Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We each drive once before lunch....Once after lunch about 45 min a piece. At the end we each on our own do alsaps and pre trip interior and exterior

In preparation for my 10-day training session, which starts February 11th, I am studying ALSAPS and what that all means. Would you mind elaborating on the pre-trip, for both exterior and interior?

Thanks!

Yea rookie. Lol. I'm onw to MJ Quill right now. But yea. If I don't make it on day 7 I still got 2 more chances. I mean I wanna get in asap but as long as I'm in.....I'm in.

Well Well Well I just got the news today me and 6 other of my classmate's got bumped out of our depot today, we will report to Quill on monday so my man wanna be I just might get the chance to met you. Yo fuoco good word of advice for the students, I guess we will be in Quill for the year but it's no sweat we still getting paid, thats one thing my instructor told us not to get comfortable at any depot for the first year because they can bump you at any time. Personally MTA can send me to staten island to work I would'nt care. And I'm from the Bronx.

Monday is day 5 for you guy's if I'm correct take your time fella's and no hitting curbs,call out everything,scan them mirrors. When you reach Day 5 you must show the instructor them starter jitters is out your system and you can handle that bus safely as if passengers is on it.  O yeah and cover that right side.

Who else is starting February 10th?

Well Well Well I just got the news today me and 6 other of my classmate's got bumped out of our depot today, we will report to Quill on monday so my man wanna be I just might get the chance to met you. Yo fuoco good word of advice for the students, I guess we will be in Quill for the year but it's no sweat we still getting paid, thats one thing my instructor told us not to get comfortable at any depot for the first year because they can bump you at any time. Personally MTA can send me to staten island to work I would'nt care. And I'm from the Bronx.

Monday is day 5 for you guy's if I'm correct take your time fella's and no hitting curbs,call out everything,scan them mirrors. When you reach Day 5 you must show the instructor them starter jitters is out your system and you can handle that bus safely as if passengers is on it. O yeah and cover that right side.

Dee where were you?

Monday is day 5 for you guy's if I'm correct take your time fella's and no hitting curbs,call out everything,scan them mirrors. When you reach Day 5 you must show the instructor them starter jitters is out your system and you can handle that bus safely as if passengers is on it. O yeah and cover that right side.

Well DEE77. ..Wen u walk in the swing room there's a table in front of the dispatchers window....I'll b at that table wearing an Armani Exchange hat.

Young...It's hard to explain...basically jus call out that everything is secured and working on your bus that it would need to operate efficiently and productively.

Who else is starting February 10th?

Me.

I am surprised OUR rookies here are NOT telling us about specifics.

Like for example that you signal the turns with your left foot pressing and holding the button on the floor... until turn is complete.

All transit buses are set up like that. Turn signals on the floor.

Left button left signal....and vice versa

I guess he neva had to ride a crowded bus & stand next to the coin box & c what the bus driver do while driving. The want both hands to stay on the wheel that's why u use your foot to signal.

I guess he neva had to ride a crowded bus & stand next to the coin box & c what the bus driver do while driving. The want both hands to stay on the wheel that's why u use your foot to signal.

I've driven transit buses before.

It's easier than a coach.

The signals are the best. Never have to take hands off the wheel.

Lol

Like for example that you signal the turns with your left foot pressing and holding the button on the floor... until turn is complete.

I've seen the buttons on the before, especially when climbing into the driver's seat in the RTS bus @ the Museum. However, you have to physically hold the button down on the floor until you make the turn? I thought it's similar to the directional signal in a regular automobile, in which you put it on, and when the turn is complete, it goes off automatically, unless you are switching lanes on the highway or merging into traffic, in which you have to turn it off manually.

I've seen the buttons on the before, especially when climbing into the driver's seat in the RTS bus @ the Museum. However, you have to physically hold the button down on the floor until you make the turn? I thought it's similar to the directional signal in a regular automobile, in which you put it on, and when the turn is complete, it goes off automatically, unless you are switching lanes on the highway or merging into traffic, in which you have to turn it off manually.

U hold the button for the duration of the turn...then let go.

I guess he neva had to ride a crowded bus & stand next to the coin box & c what the bus driver do while driving...

Nope. Never. Have more interesting things in my life than that ;)

PS. But I gotta admit its a nice idea... with turn buttons on the floor.

Archived