bx42 Lol

Bx55 Lol

One line s*75's on all of those quick the B41 the only one that can reall Hold par up there is the Bx19 i take it offen Good line but the Rest Suckey Service. we have A least 5 Routes in the Top 15 Ridership spot in the City the Q44 is ya'll Best and that not even a Bx route.:cool:

Let start with the Routes u named all of them get more Serivce then the routes from the Bx im bout to Name.

Bx8 Long useless Route

the B74 by itself has more ridership then all those line

the B39 & B51 i give u that one now your big wigs.

lmao.... Ethered....

Bx29 Lol

Bx40/Bx42 Lol

Bx55 Lol

One line s*75's on all of those quick the B41 the only one that can reall Hold par up there is the Bx19 i take it offen Good line but the Rest Suckey Service. we have A least 5 Routes in the Top 15 Ridership spot in the City the Q44 is ya'll Best and that not even a Bx route.:cool:

that's not fair... comparing the bx29 to the b41....

but what's wrong w/ the Bx40/Bx42 & the Bx55?

Maaaaaaan. Ya'll just messed up my thread. Ya'll missed the whole point of it. It wasn't about Bus Models. It was about the bus routes!!!!!!!! Damn!

BX!!!!!

LOL.... We know my dude!! Harry answered that question, now we're just having fun!!! Don't get your panties all in a bunch!! j/k :P

Guess you haven't heard of the NYC Borough with the highest AIDS population then.........

Gotcha..... Everything that glitters ain't gold!!!

yeah.. I agree...

kellz gave Bx females a bad name...

Is this kellz as in R. Kelly?????

This is a pretty entertaining thread. Thanks for the laughs. :D:D:D

All I can add to it is, it's all about Brooklyn. B)

Bill (NYCT)

Brooklyn!!! Stand Up!!!

Is this kellz as in R. Kelly?????

oh nah....

on CPixel, there's this smut named Kellz.... she's in the Bronx... just blurt out the name "kellz" on myspace, facebook, youtube, or most hip-hop forums, and you'll get a sense of who this chick is... done got (net) famous for all the wrong damn reasons...

I know 2 cats (offline, that live in the Bx) that say they know of a couple dudes that got burned by her... lol.....

basically, she has a couple videos roaming around on the net (most of which, are of her & (who she claims is) her boyfriend) catchin money-shots & givin head, to him, and a few other dudes... someone even made a compilation of all her clips... one nasty chick...

in one of her clips, dude is in the background, where she says somethin to the effect of "I'm a dirty cum slut", or I'm a cum drinking whore... don't remember the exact words....

word's out now that she's pregnant....

that kid, and whoever the father is, lost....

Bx8 Long useless Route

The B74 by itself has more ridership then all those line the B39 & B51 i give u that one now your big wigs.

we have A least 5 Routes in the Top 15 Ridership spot in the City the Q44 is ya'll Best and that not even a Bx route.:cool:

Where have you been in the Bronx?! I'm pretty sure there are more BX routes with top ridership than BK routes. Hell we have so much ridership we got SBS 1st. The Bx1/2,3,9,12,19,28,36 and 40-42 have crazy amounts of ridership.

Bx8: A lot of people use that route so it's not usless. Long and slow maybe

Bx13: You Clearly have never taken this bus. Regardless of a Yankee Game, the bus is packed from 181 almost to the Stadium.

Bx14: its one of the underused routes but it still sees a fair amount of traffic. The point of the Bx14 and Bx29 is to connect people to the (6) train like the B42 and B74. The B74 may have more ridership than the 14 but not the other 2. And def. not combined.

And what about BK? Y'all had quite a few routes that were canned/combined since 1990 because they served no purpose. The B5,40,50,78 and the biggest waste of space that B18. All the Bx lost was the BX24 (and maybe one other route) and we need that back. Plus y'all are just wasting LTD's... the B35 and B38?! Come on man.

Considering the fact that the BX gets shafted 24/7 with horrible buses (70% of the 40s foot are pre-1999) and that MTA never fixes the chronic bus shortage they are doing a great job (KB And GH need more than 300 buses). Give them some Hybrids and things will shape up real quick.

B35 Via Church: The Q30 v. Q31 thing is like the whole local vs. LTD mess (see the Q46). People know need the local but get on the LTD and b**** cuz they think its a quicker ride. Even though its crowded people will always think the 30 is faster when it ain't.

Let start with the Routes that Server no point.

Bx8 Long useless Route

Bx29 Lol

Bx40/Bx42 Lol

Bx55 Lol

Let me take up for the Bx13 real quick.. How dare you say is a useless line? Its very usefull for those people on the far southwest of the bronx. That's actually the only bus the serve that area so it is very useful and always crowded boarding at 161st.

Now as for your B41, I feel My Bx41 is better and quicker route. I'll even Put the Bx12 & Bx36 up against your B41. Me personally I Busfanned the route one time and it was wack!.

The Bx29 is not a big wig in the Bx but its a nice run I wouldn't mind driving.

You wanna talk about Bx Big Wigs. You got the Bx1&2, Bx9, Bx12, Bx19, Bx22, Bx28, Bx36, Bx40/41, Bx41 and Bx55.

And I don't rep the Bx8 or Bx14. They are out of my Zone. Your B23 is ass thou! I like queens routes better than the Brooklyn route!

oh nah....

on CPixel, there's this smut named Kellz.... she's in the Bronx... just blurt out the name "kellz" on myspace, facebook, youtube, or most hip-hop forums, and you'll get a sense of who this chick is... done got (net) famous for all the wrong damn reasons...

I know 2 cats (offline, that live in the Bx) that say they know of a couple dudes that got burned by her... lol.....

basically, she has a couple videos roaming around on the net (most of which, are of her & (who she claims is) her boyfriend) catchin money-shots & givin head, to him, and a few other dudes... someone even made a compilation of all her clips... one nasty chick...

in one of her clips, dude is in the background, where she says somethin to the effect of "I'm a dirty cum slut", or I'm a cum drinking whore... don't remember the exact words....

Word???? I'm definitely suprised I haven't heard of her. Sounds like she's trying to compete with "Superhead."

Let me take up for the Bx13 real quick.. How dare you say is a useless line? Its very usefull for those people on the far southwest of the bronx. That's actually the only bus the serve that area so it is very useful and always crowded boarding at 161st.

Now as for your B41, I feel My Bx41 is better and quicker route. I'll even Put the Bx12 & Bx36 up against your B41. Me personally I Busfanned the route one time and it was wack!.

You wanna talk about Bx Big Wigs. You got the Bx1&2, Bx9, Bx12, Bx19, Bx22, Bx28, Bx36, Bx40/41, Bx41 and Bx55.

And I don't rep the Bx8 or Bx14. They are out of my Zone. Your B23 is ass thou! I like queens routes better than the Brooklyn route!

I gotta agree with u on that one! The B23 is nowhere!!

- I dislike the B23 for a couple of reasons (two of which has nothing to do w/ the routing or the scheduling itself)... so no need to defend it...

- The B35 & the B38 LTD's should have NEVER been created....

- I despise this B82 w/ a passion (that's the only merge I didn't care for).... but why hold it against a borough b/c the mta opted to consolidate/merge a couple of those under-performing routes... I'd understand the gripe/argument a little more if said routes (B78, B40, B5, B18) still existed....

- Both the B41 and the Bx41 are slow...

- The B74 is underestimated... same deal w/ the Bx13....

- The Bx8 serves too many low density areas... hence, it's ridership suffers...

- someone else go ahead & compile a list of the "big wigs" here in brooklyn...

B35 Via Church: The Q30 v. Q31 thing is like the whole local vs. LTD mess (see the Q46). People know need the local but get on the LTD and b**** cuz they think its a quicker ride. Even though its crowded people will always think the 30 is faster when it ain't.

so that's the mindstate of said riders up there... gotcha... thanks....

Word???? I'm definitely suprised I haven't heard of her. Sounds like she's trying to compete with "Superhead."

lol... I wouldn't doubt it...

but now aint none of her pages is up... guess she decided to clean up her act now that she got a youngin (lol) on the way.....

oh nah....

Lol i feel sorry for her son..:D

WHAT!!!??!! Are you kidding me??!!?? The B41 is one of the best routes in NYC!!! The BX41 is so lame its route goes under an El. How lame is that a least on the B41 you can see daylight and doesn't run under some dark EL. Not to mention the BX41 is slow and boring as hell!!! Not to mention it uses POS artics!! While the B41 uses the best buses in da TA right now!! The B41 pawns the BX41! :P:P:p

Yeah, I tried to look her up but couldn't find anything

LAMO!!

Manhattan ain't nothing. They just have all those buses come in to drop off and pick up. The real rides are once all those buses are out of Manhattan.

Hell, New Jersey pwns all of NY. Thats where the real fun is. And nobody can touch the Flxibles (North Jersey mainly) we got, so what now!

Even something just as good, WMATA DC Metro! YO! ALL MY DC FANS STAND UP!

EDIT: No Westchester Bee Line people here? If any, STAND UP TOO, I'm with ya. Bee Line had Flxibles that were basically cousins to us here in Joisey.

Where have you been in the Bronx?! I'm pretty sure there are more BX routes with top ridership than BK routes. Hell we have so much ridership we got SBS 1st. The Bx1/2,3,9,12,19,28,36 and 40-42 have crazy amounts of ridership.

Bx8: A lot of people use that route so it's not usless. Long and slow maybe

Bx13: You Clearly have never taken this bus. Regardless of a Yankee Game, the bus is packed from 181 almost to the Stadium.

Bx14: its one of the underused routes but it still sees a fair amount of traffic. The point of the Bx14 and Bx29 is to connect people to the (6) train like the B42 and B74. The B74 may have more ridership than the 14 but not the other 2. And def. not combined.

And what about BK? Y'all had quite a few routes that were canned/combined since 1990 because they served no purpose. The B5,40,50,78 and the biggest waste of space that B18. All the Bx lost was the BX24 (and maybe one other route) and we need that back. Plus y'all are just wasting LTD's... the B35 and B38?! Come on man.

Considering the fact that the BX gets shafted 24/7 with horrible buses (70% of the 40s foot are pre-1999) and that MTA never fixes the chronic bus shortage they are doing a great job (KB And GH need more than 300 buses). Give them some Hybrids and things will shape up real quick.

I live in the Bx as of right now so u can save the Bx13 Packed story as well as the Bx8 i Just rode Both Not to long ago im still LOL lest start with are Big wig.

B6 One if the Crazy Routes in BK i Rode it Every Day Another Packed Outside of Rush Hour all the time.

B12 From ENY to Ocean is Murder

B26 is a Work Horse

B35 The Limited is Use less without it it Still Top the Like of the Bx1 & Bx2 outside of Rush Hour

B41 Better then all the routes u named in the BX

B44 Same if not better then the B41

B46 U could not tie its shoes with any of you Bx routes Artics or Not

B82 i also Can't stand this route But it hold its own

take the Bx3,28 off that list I see most of these Routes Outside Of rush and they have seats to spare for day not so wit the Routes Above. I took all of them Outside of rush and u still fight for seats so don't go there with the Crazy ridership S**t. They waste Artics on lines like the Bx39, Bx55 out side of Rush they should be 40ft lines as to where all the routes i named expect B26, 82 can be artic Lines and would make better use of them. Any line can be a factor in Rush hour but though the crouse of they day they fade out the Bx9, 12, 19 keep par i like those line i ride them often. But the Bx40/42 Suck headway stink even with the combind thing a bus every 15 min they never make it there and u wait for months same with the Bx1/2 u gotta come harder son.:cool:

No Westchester Bee Line people here? If any, STAND UP TOO, I'm with ya. Bee Line had Flxibles that were basically cousins to us here in Joisey.

Yes there is. Me..... No one can touch our Orion V with that loud Cummins, and others copy cat the Neoplans with the DD60. Bee-Line equipment pawns all of yall. Service sucks unwashed ass though.........

Yes there is. Me..... No one can touch our Orion V with that loud Cummins, and others copy cat the Neoplans with the DD60. Bee-Line equipment pawns all of yall. Service sucks unwashed ass though.........

Hell yeah, nobody can touch Bee Line's Orion Vs. They're in great shape too.

Archived