Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Yeah I've been thinking about getting my Cdl first when you ask people online some say upwards of like 3000$ to obtain it . If anyone has a place or a roundabout estimate it would be greatly appreciated

It depends on how fast you can learn everything. Some people might only need 4-6 lessons, some need 8-12, some 15 so it varies. The more lessons you take the more expensive it is. I only took 6 lessons plus the bus for the road test for like 700 dollars

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just called DCAS moments ago for an update, and, as of March 1st, 2015...

...the list number of the last certified is 2887 (This is probably the last candidate who was called for the first drug test.)

...the list number of the last appointed is 2684 (This is probably the last candidate who was sent to Zerega for training.)

Good luck to the last 1,000** candidates!

**estimation

Does anybody know how long it takes to re-establish my list number?  I accepted a new position a year ago and decided to put my application on hold with Transit.  When I called DCAS they said I am eligible to reinstate my list number which was in the 700's.  Thank you in advance.

Hey dennis congrats. Did you get to pick a depot yet or they just send you to jamaica?

Probably got sent to Jamaica...picking Depots doesn't take place until after Day 10 to give the other candidates another try (or two).

You don't the rts training out of jamaica. Ppl that want to come to queens get sent to Casey Stangle. And u have to wait till ya transfer to jamaica or queens village goes thru. I'll currently waiting for mines to jamaica.

Hi everyone ! I'm from UP depot, I have been reading the posts from everyone, it is very interesting and very informative. Like everyone else, I went through the same process and luckily I made it this far. Today I am on my FIRST VACATION !!!  On July 14, I will finish my probation. I really can't wait ! I have also switched from OA to TA last week. When I went on line to file for the B/O exam back in 2012, I filed for two job without knowing it was OA 3103 and TA 2613 ( or the different between them ) The reason I apply for two was if I fail one, there's another for backup. Luckily for me, I pass both ! Make the long story short, OA called me first, so I started working for MaBSTOA on July 14, 2014. Until last month, downtown Brooklyn call me to go for lab test for 2613, since I'm not losing much seniority, I made the decision to switch over. I feel for everyone's story because I was there mentally and physically ! I feel really happy for those of you made it this far and I also feel bad for those didn't make it for certain reason. I hope everyone will pass their probation and have a great future working for the MTA !!!  Good luck and please drive safely. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my letter to show up from my first pre interview and drug test next week is there anything I should know something I should bring any type of advice ?

Make sure you have your CDL or permit. If you dont have the permit make sure you get it before next week. Go there early and be one of the first people in line and bring all your paper work.

What day are the summoning you? Monday?

Archived