Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't New York City Bus TA depot's? How many different depots are there? TA, MTA Bus, and what else?

There's 3

MTA NYCT Bus (TA)

Casey stengel

Jamaica

Queens Village

Fresh pond

Grand Avenue

Jackie Gleason

East new york

Flatbush

Ulmer Park

126th Street Depot

And all the Staten Island depots.

MaBSTOA (OA)

All the Bronx depots

All the Manhattan depots (minus 126)

MTA Bus (MTA Bus)

Jfk

LGA

Baisley Park

College point

Spring Creek

Far Rockaway (sumn happened to this depot I think)

That's off the top of my head

If u took 2613 u pick TA only.....Now if an OA depot has room they will let u in....but eventually u will have to transfer to a TA depot

Been meaning to look at that site when I'm on my laptop, sucks on the phone.

So MJ Quill wouldn't be on a list to choose from if you wanted to work out of there?

There's 3

MTA NYCT Bus (TA)

Casey stengel

Jamaica

Queens Village

Fresh pond

Grand Avenue

Jackie Gleason

East new york

Flatbush

Ulmer Park

126th Street Depot

And all the Staten Island depots.

MaBSTOA (OA)

All the Bronx depots

All the Manhattan depots (minus 126)

MTA Bus (MTA Bus)

Jfk

LGA

Baisley Park

College point

Spring Creek

Far Rockaway (sumn happened to this depot I think)

That's off the top of my head

If u took 2613 u pick TA only.....Now if an OA depot has room they will let u in....but eventually u will have to transfer to a TA depot

Ahhh ok. Very helpful. Thanks man

That's what I'm here for.

Lights out 4 me. Peace

What!!!!!  Lights out so early lol haha  I'm just on my second beer. I told you guys training is no joke yeah they do throw a lot of info at you and you must get a grip real quick. I'm just picking on you student because when you get to your depot thats what the vets gonna call you guys students and when you get your badge they gonna call you rookie or probie so just get used to it. let me tell you students something if you have to go to day 8 or 9 it isnt the end of the world dont stress out over it just do the dam thing. My class there was a lot of people that went to day 10 and guess what they pushing these artic's and shorty's up and down the road getting this money.

What!!!!! Lights out so early lol haha I'm just on my second beer. I told you guys training is no joke yeah they do throw a lot of info at you and you must get a grip real quick. I'm just picking on you student because when you get to your depot thats what the vets gonna call you guys students and when you get your badge they gonna call you rookie or probie so just get used to it. let me tell you students something if you have to go to day 8 or 9 it isnt the end of the world dont stress out over it just do the dam thing. My class there was a lot of people that went to day 10 and guess what they pushing these artic's and shorty's up and down the road getting this money.

Yea rookie. Lol. I'm onw to MJ Quill right now. But yea. If I don't make it on day 7 I still got 2 more chances. I mean I wanna get in asap but as long as I'm in.....I'm in.

Yea rookie. Lol. I'm onw to MJ Quill right now. But yea. If I don't make it on day 7 I still got 2 more chances. I mean I wanna get in asap but as long as I'm in.....I'm in.

So we need to qualify day 7-8-9 by a MTA standards and those with just a permit need to pass DMV road test as well to qualify?

So we need to qualify day 7-8-9 by a MTA standards and those with just a permit need to pass DMV road test as well to qualify?

U need 2 consecutive days of Satisfactory (days 5 6 and 7 OR 6 7) If U DONT U Automatically Go To DAY 9.

And people with permit...my instructor said it takes days to weeks to take your DMV road test but if u pass on 7 or 9 u get 2 chances. Day 10 people get 1 chance.

Again that's what my instructor said.

Wannabemta , what going on , training is brutal I got a cool instructor but he don't play no games I think I'm going to 8&9

I got a cool older Italian guy...He likes to talk. He jokes around keeping the mood friendly but he's a good instructor.

He love stressing scanning mirrors and covering your right and keeping your 4ft spacing.

Yesterday all the trainees got a U (including myself)

Today I was the only one to get a S (not to brag)

I'm starting to get in the groove of mta driving style.

And alsaps I got down...only because I've driven CMV before.

The trainees still struggling using the book as reference

PS....sstudy page 16 y'all.

It's take the training can't tell you just listen we went on Jamaica ave today you have to be 10 times careful them people do anything they got ear plugs in big hoods on and step in the street anywhere you have to watch them and when you pass a hazard stop if you have to they don't want you to doing no squeezing they want you to give in always let the threat go and then you go in every situation GIVE IN when you pass something follow it through the hold bus length but also watch for other hazards starting to happen. It's a lot

It's take the training can't tell you just listen we went on Jamaica ave today you have to be 10 times careful them people do anything they got ear plugs in big hoods on and step in the street anywhere you have to watch them and when you pass a hazard stop if you have to they don't want you to doing no squeezing they want you to give in always let the threat go and then you go in every situation GIVE IN when you pass something follow it through the hold bus length but also watch for other hazards starting to happen. It's a lot

Its funny im training in Manhattan and it's not as bad as I thought.

My instructor let's us squeeze under certain conditions...

About choosing a depot: First of all don't get so far ahead of yourselves. Focus on qualifying and don't get too confident, cause thats when you hit a curb and get an automatic DQ.

Second, you will have a choice between TA and MaBSTOA depots, or MTA Bus if you are an MTA Bus trainee.

If the depot you want isnt available, then pick your second/third/fourth/fifth choice, or if you are at the bottom you get whatevers left. Once you get there you put in a transfer if you don't end up liking it, and wait. I picked my 3rd choice depot, and got a transfer to queens 5 days after line training. It usually takes weeks or months. Once you go to SI or Queens you are there for LIFE, no transferring back.

126 is the only TA depot in Manhattan but it will be moving, who knows when but its gonna happen, lots of rumors. Also rumors of consolidation being rescinded which means if you are TA and go to Quill, which is OA, and they get rid of consolidation you get sent to Brooklyn, cause you ain't getting sent to 126.

These are rumors, but you'll hear them if/when you get OTJ, I would have liked to heard them before so here you go.

Worry about one thing at a time, qualify and then think about the next step.

I heard about the ALSAPS and covering your RIGHT SIDE..... But what else?

Thanks troop, I got in to the February 10th class so just looking for some info before hand....GOOD LUCK TO ALL TRAINING!!!

What # were u again and when did u take the 2nd drug test?

I took my first drug test last Wednesday and medical yesterday

#420ish

WannaBeMTA12 study page 16 of what book?

The student bus operator manual.

U get that book wen Ur at zerega.

It's the breakdown of ALSAPS.

Especially if you never driven an CMV before....study it.

I knew of it...jus needed to brush up the specific stuff and remember the correct name of the test I was doing

Archived