Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Staten Island is TA, ATU is Far Rockaway and Spring Creek which are affiliated with MTA Bus Company which are TWU and there depots are Yonkers, Eastchester,Laguadia,JFK and Baisley Park.

You are combining things. Every branch of bus operations has multiple union representation except Mabstoa who is all TWU.

All of Staten Island and Queens specifically Jamaica, Casey Stengal, and Queens Village are TA garages but their union representation is ATU with each borough having different locals. And as far as bus company goes JFK is also represented by ATU other than that every thing else is correct

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All MabStoa depots (OA) are TWU Local 100, TA depots under TWU Local 100 are 126st,FP,FB,ENY,JG,GA and UP. The TA depots under ATU in queens are QV,CS and JA, TA depots in SI are all under ATU as well just diff. Locals between queens and SI. MTA Bus local 100 depots are YO,EC,LG,BP and CP MTA bus depots under ATU are JFK, Far Rock which they both have the Same local and SC which have it's own local. Hope this clear things up.

It's all so confusing lol

i know once i figured all the affilitations it works out,

TWU LOCAL 100

ALL MASTOBA depots (MJQ TG GH KB MHV WF)

Manhattan NYCT depots - (126th/OHS)

Brooklyn NYCT depots- (FP GA UP FB JG)

Select MTABC depots - (CP LGA BP EC YO) 

Queens NYCT depots (CS JA QV) are affiliated with ATU 1056 

Staten Island NYCT depots (YU CS CA MA) Are affiliated with ATU 726

Jfk and Far Rockaway Depots are affiliated with ATU 1179

Spring creek is on it's own with ATU 1181 

So hypothetically speaking, does anyone know what happens if they fail to contact you within the 2-90 days of the first D/T?

Give them 3 more weeks and we find out I hope they start calling back on Monday

To my 4/21 classmates does anyone know when we graduate from line training? Its getting a lil annoying how they do it out here in SI

how do they do line training on SI? I live is SI but I'm apart of the 5/5 class and got pushed out to east ny they have us driving the bus anywhere from 4 to 6 hrs sometimes more a day..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

To my 4/21 classmates does anyone know when we graduate from line training? Its getting a lil annoying how they do it out here in SISent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
Was going on bro I checked the computer to see my hours and I'm already getting paid for Wednesday and it's only Monday so I think that maybe that's when we graduate what's going on out there ?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how do they do line training on SI? I live is SI but I'm apart of the 5/5 class and got pushed out to east ny they have us driving the bus anywhere from 4 to 6 hrs sometimes more a day..Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Shit whatever the schedule says I'm driving the whooooole day I've been driving 8-10 hours Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how do they do line training on SI? I live is SI but I'm apart of the 5/5 class and got pushed out to east ny they have us driving the bus anywhere from 4 to 6 hrs sometimes more a day..

They make you learn every local line from every garage thats not bad at all. What happen to me is when i got to charleston and yukon they gave me miscellaneous (combo runs 2 different routes 1 day) so i learned everything faster than i shouldve so instead of shipping me off to the next garage ill line train on the same route 2 or 3 more times again not a problem except as you kbow SI has express so instead of having us ride them to learn them im doing the 79 74 etc for the third or fourth time thats my problem

Ok I'm not getting what your saying. There are 2 unions that represent MTA bus ops. TWU (brooklyn, manhattan, bronx) and ATU (SI and queens. not counting BC they are a different beast) when you come in everyone is TWU until you get to depot picking if a person willingly chooses queens or SI via transfer their union rep changes from TWU to ATU.

So all new hires coming in now are 5 years to top pay TWU TA/OA operators. not sure if it applys to anyone going to queens or SI cuz as of right now we are on the old contract

Hey ironboundnjt. Would you happen to know what the new top out pay is after the 5yrs. Also any idea if the start pay has gone up aswell. Last I checked for exam 4600 it was $20.68 or something arround that to start. Any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Fellas, don't try to figure out the TA... Your brain will explode!! Just do what they say nod your head and keep it moving. You're gonna get the shitiest runs, buses and RDO's for the next 3-5 years. All part of the deal. Dispatchers will test you while you're on probation... just smile say no problem and thank you! Cause the second you complain about a bus or your leader you're done! Good luck fellas!

Hey ironboundnjt. Would you happen to know what the new top out pay is after the 5yrs. Also any idea if the start pay has gone up aswell. Last I checked for exam 4600 it was $20.68 or something arround that to start. Any info would be appreciated.

Should be 22 start 32 top cant give exact figures in SI so we are still on the 3 to top @ 29.95 ask muta, mtagirl, pepe, or bronxmta via PM theyll give you a better answer sorry

@rm SI doesnt have RTSs so any bus is great to me lol

Should be 22 start 32 top cant give exact figures in SI so we are still on the 3 to top @ 29.95 ask muta, mtagirl, pepe, or bronxmta via PM theyll give you a better answer sorry

@rm SI doesnt have RTSs so any bus is great to me lol

Thanks

They make you learn every local line from every garage thats not bad at all. What happen to me is when i got to charleston and yukon they gave me miscellaneous (combo runs 2 different routes 1 day) so i learned everything faster than i shouldve so instead of shipping me off to the next garage ill line train on the same route 2 or 3 more times again not a problem except as you kbow SI has express so instead of having us ride them to learn them im doing the 79 74 etc for the third or fourth time thats my problem

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk[/quote

Spoke to the union graduation is Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started 4/7, graduated 5/21. We had 5 days of express training (2 with superintendents, 3 with the union), one day doing driller training and one day doing the S89 and the union hall. Yesterday was first day out on own.

I started 4/7, graduated 5/21. We had 5 days of express training (2 with superintendents, 3 with the union), one day doing driller training and one day doing the S89 and the union hall. Yesterday was first day out on own.

So after graduation you weren't automatically on your own ?

So after graduation you weren't automatically on your own ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. I'm not saying thats going to happen like that always, but thats what our class did. We had 20 people go to Staten Island at once, so it was kind of rare.

So after graduation you weren't automatically on your own ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. I'm not saying thats going to happen like that always, but thats what our class did. We had 20 people go to Staten Island at once, so it was kind of rare.

That's sick

how do they do line training on SI? I live is SI but I'm apart of the 5/5 class and got pushed out to east ny they have us driving the bus anywhere from 4 to 6 hrs sometimes more a day..Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

hey blue , there were no depot for Staten Island when you picked?

Got the phone call today , to go down for my sec drug test on Wednesday.

how do they do line training on SI? I live is SI but I'm apart of the 5/5 class and got pushed out to east ny they have us driving the bus anywhere from 4 to 6 hrs sometimes more a day..Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalkhey blue , there were no depot for Staten Island when you picked?Got the phone call today , to go down for my sec drug test on Wednesday.

I went in for the 5/5 class and only 4 people went to staten island, every class it changes 2 classes before me 20 went... so it's always up in the air.. we have 7 to 8 guys waiting for SI from 5/5...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived