Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

If you qualify on days 7 and 9, you have two chances to pass te DMV road test. You must pay twice though. If you qualify on day 10, you have one chance.

9am banana, 11am prunes. Or vice versa? Lol.... Hands down great instructor though.

LMMFAOOOOOOOOO

YES. And 12 pm is walnuts. Then during the air brake test is chocolate.

I'm upset I don't have him 2morro for Day 7.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys I have a quick question for those who took the q44 to the Bronx what time did you take it to get there on time.Have to get there for 7 thanks.

My suggestion is to use TripPlanner @ mta.info. Just remember to leave yourself plenty of extra time!

Guys,

1. Whats that waiver you signed regarding Staten Island (and I think Queens too) saying that once you transfer to those boros there is NO coming back?

2. Also, based on ABOVE info, if I transferred to one of available SI depots, can I transfer to another one (in SAME boro) at the time of next pick?

3. What the limit on amount of transfers? Between Unions? Between depots of same Union or Division?

4. Is Seniority number Universal for ALL MTA or goes just for specific depot?

TIA
sinyguy

Guys,

1. Whats that waiver you signed regarding Staten Island (and I think Queens too) saying that once you transfer to those boros there is NO coming back?

2. Also, based on ABOVE info, if I transferred to one of available SI depots, can I transfer to another one (in SAME boro) at the time of next pick?

3. What the limit on amount of transfers? Between Unions? Between depots of same Union or Division?

4. Is Seniority number Universal for ALL MTA or goes just for specific depot?

TIA

sinyguy

Well to answer #2, we can transfer within SI at an annual pick if we are here already. The rest of the questions I am not to sure.

TWU unlimited transfers between depots... ATU in Queens one time transfer, if you pick a depot in Queens you're stuck there for the rest of your career. ATU in Staten Island you can transfer only within Staten Island depots. Very difficult to get back to TWU depots once you transfer out, but in some cases it's possible. Your seniority goes with you when transferring between depots in your union. So if you transfer out of TWU and want to come back 5 years later your going to lose 5 years seniority... That's why guys don't transfer back and forth between unions... Choose wisely fellas!

My question is Lets say I get a depot in Queens to start and I put my transfer to SI in as soon as I can, now when my transfer comes through can I deny it if I decide I end up liking the current depot I am at?

Yes.

TWU unlimited transfers between depots... ATU in Queens one time transfer, if you pick a depot in Queens you're stuck there for the rest of your career. ATU in Staten Island you can transfer only within Staten Island depots. Very difficult to get back to TWU depots once you transfer out, but in some cases it's possible. Your seniority goes with you when transferring between depots in your union. So if you transfer out of TWU and want to come back 5 years later your going to lose 5 years seniority... That's why guys don't transfer back and forth between unions... Choose wisely fellas!

So I have a question...say for example a Bus Operator picks a depot in Queens (Casey Stengel, Jamaica or Queens Village) and is in the ATU depot. He/she decides to take a promotional examination for Train Operator and is successful...what happens to the years that you put in as a Bus Operator under ATU as far as your pension is concerned with NYCERS?

Also, it is understandable if you lose 5 years seniority, however you still retain those 5 years with the pension, right?

08 orion 7.501 HEV new generation

One day I was riding them and the B/O said that driving those buses is like driving a golf cart...true? comments?

So I have a question...say for example a Bus Operator picks a depot in Queens (Casey Stengel, Jamaica or Queens Village) and is in the ATU depot. He/she decides to take a promotional examination for Train Operator and is successful...what happens to the years that you put in as a Bus Operator under ATU as far as your pension is concerned with NYCERS?

Also, it is understandable if you lose 5 years seniority, however you still retain those 5 years with the pension, right?

One day I was riding them and the B/O said that driving those buses is like driving a golf cart...true? comments?

Your pension is your pension nothing changes that. you will still be under the same tier and 25/55 or whatever it will be when you get in

Well fellas.

I made it on Day 7

Just Day 7 or Training completely?

Congrats anyway!

If u want SI....agree to it.

Pick your depot. Write it down

Unlimited transfers within the depots within your union

Thanks guys,

Thats all I want to hear!

Archived