Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Does it really pay off at all on medical day to be there very early ahead of the pack? 

It depends. WannaBe was not put on medical hold, so he was able to go through medical and final processing the same day.

As far as I am concerned, I arrived at 7 AM, got put on medical hold and I was done for the day by 12:30. I called my doctor's office as soon as I walked out hoping for an appointment, however since it was New Year's Eve, I was unsuccessful and had to wait until that Thursday to see my primary physician, followed by the neurologist.

The following time I went down, I arrived at 7 AM, got the first number for medical (C400). I got cleared by medical, however I had to take another drug test. With that, I was out by 10:30.

Next, when I got informed by HR that the drug test was negative, I once again arrived by 7 AM, got interviewed, fingerprinted, etc. and was out by either 11 or 11:30 AM.

Therefore, as far as getting there early to be "ahead of the pack", I would say yes. The reason why is because once you get there, you line up and are given a ticket number. That is in the order they call you. The sooner you get there, the sooner you can probably and most likely leave.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it really pay off at all on medical day to be there very early ahead of the pack? 

No. I agree with Mr Young. I arrived at 7:30 AND I could get out by 11:30 easy BUT...

They lost me in the system. Someone just did not update me once I took 2nd Drug Test. I was sitting there from 10:30 to 15:30 and waiting when I am gonna appear in the system to get sworn. About 5 times very lovely and patient lady called me holding all of my paper in hands and every time she said NOT yet. Btw that's how some of the rookies with higher # got ahead of me LOL.

There were 2 lines. One is huge all the way to Medical waiting area for 1st, 2nd Drug Test, etc. and another one 2-3 times smaller for Medical. You may sit closer to the counter AND when they tell to form the line you may jump and be one of the first to hand them all paper work (like Mr Young did LOL), BUT then they will start calling you by the A number and its gonna move very fast.

Just dont put that you drink. Even couple of beers a week. Dont ask how I know.

I thought you're going to Zerega on 2/10?

PS. Also, when you go Medical waiting area just sit there and wait for your A # to be called.

No need to go to the counter and tell them that you are here.

I am going for medical tomorrow, it is for the 2/10 class she said. So I will know tomorrow if I am in or on hold.

BUT then they will start calling you by the A number and its gonna move very fast.

Also, when you go Medical waiting area just sit there and wait for your A # to be called.

Exactly! And this is determined by what time you arrive...those that arrive first get a smaller #. Those that arrive later get a bigger #.

I am going for medical tomorrow, it is for the 2/10 class she said. So I will know tomorrow if I am in or on hold.

So how did it go?

Sent from my finger tips via tapatalk

Processed and cleared. I was there from 8AM to 330PM. I report to Zerega 2/10.

How long can you be on medical hold for ??? and do you have to make another appointment to go to back to see the MTA doctors ???

There is no real answer to the first question, they just suggest to take care of the condition as soon as possible and come back as soon as possible, since they have other people to process.

As far as the second question, you do not have to make another appointment. What will happen is once you are able to go back, when you report at 7 AM, they will give you a number that begins with the letter 'C' (not A). You will be called three times in medical. Once to hand in the documentation stating that your medical condition is under control or being taken care of. This can be as simple as a doctor's note. Next, one of the nurses will take your blood pressure and pulse. Providing you passed the EKG, vision, hearing, etc. you do not have to do it again. Finally, one of the doctor's will call you to briefly discuss your condition and to talk to you again if it is a different doctor. Once this is done, the doctor will give you a 'Medically Qualified' form. You take this form back to HR, and providing on when you took your drug test, you will go for final processing the same day.

The reason why I mention the drug test is because I took the drug test on December 19th and I went back down to HR to get off of this medical hold on January 21st. Therefore, since the 12/19/13 drug test expired, I had to take another one. If I went back the week of January 13th, I would have not had this problem and a chance to get into the January 27th class. However, I had to go to a neurologist, and he was booked up with appointments, which unfortunately did not help...

Yea i wanna see now unless 2400 was a demo unit

CAM00055.jpg

Not sure if I'm posting this right but bus #2440

Picture is sideways as I can't figure out how to fix it on NY phone. That's the horn. Left directional. High beam. Right directional.

Now as far as the speakeasy and emergency button those are in the usually place the same as the local busses

Archived