Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Any of you guys from Staten island need help lemme know! I know for you guys that passed on 7 its so much of a stress relief. It might of been the mentally toughest thing I ever did.

I am a B.O. in SI and willing to give all the help I can .

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically even if your light is green but the other light is flashing for pedestrians to stop crossing, you must still stop?

Hell yea.

Pass that flashing with the stop hand and get braked....unsat.

If it has a counter....If it's less than 10 seconds left....STOP.

more then 10 seconds u can pass it....but announce that you're aware it's more then 10 seconds otherwise the supt Gunna b like why did u pass....u don't have an answer...they looked at it as unsafe because u didn't observe the count.

yes he is going to Jamaica tomorrow also

Damn. I hope I kno at least 1 person going to Grand Ave tomorrow

Hell yea.

Pass that flashing with the stop hand and get braked....unsat.

If it has a counter....If it's less than 10 seconds left....STOP.

more then 10 seconds u can pass it....but announce that you're aware it's more then 10 seconds otherwise the supt Gunna b like why did u pass....u don't have an answer...they looked at it as unsafe because u didn't observe the count.

Cute, WannaBeMTA!

Thanks for the heads up on Stale Green Lights! I try to do that all the time anyway.

Based on how most of them (if not all) run on Red I would never guess they so anal about it.

Are you allowed to go in the center of intersection, wait for all traffic to pass and then turn OR gotta stop at crosswalk and wait when its clear?

Do they want you to stay 4ft away from hazards (bicyclist, etc) or ANY obstruction (parked cars,etc)?

Following distance 4 seconds?

Do you go in the tunnels, highways, bridges?

Thanks again!

Cute, WannaBeMTA!

Thanks for the heads up on Stale Green Lights! I try to do that all the time anyway.

Based on how most of them (if not all) run on Red I would never guess they so anal about it.

Are you allowed to go in the center of intersection, wait for all traffic to pass and then turn OR gotta stop at crosswalk and wait when its clear?

Do they want you to stay 4ft away from hazards (bicyclist, etc) or ANY obstruction (parked cars,etc)?

Following distance 4 seconds?

Do you go in the tunnels, highways, bridges?

Thanks again!

Yea you're allowed to go in intersection and wait.

Thats the bad thing about quailifing on Day 7, you have to do the bullshit RTS training until all day 10 people qualify. My RTS training was for 3 days. The entire class did it out of Zerega. I drove the first day for 10 minutes and the rest of the time sat in the back driving around the Bronx. After the RTS training you'll do 2 more days at Zerega (HR day & GI day). I think my class graduates this Wednesday the 12th... you guys should pick by then. Good Luck!

Thats the bad thing about quailifing on Day 7, you have to do the bullshit RTS training until all day 10 people qualify. My RTS training was for 3 days. The entire class did it out of Zerega. I drove the first day for 10 minutes and the rest of the time sat in the back driving around the Bronx. After the RTS training you'll do 2 more days at Zerega (HR day & GI day). I think my class graduates this Wednesday the 12th... you guys should pick by then. Good Luck!

Ohhh. Ok. Cuz no one knows.

Even worse were here on a Saturday

What's GI day?

Hi guys......haven't been on here in over 2 weeks....been busy with training. However not going so good guys.

I'm going to day 10 tomorrow at Zerega. Messed up on day 9, had a golden opportunity and I messed up a short left turn, started turning too soon. I did not want to go to day 10. But this is my last chance to get this job. I am worried, but I know I can do it. Now I have to drive in the Bronx. That left turn really messed me up. Car on the left side parked, no car on the right side, just snow, and I did not use the space. Can't believe it. Any advice anyone has about day 10? Anything can help me. I'm going to the Bronx and manhattan today to see how the bus drivers do that turn. I have the idea now but man, I am kicking myself so much. Any advice guys will help. Never thought with a Commercial B License I would end up going to Day 10.

I'm very proud of my 2 mates who made it! Larry who made it yesterday on day 9, and Troop who made it on day 7! Way to go Troop!

Troop!  What's up??

Read my post Troop....anything you can tell me? Im just kicking myself with that left turn......anything can help me now.

And how was that RTS Bus compared to the other bus?

Stylus , don't worry u got it just take your time , remember short left with car park on your left no car on right you want to keep wheel straight and your shoulder to the middle before you start to turn use all your space on the right and keep watching the car on your left and that's it you'll be fine

Archived