Private Transportation & other Brooklyn Jewish Bus questions

I'm thinking about fanning Private Transportation's B110 soon, since they have Orion Is and the only Gilligs in NYC. While doing some research on them, I also noticed a service called the "Williamsburg Trolley", which also appears to be operated by Private Transportation but also by some other company, since a few buses on that route I saw had Private Transportation as the operator, but some of them had some other operator. I have a few questions here about PT and the Williamsburg Trolley:

1.) Does anybody know PT's full fleet? All I know is they run Orion Is, Vs, and Gillig Advantages/Phantoms, but I don't know if they run anything else.

2.) What is the Williamsburg Trolley's route? When does it run, and do they let the general public use it?

3.) Are there other routes that are operated PT or another Jewish company? I hear they have some going to Manhattan.

3.) Has anyone here tried sitting in the back? What do they do?

I'm thinking about fanning Private Transportation's B110 soon, since they have Orion Is and the only Gilligs in NYC. While doing some research on them, I also noticed a service called the "Williamsburg Trolley", which also appears to be operated by Private Transportation but also by some other company, since a few buses on that route I saw had Private Transportation as the operator, but some of them had some other operator. I have a few questions here about PT and the Williamsburg Trolley:

1.) Does anybody know PT's full fleet? All I know is they run Orion Is, Vs, and Gillig Advantages/Phantoms, but I don't know if they run anything else.

2.) What is the Williamsburg Trolley's route? When does it run, and do they let the general public use it?

3.) Are there other routes that are operated PT or another Jewish company? I hear they have some going to Manhattan.

1) Dunno

2) There are other Jewish bus companies in Willamsburg

3) Unless you're a woman, you won't sit in the back. It's a violation of Judaism in a way. There was an article about this as well in the old website.

• 5 weeks later...

I know it's a bit late, but I'll offer to answer anyway.

1) The Orion Is have been gone for some time and so are the Advantages. Last time checked (around March), it was #508, #522, #523, #526, #528, #530-532, #536-539, #541. #508 is a Gillig Phantom, but the rest are Orion Vs.

2) https://maps.google....070718,0.169086

3) PT only has B110, Williamsburg Trolley's Route 2, and Maybe route 1(I'm not sure if it's been cut). The ones that go to Manhattan are run by a company called Zera Yitzchak.

4) As many times as I've fanned it, no. Hell, I think twice about using that bus when with a female, let alone surrounding myself with them on that bus.

I know it's a bit late, but I'll offer to answer anyway.

1) The Orion Is have been gone for some time and so are the Advantages. Last time checked (around March), it was #508, #522, #523, #526, #528, #530-532, #536-539, #541. #508 is a Gillig Phantom, but the rest are Orion Vs.

2) https://maps.google....070718,0.169086

3) PT only has B110, Williamsburg Trolley's Route 2, and Maybe route 1(I'm not sure if it's been cut). The ones that go to Manhattan are run by a company called Zera Yitzchak.

4) As many times as I've fanned it, no. Hell, I think twice about using that bus when with a female, let alone surrounding myself with them on that bus.

The Advantages are gone? Funny, they looked like they were actually pretty new, and I know they came from Palm Tran.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, what's Zera Ytzchak's fleet? And do they let the general public on? (if so what's the fare and route?)

They might have sent them to Gray Line and CitySights as doubledeckers, as well as some of the 6v92 Orion Vs I mentioned earlier.

Zera Yitzchak...their fleet is mostly ex-Fairfax Connector Orion Vs with two exceptions: An ex-Utah bus with an 6v92 engine and a red, white, and yellow Orion V. They used to run Pace buses until recently.

Out of all the intracity Jewish carriers (PT, Williamsburg Trolley, Zera Yitzchak), only the B110 is public. The others will simply say "Members Only."

There's also the Crown Heights Community Coach line under J. Hanukov but, that's just a dollar van service at this point.

They might have sent them to Gray Line and CitySights as doubledeckers, as well as some of the 6v92 Orion Vs I mentioned earlier.

Zera Yitzchak...their fleet is mostly ex-Fairfax Connector Orion Vs with two exceptions: An ex-Utah bus with an 6v92 engine and a red, white, and yellow Orion V. They used to run Pace buses until recently.

Out of all the intracity Jewish carriers (PT, Williamsburg Trolley, Zera Yitzchak), only the B110 is public. The others will simply say "Members Only."

There's also the Crown Heights Community Coach line under J. Hanukov but, that's just a dollar van service at this point.

Well I think Greyline will be getting new E400 Double Deckers from the UK as they were order when it was part of Twin America. Also do you know who picked up a few of the ex GO Orion V suburbans?

Well I think Greyline will be getting new E400 Double Deckers from the UK as they were order when it was part of Twin America. Also do you know who picked up a few of the ex GO Orion V suburbans?

I know for certain Private Transportations #522 and maybe 523 are ex-GO

Hello085.jpg

• 1 year later...

I'm thinking about fanning Private Transportation's B110 soon

I traveled on the B110  several times to get to Borough Park quickly to or from Williamsburg in providing IT consultation with several rabbinic and private religious schools for children. The wait times are long but once you board its a fast ride downtown to South Brooklyn. Decent ride, bus driver was courteous, riders comfortably sitting in their seats, no drama at least in my experience. I think you may like it.

================================================

I'm not sure if this was mentioned if anyone wishes to fan the B110 on a weekend, there is no service 2 hours prior to sundown on Fridays until nightfall Saturday in observation of the Sabbath.

• 5 months later...

Its funny to see u guys so interested in my boss' buses

I driven most of those....especially 523. 523 has comfy seats and a car charging outlet inside. love that bus it is an ex GO transit Bus from Can.

I'd love to grab a ride on one of the ex-GO buses; those things are niiiice.

Bus #523 was my bus an ex GO transit

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Archived