Bus Route Avatars

I Run Trains

I'm sorry man, but I thing the Bx4 is a Boring route, and yes the el makes it worse!.

Bx39 ain't that great either, but these are my opinions!

The Bx39 runs better on Saturday Noons (or a little after noon) better than it does on AM Rush Hour, literally. They scheduled more buses @ Saturday noons than AM Rush, what kind of crap is that? :eek:

I can't believe I didn't read this thread earlier!

STATEN ISLAND is where it's at!

The headways aren't "The Worse", they're right in line with the ridership! The fleet is overhauled, Staten Island has the fastest bus lines in the MTA all being governed higher then any other borough and those Orion Vs/Novas really know how to move it.

And SI has the most interesting routes, all the rest in other boroughs are all the same, as once you've ridden one slow route you've ridden them all. And of course there's the S89! Nothing beats it as being the best to fan.

:D LMAO. Okay I'll give it to you that SI stepped up but let's not forget all the depots you stepped on to get to this point....

Let's see SI has to give praise to KB BIGTIME cuz we took them nasty, rusted through, slow, screechy 400-500's from CAS and YUK.

GH and KB (again) because thanks to these 2 depots you got pre-Level II buses and y'all took so many that theres under 10 L2 KB O5's left. CS,QV,CP,SC and LAG for letting y'all jack their brand new MCI's (I miss having a 4300 on my Friday X68 trip). QV, JAM, ENY and FLA for sending the RTS's over. Let me know if I forgot something.

So basically SI "looks good" cuz the BX and QNS (with a lil help from whack BK) did a lot of work for you guys.

:D LMAO. Okay I'll give it to you that SI stepped up but let's not forget all the depots you stepped on to get to this point....

Let's see SI has to give praise to KB BIGTIME cuz we took them nasty, rusted through, slow, screechy 400-500's from CAS and YUK.

GH and KB (again) because thanks to these 2 depots you got pre-Level II buses and y'all took so many that theres under 10 L2 KB O5's left. CS,QV,CP,SC and LAG for letting y'all jack their brand new MCI's (I miss having a 4300 on my Friday X68 trip). QV, JAM, ENY and FLA for sending the RTS's over. Let me know if I forgot something.

So basically SI "looks good" cuz the BX and QNS (with a lil help from whack BK) did a lot of work for you guys.

Yeah.... S.I should bow down to KB. We took all their garbage. And there are some savages in S.I.... how do the tear that cloth of the seats man?... :eek:

I remember KB Had nothing but good buses... now we have the worst buses in the city!!!

The Bx got some SI junk but they gave BK there junk don't act like KB & GH are way ahead of Yukon & CAS have u seen then Artics latey.Those get swapped out like crazy so it ain't the bus ever 88xx bus UP got from KB Was S***t some could not go out the same day we got them. BK & MAN are tied for top in the Maint. Department, Queens is not far Behind then a toss up between SI & BX. KB Trashed the 52xx Artics so bad and Gun Hill did the 53xx the same fate.

I can't believe I didn't read this thread earlier!

STATEN ISLAND is where it's at!

The headways aren't "The Worse", they're right in line with the ridership! The fleet is overhauled, Staten Island has the fastest bus lines in the MTA all being governed higher then any other borough and those Orion Vs/Novas really know how to move it.

And SI has the most interesting routes, all the rest in other boroughs are all the same, as once you've ridden one slow route you've ridden them all. And of course there's the S89! Nothing beats it as being the best to fan.

lmao...

SI may have "the fastest" bus lines b/c few ppl, in comparison w/ other boroughs' lines, ride them..... case in point:

how can you (well, SI) have a street as long as hylan blvd.... you can be on an S78 or S79... and not see ONE person @ a bus stop... for 7-8 bus stops straight during a particular stint of the ride... and that aint no one time occurrence either...

^^ {naming some of the longer sts in the city as an example}....

you will never see that in Bronx's Grand Concourse, Brooklyn's Nostrand av, Manhattan's.... any #d north/south sts w/ rte's running along 'em, and Queens' Jamaica av....

and if you think SI's lines doesn't have the worse headways out of the 5 boroughs, then you're hallucinating....

oh, and granted... the S89 from end to end is a good ride... but some ppl overrate the hell out of it....

• 1 year later...

Ok before I start let me just say that yall are too damn funny lmao...idk why I never saw this months ago

Now lets begin borough by borough...

Manhattan

The only reason Manhattan seems so nice is cuz they glorify Quill like its the best in the world. If it wasn't for the powerhouse depot out there (Manhattanville), Manhattan would be trash (except for the M15 lol)

Staten Island

Damn where do I begin with this one lol. Long story short, its trash :P. Over half the buses stop running at night. And don't get me started on limited service...half of those so called "limited" lines only go in 1 direction at one time of the day. What kind of mess is that?the ONLY good thing they have is that most of their lines go to the ferry.

Bronx

Trash, plain & simple lmao. Granted, yall got SBS 1st butthe Bx12 didn't need it 1st. Maybe some other line like the M15. West Farms is trash lol...how u trash buses that was given to you :P

Queens

Second best in the city. Only problems I see is in Flushing. Traffic is a nightmare and it slows buses down. And another thing bringing them down is LaGuardia. They get nice buses and run them into the ground. JFK not that far behind.

Brooklyn

Best in the league. The B44 & the B41 is the best limiteds in the city. Even better than the Bx1/Bx2 IMO. Plus we got the 2 types of RTS's that everybody wants: the ones with the Cummins M11E engines (Fresh Pond originals and STILL there strong :cool:) and the ZF trannies (now at Ulmer Pk). Ok, I'll admit we do have some lame/useless lines like the B23, 74 & 38 limited but we got some excellent ones like the B26, 41, 44, 46, & 15. We the best in maintenence (espically Fresh Pond lol) and the best in service, nuff said :cool:

About Fresh Pond maintenence record. I been back since the 1/3 and seen 5 buses broken down including one of mine,so make that 6. Fresh Pond need some new buses

They do need new buses...wasn't they supposed to get "50 NGs" or "a piece of the DesignLine pie"

Archived