Favorite Aircraft Thread

In this thread, you can post what your favorite aircraft is, the speculations, and pictures. The pictures do not have to belong to you.

I'll start. I have 5 favorite aircrafts.

The first in ranking for me is the Boeing C-17 Globemaster III. It is the sucessor of the late Douglas C-124 Globemaster II. This plane is a four engine jet, and has great capabilities. It is very fast, hard to spot, and has the ability to land and take off on very short air-strips, like fighter aircraft. In the future, guns may be added to it to create the ultimate gunship.

Boeing 727-200. I love this two engine beast. Used on many passenger and freight aircrafts, this is a great plane. It is capable of a very short runway takeoff, and I have witnessed it happen many times over. The 727 Amerijet N395AJ, N495AJ, and N199AJ, are definitely my favorite jets of all time.

The Hercules C-130. This plane has so many possibilities. There is the DC-130 drone carrier, the C-130E refueller, the AC-130 Gunship, and the infamous HC-130U "Spooky". This plane has some heavy fire power, including computer controlled 25 mm, and 40 mm and 105 mm cannons. This is a four propeller plane, and even though it does not have the best gas mileage, gets the job done.

The Arado-AR 234 is the third. I like this plane because it was the first German, and fully war jet. It used BMW engines, two of them. It had a 4 engine variant called the AR 234B. This was used for jet bombing, and helped shape the planes that were to come for the rest of the war.

Lastly, the Antonov An 225. The 500 is also a variant. This is an eight engine beast. It is mainly used for Russian cargo transport. One was acutally used to take the space shuttle into space for launching. This plane has great speed, but is too big for a short runway takeoff.

• 2 weeks later...

Boeing 727-200. I love this two engine beast. Used on many passenger and freight aircrafts, this is a great plane. It is capable of a very short runway takeoff, and I have witnessed it happen many times over. The 727 Amerijet N395AJ, N495AJ, and N199AJ, are definitely my favorite jets of all time.

The 727 is a tri-engine.

Though, my favorite is the MD-11. I've always had a weakness for tri-enignes, and I love the body and wing design of the MD-11. I also liked how low the flaps could be set. It's too bad MD ruined the future of this plane.

The 727 is a tri-engine.

Though, my favorite is the MD-11. I've always had a weakness for tri-enignes, and I love the body and wing design of the MD-11. I also liked how low the flaps could be set. It's too bad MD ruined the future of this plane.

Whoops I meant to say three engine. Nice catch.

Boeing 777 is definitely the most awesome plane I rode, however I also like the Bombardier CRJ jets.

IIRC, there was a test that showed that just one of the 777's General Electric engines could keep a 747 in the air. Very powerful plane.

Certainly one of my favorite more modern designs.

IIRC, there was a test that showed that just one of the 777's General Electric engines could keep a 747 in the air. Very powerful plane.

Certainly one of my favorite more modern designs.

Yep, I like Power, Torque and Speed, the 777 delivers reliably and in Extended Range Form despite me not liking flights more than 8 hours, =P...

I have four favorite aircraft. I pick my favorite aircraft by size, speed, luxury, and comfort.

The Airbus A380 is one.

2006-08_A380_first_flight_with_EA_engines_.jpg.JPG

The second one is the Concorde

ConcordeInFlightBA_P2_0.jpg

My third is the Boeing 747.

lufthansa-7478i-dabya-pae-liem-630-620x413.jpg

And the final and fourth one is the Tupolev Tu-144

Tupolev%20Tu%20144D.jpg

Archived