Hey y'all from south Georgia

bryan

I guess y'all know I have some questions. :eek::D

I'm from Statesboro, Georgia. Yes, the same Statesboro as the Allman Brothers made famous in one of their songs.

I will be asking a few questions in the LIRR section today. I've read most of the threads, looked at the pics, and watched the videos. As you can imagine, trains and/or subways are not our main mode of alternate travel; just 4 wheelers and mules (no, not that kind). :P

My 11 year old daughter and I are going to NY next week to visit three buddies from my Marine Corps days. I haven't seen them since we left Okinawa, Japan in 1988. We were planning on meeting in Manhattan somewhere, but the one on Long Island decided that we would all come to his house. The others live in the Bronx and Brooklyn.

Anyway, great to find this sight as I'm trying to make the most out of our 4 days up there.

Please go easy on me as this all seems "easy" to y'all, but I'm stressing about some things which I will get into on the LIRR section.

Thanks

Bryan

Welcome to the bawd. When youz come up here north, make sure you have a good ole time, you hear now. Many a sights to see, places to explaw. Jus' be careful, and be aware of yo sorroundin's........

Rawlin' on da floor-a laughin my ass off!

Rawlin' on da floor-a laughin my ass off!

Don't make fun of us kun-tree time, and kun-tree time decendent fohks. Our lang-widge is kinda special, just like us........

How to speak southern:

On = own: Turn the lights own.......

Hospital = hawspital: I'm going to the hawspital.....

Wrestling = Wrasslin': Y'all quick that wrasslin, hear now.....

New York = New Yawk

Yonkers = Yonkus

Elmsford = Elmsferd

Georgia = Jaw-Jah

West Virginia = This is your mother, your aunt, and 1st cousin.......Now go get you some from her.........

My family on my mothers side is from South Carolina (Kair-line-ah), including my older brother.

Welcome to the bawd. When youz come up here north, make sure you have a good ole time, you hear now. Many a sights to see, places to explaw. Jus' be careful, and be aware of yo sorroundin's........

:P You'd fit in down here! Except replace youz with y'all. Reading the last few post on here makes me think I'm watching My Cousin Vinny. Thanks for y'alls help on the other thead!

:P You'd fit in down here! Except replace youz with y'all. Reading the last few post on here makes me think I'm watching My Cousin Vinny. Thanks for y'alls help on the other thead!

Anytime!

- Andy

Archived