Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've driven transit buses before.It's easier than a coach.The signals are the best. Never have to take hands off the wheel.Lol

The signals on a coach are the same. Or at least on transit coach's. In fact there even worse because they also add the highbeam closer to the turn signals So you can hit them instead .

TA buses all have the directional signal buttons on the floor as well as the high beam button, Speck easy (PA) button and "Emergancy Call Police" button... All in front of the drivers seat... Very crowed. I'm always hitting that "Emergency Call Police" button LOL!!!

TA buses all have the directional signal buttons on the floor as well as the high beam button, Speck easy (PA) button and "Emergancy Call Police" button... All in front of the drivers seat... Very crowed. I'm always hitting that "Emergency Call Police" button LOL

One of the trainees already got it on day 2

One of the trainees got it on day 2

TA buses all have the directional signal buttons on the floor as well as the high beam button, Speck easy (PA) button and "Emergancy Call Police" button... All in front of the drivers seat... Very crowed. I'm always hitting that "Emergency Call Police" button LOL!!!

Come drive the prevost now and they also add in a horn button on the floor dead left of the left directional about 3 inches away its pretty terrible. I have to take a pic to show you lol

Come drive the prevost now and they also add in a horn button on the floor dead left of the left directional about 3 inches away its pretty terrible. I have to take a pic to show you lol

U mean MCI D4500CT

You guys that are taller than 6 feet like myself are going to have fun squeezing into the seat of an RTS!! Oh boy!!

KNEE BREAKER

I'm 6 foot 2

I'm dreading an RTS

Especially the ones with the drivers shield

I been in the mta prevost before TA got them....#2400 wen it was at the prevost dealer in S. Plainfield NJ. I didn't see my horn on the floor....just the signals

Its there its really ridiculous how close it is to the directionals. I'll snap a pic of one this week show ya its funny

Young...It's hard to explain...basically jus call out that everything is secured and working on your bus that it would need to operate efficiently and productively.

I found this YouTube clip (

) of how Los Angeles Bus Operators doing a pre-trip on their bus. Is this similar to what we are required to do?

I found this YouTube clip (

) of how Los Angeles Bus Operators doing a pre-trip on their bus. Is this similar to what we are required to do?

The video isn't working on my phone....but from what I saw....yes.

All transit systems implement the same pre trip. There are a lil variations.

The Superintendent training u will go over them multiple times before u really start having to remember it on your own.

And to all....they grade u (starting on day 2) either Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory.

If u screw up on one thing, it puts u at unsatisfactory.

U have days 1-5 to get unsatisfactory grades.

Althou it isn't wise to b unsatisfactory until day 5

Days 6 and 7 u don't wanna see that. U wanna see satisfactory....

That'll get u to qualify, and move on to training on the RTS.

If u get a Unsatisfactory on day 6 prepare to b there for days 8 and 9.

Also wen that occurs u will get a different superintendent to instruct u and hopefully correct your error area.

That's my $0.02 for this morning.

Listen guys that's going in training on the 10th, best advice I can give you right now is drive your car like a bus, cover your right try to leave no room for someone to pass you on the right 2) from this day on used all three of your mirrors in you car every 3-5 seconds and look over you left shoulder and get down in your right mirror to see more of the right , 3) when you see someone working in the street watch them even when you pass them make sure they don't pop out anytime you move that bus look in your mirrors before moving while you moving and when you stopped. Keep 4ft from anything going on to the right that means park cars people on the curb if nothing going on, just drive reg but cover that right.

Archived