T line subway car

rfortyslant

yes go find it on wikipedia R46. same specifications in seats.

In seats, not in total passengers. And did I say anything about the seats? No. You and I were talking about total number of passengers, and 500 in one car is simply not possible.

Plus Wikipedia is not a reliable source when it comes to these kinds of things...a lot of rumors make their way on there for starters and there's always the chance some overzealous foamer decides to post a bunch of Wrong information and next thing you know people are reading it..

Plus Wikipedia is not a reliable source when it comes to these kinds of things...a lot of rumors make their way on there for starters and there's always the chance some overzealous foamer decides to post a bunch of Wrong information and next thing you know people are reading it..

500 people? From wiki's page on the R160....

"Seating capacity Cab car: 42 (40 for cars 8773 - 8972), No cab: 44

Standing Capacity Cab car: 198 (200 for cars 8773 - 8972), No cab: 202

Total capacity (seating plus standing) Cab car: 240, No cab: 246"

Is this DESIGN capacity or maximum total capacity? I am sure that during peak hours, all kinds of rail systems go over their design capacity. From riding PATH, i can tell you now that total capacity number doesn't mean much and is based on averages. I'm sure the total number of people it can crush loaded fit is more in the 250-300 range. Large numbers of people don't take up as much room as you'd think. But 500, no freaking way. Over 2 cars, yes, but one.. no.

- Andy

500 people? From wiki's page on the R160....

"Seating capacity Cab car: 42 (40 for cars 8773 - 8972), No cab: 44

Standing Capacity Cab car: 198 (200 for cars 8773 - 8972), No cab: 202

Total capacity (seating plus standing) Cab car: 240, No cab: 246"

Is this DESIGN capacity or maximum total capacity? I am sure that during peak hours, all kinds of rail systems go over their design capacity. From riding PATH, i can tell you now that total capacity number doesn't mean much and is based on averages. I'm sure the total number of people it can crush loaded fit is more in the 250-300 range. Large numbers of people don't take up as much room as you'd think. But 500, no freaking way. Over 2 cars, yes, but one.. no.

- Andy

no we were talking about R68

Archived