Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

They didn't let anyone take it yeaterday. They told us to come back on the 29th or 30th.

They didn't say anything like that to me. All they said was wait for a call! But wouldn't it be too late for the class if they ask that you come back for medical on the 29th or 30th? That would mean next class not the one starting...? Did you ask them about medical or did they tell you themselves?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dre87, how did your drug testing go? Did they say anything about medical?

They didn't let anyone take it yeaterday. They told us to come back on the 29th or 30th.

They didn't say anything like that to me. All they said was wait for a call! But wouldn't it be too late for the class if they ask that you come back for medical on the 29th or 30th? That would mean next class not the one starting...? Did you ask them about medical or did they tell you themselves?

he said something about the next two classes are going to b full and they wouldn't get to my list number and I would have to take a 3rd drug test if I had taken it yesterday.

he said something about the next two classes are going to b full and they wouldn't get to my list number and I would have to take a 3rd drug test if I had taken it yesterday.

So that probably means the same for me. What's the point of drug testing and having people waste days off of work if they know they won't be calling you back for the class until the January per say. Now they will waste time with a third drug test and until we are done with medical it will be a while. When is the next class after the one on the 29th? How often are the classes?

Amazing that 30k ppl took the best and only 3600 and changed passed. Embarrassing. That is why the 4600 exam was dumbed down.

Similar crap with the FDNY where they loosened the requirements to get minorities into the dept.

If u can't cut it...u can't cut it simple.

It's just amazing how many uneducated people are out there.

How on earth can 26K ppl fail the 2613 exam?

Amazing that 30k ppl took the best and only 3600 and changed passed. Embarrassing. That is why the 4600 exam was dumbed down.

Similar crap with the FDNY where they loosened the requirements to get minorities into the dept.

If u can't cut it...u can't cut it simple.

It's just amazing how many uneducated people are out there.

How on earth can 26K ppl fail the 2613 exam?

The exam isn't difficult but you need to know where certain things are located. Otherwise it's common sense. if I would have studied the exam book that many did study I would have done significantly better in the exam but I didn't even know about it.

The exam isn't difficult but you need to know where certain things are located. Otherwise it's common sense. if I would have studied the exam book that many did study I would have done significantly better in the exam but I didn't even know about it.

What exam book are you talking about?

I saw some guys standing on the line while waiting had a exam book I think it's called passbook or something like that they were reviewing. I asked them what it is and they said its a prep book for the test

Interesting...you know that book is so outdated, right? I used that to study, and, in my opinion, it was a complete waste of time and money.

Interesting...you know that book is so outdated, right? I used that to study, and, in my opinion, it was a complete waste of time and money.

I don't know about that. I didn't study off of anything. But all I remember was them talking and reviewing where what was located and I remember in the test there were questions like that. So I figured that book was useful. I on the other hand don't know by heart where what is located. Some common places yes but other then that I had to guess.

Hey guys , I was in the 10/20 class off 2613 been on a little over 2 months now.. I was forced to west farms depot out in the Bronx and I live on staten island, the traveling gas and tolls are killing me, I have had my transfer in since day one and waiting on it to happen is killing me, does any one know and status or updates for the Staten Island transfer list or any information.

Thanks in advance

The book is bullshit. Living in NY knowing the location of the Empire State Building is almost common sense. There aren't that many location questions on the test. Makes up an extremely low percentage. Overall the book is bs, they weed out so many people with this test its amazing. A larger percentage of people who fail training come from the bottom of the list. For example in my group about 15 failed, it was 75% pass rate. Once you get to the bottom of the list that pass rate drops to around 50-65% ( HR lady told us). Significant difference. 

Hey guys , I was in the 10/20 class off 2613 been on a little over 2 months now.. I was forced to west farms depot out in the Bronx and I live on staten island, the traveling gas and tolls are killing me, I have had my transfer in since day one and waiting on it to happen is killing me, does any one know and status or updates for the Staten Island transfer list or any information.

Thanks in advance

Maybe  March/April. System pick just finished last week. Everything was picked and there was excess that were put onto the extra list, they will have days where they come in and just sit and get paid for 8 hours. So the island is full now. You need some people to retire before the spring pick. I hope they do. 

The book is bullshit. Living in NY knowing the location of the Empire State Building is almost common sense. There aren't that many location questions on the test. Makes up an extremely low percentage. Overall the book is bs, they weed out so many people with this test its amazing. A larger percentage of people who fail training come from the bottom of the list. For example in my group about 15 failed, it was 75% pass rate. Once you get to the bottom of the list that pass rate drops to around 50-65% ( HR lady told us). Significant difference. 

Amen! All I can say is I am so glad I got the book out of the Library, looked it over for a day or two maximum, and then I returned it. I'm so glad I didn't pay for that bu****it!

Archived