Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heya guys,
Looks like nice ppl AND very useful board!

Anyways, I FAILED BOSS previously for 2301 on 01/17/13 and I know few other ppl  who failed as well. 
Have no idea what went wrong and was somewhat sure that it supposed to be Ok, but got letter saying that:

"We reviewed your responses to the Bus Operator Selection Survey and have concluded that we are unable to offer you the position of Bus operator at this time."

Just like that. No answer sheet. No explanations.

Now, I scored 86.25% (11 wrong) the 2613 that I had on 01/27/13 at Washington Irving High School, which I consider not THAT bad, but this Saturday, June 22nd, I going to have BOSS (like a lot of other ppl here) and I am NOT really excited about it. :( 

The main thingy is I don't know how to react to those questions. Be "by the book" which I was last time and failed OR be "be yourself"?

Anyways, see you all there.
Good luck!

the school on 2900 bedford av on the 26

i did, Monday i start training. i took 2613 ta because i was afraid that they wouldn't get to my number

that`s my test score 71.25 and list number lol so good luck who ever is taking it and keep ur license clean and take the cdl dmv 1st so this way u just have to learn to drive the bus the mta way and no dmv road test just mta`s road test. less stress that`s how i did it got my cdl license 1st and now just gotta learn to drive the bus the mta way the way thay want me 

Hey Igor,

Congrats, man!

This is K, another MVP here, with 5 yo being there. I guess you know me.

Looks like you got your badge on my Birthday. I was on Vacation at that time. When I got back you were gone.

Anyhow, did you have that BOSS? Like I said above I FAILED 2301.

Now I have another one coming this Saturday and I am worry. 

I just don't want my 2613's 86.25% go down the drain

Salute!

Can someone explain, If exam 4600 is going to be a boss survey type of test.

If exam 4600 is for NYC Transit, then it will be very similar to exam 2613. There will first be an exam that will contain general Bus Operator questions. Then the next step will the BOSS exam. Since filing for this exam is scheduled for August, my prediction is that the Bus Operator exam will be given in January of 2014, and the BOSS exam will be given next June.

Although I passed the 2301 BOSS exam and was told I didn't have to take it again I did too take it again so to be on the safe side. I was getting too many different answers to take the chance. Ironically when I got to James Madison High School I asked again if I had to re-take the exam and was told I needed to take it because it is for 2613 b/o. So I took it again! I'm not sure if the person who told me that I needed to take it knew what they were talking about but to be on the safe side. I passed this same test twice before. Once with Access-A-Ride and with 2301. Could you imagine if this time for some reason I fail it? Man I'm going to be pissed. I certainly wish when we get any information that we don't get 22 different answers! !!!! Perhaps it would have been good enough to sit this one out instead of taking it again!

Although I passed the 2301 BOSS exam and was told I didn't have to take it again I did too take it again so to be on the safe side. I was getting too many different answers to take the chance. Ironically when I got to James Madison High School I asked again if I had to re-take the exam and was told I needed to take it because it is for 2613 b/o. So I took it again! I'm not sure if the person who told me that I needed to take it knew what they were talking about but to be on the safe side. I passed this same test twice before. Once with Access-A-Ride and with 2301. Could you imagine if this time for some reason I fail it? Man I'm going to be pissed. I certainly wish when we get any information that we don't get 22 different answers! !!!! Perhaps it would have been good enough to sit this one out instead of taking it again!

Hey 64cavemen,

What do you mean Once with Access-A-Ride?

Hey 64cavemen,

Yeah cavemen i work with access a ride and didnt have to do that i guess every company is different.

They need a lot of driver's and it looks good. They are moving fast  they never go this fast. I was told a lot of driver's will be leaving at the end of the year.  Good Luck to all.

Wow this is definitely great news if our test is the next they will be hiring from.

Hey 64cavemen,

TC (Trans-Care) Access-A-Ride gives the same BOSS exam before they hire you. In fact it's the first test you must pass before they give you the obstacle test and then a road test.

Yeah cavemen i work with access a ride and didnt have to do that i guess every company is different.

Wow this is definitely great news if our test is the next they will be hiring from.

Yes Dee all Access A Rides are similar in most aspects but differ in a few.

TC (Trans-Care) Access-A-Ride gives the same BOSS exam before they hire you. In fact it's the first test you must pass before they give you the obstacle test and then a road test.

Hmm, I am with MVP for 5 years and never had OR heard of it...

Aren't THEY suppose to train you first?

Same questions? You must be a know-how with BOSS then? :)

Hmm, I am with MVP for 5 years and never had OR heard of it...Aren't THEY suppose to train you first? Same questions? You must be a know-how with BOSS then? :)

Access A Ride has several branches...Trans Care being one of them is the only one that actually gives a BOSS exam. We already know that Access A Ride is under the umbrella of MTA.

First, thanks for all of the people posting information regarding the exams. The information helps as the MTA does not update their employment website often and when they do, there is little information on the 2613.

I received my letter and sat for the BOSS exam on June 22. We spent more time standing on line at 9AM and waiting for the second signal than we spent taking the exam. The proctor, reading from an insert in the test packet, explained the official list will be established in September 2013.

My questions to the forum are when will they post the final exam answers and mail our official scores? I check weekly and the 2613 answers are still listed under "proposed". Also, I never received a letter informing me the answers were updated but some of you have posted receiving a letter updating the number of answers incorrect. Was this for a specific exam date? I took the exam on 1/26/13

Thanks

First, thanks for all of the people posting information regarding the exams. The information helps as the MTA does not update their employment website often and when they do, there is little information on the 2613.

I received my letter and sat for the BOSS exam on June 22. We spent more time standing on line at 9AM and waiting for the second signal than we spent taking the exam. The proctor, reading from an insert in the test packet, explained the official list will be established in September 2013.

My questions to the forum are when will they post the final exam answers and mail our official scores? I check weekly and the 2613 answers are still listed under "proposed". Also, I never received a letter informing me the answers were updated but some of you have posted receiving a letter updating the number of answers incorrect. Was this for a specific exam date? I took the exam on 1/26/13

Thanks

we will get our official score in sept along wit the list number. They prolly post the final answers same time we get our scores. I took the exam on jan 26 myself and recieved the updated letter not sure why everyone didnt get one

how long after the list comes out, before they might start calling?

when they call, how much time do we have to get the CDL permit and how long does it take to receive it?

thanks, good luck to all

how long after the list comes out, before they might start calling?

Anywhere between 1 day an 4 years.

how much time do we have to get the CDL permit and how long does it take to receive it?

You must have it when they call you.

As soon as you go and take a test in DMV you will have it  ( if you pass all parts )

Archived