Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a quick question when making a right turn should you take it wide

Are you in training?

Didn't your Supt point at the references?

Depends if the street is wide or narrow, a lot of factors go into play.

Hey man,

I think I FINALLY saw you today. lol

I was sitting near Mike on 3926 when you got on the bus...

Young you will get it don't worry and don't get nervous , that almost killed me . I passed on Day 10. A lot pass on day 9 and 10, you will be ok. I know the feeling I butchered a left turn on day 9. Day 10 I passed but was a nervous wreck .

Since you have a permit , do your best to pass on 9 since you will get 2 chances, I think if u go to day 10 you only get 1 day.

Like I said, I feel that I've been getting better each and every day. Today (Day 6) I got caught at a light @ E15th Street/Union Square East, especially with how crazy Lower Manhattan is. In addition, I need to use my correct reference point when making turns, since I struck the curb when making a right turn.

I'm just glad that Lower Manhattan is over with...shouldn't be that crazy the rest of the week.

Are you in training?

Didn't your Supt point at the references?

Hey man,

I think I FINALLY saw you today. lol

I was sitting near Mike on 3926 when you got on the bus...

Yeah that was me lol u waved over to...was hard to see thru the windows

Young you will get it don't worry and don't get nervous , that almost killed me . I passed on Day 10. A lot pass on day 9 and 10, you will be ok. I know the feeling I butchered a left turn on day 9. Day 10 I passed but was a nervous wreck .

Since you have a permit , do your best to pass on 9 since you will get 2 chances, I think if u go to day 10 you only get 1 day.

Thank you so much for your positive words/advice. I had to be @ Flatbush Depot by 6 AM this morning, so I couldn't reply earlier.

Just an update on the training class out of Flatbush, which ended today:

Out of the four students in the class, two of them qualified. One of them got 'S' the past consecutive couple of days, the other one got an 'S' on days 5 and 7 (NOT day 6). I am going to Gun Hill Depot tomorrow morning @ 9 AM to meet with Supt. Vasquez to get my problems/issues rectified. My other classmate who did not qualify is reporting to the Jamaica Depot to meet with another Superintendent to get his/her issues rectified.

Did anyone else have Supt. Vasquez the past couple of days? If so, how did it go?

Also, I just want to add that my CDL road test (whenever I get to it) will be on the 2008/2009 Hybrid buses that we've been training on the past couple of days, NOT the RTS buses.

UPDATE (April, 2017): Out of the four students that were in my 2-10-14 class, only two qualified. And, IMHO, the reason why they qualified is because the instructor asked us on Day 1 what our occupations were. One of the folks who qualified drove coach buses, the other one drove school buses. Therefore, this shows how the Superintendents like to DISCRIMINATE...

Thank you so much for your positive words/advice. I had to be @ Flatbush Depot by 6 AM this morning, so I couldn't reply earlier.

Out of the four students in the class, two of them qualified. One of them got 'S' the past consecutive couple of days, the other one got an 'S' on days 5 and 7 (NOT day 6). I am going to Gun Hill Depot tomorrow morning @ 9 AM to meet with Supt. Vasquez to get my problems/issues rectified. My other classmate who did not qualify is reporting to the Jamaica Depot to meet with another Superintendent to get his/her issues rectified.

Did anyone else have Supt. Vasquez the past couple of days? If so, how did it go?

Also, I just want to add that my CDL road test (whenever I get to it) will be on the 2008/2009 Hybrid buses that we've been training on the past couple of days, NOT the RTS buses.

Its been on the hybrids for the past year or two

Young , the person who qualified with S's on only day 5 & 7, they got a U for day 6? Are you positive? We needed 2 consecutive days of S grades ? Any further information on how this is possible? A reply before the evening is over would be appreciated. 

Um na.....I was on M5

If I do see a training bus I Will wave my ass off.

That M5 is a long ass route, But I do like going down to south ferry when I do the M20 from my depot, I do my layover right at the corner didnt know so many females take that ferry wow

No call for medical this week DT expires 3/2 my wait continues

@young and pips how'd you do today?

Sent from my finger tips via tapatalk

did great man, can qualify tomorrow. I can't believe I was sent to day 8. The people on my bus today were horrendous, trolley braked several times each, accelerating pass trucks on the right, not slowing down/horn for the blind spot , putting themselves in tough situations instead of waiting for incoming traffic to pass, countless errors.  . My one error was day 6, pedestrian came off the curb & stopped, I was stopped, peeped my left for sweepers or other pedestrians, came back to my right ( ped still standing still ) I continue  , pedestrian came walking on across.I seen him, put foot on brake and pressed it same time as instructor hit trolley, he hit the brake way too fast IMO, the pedestrian was still 30 feet from my bus, it was very wide avenue (4th ave and I think E 9th st NYC) , which I already had to take wide bc there were construction cones in the way. It was my only mistake besides the first day of driving in which he said I need to scan mirrors more, it was just terrible timing for that one error. But heard multiple stories of day 5 & 7 S's getting qualified with a U on day 6. Thought we needed 2 in a row..

Anyway I had to sleep that one off, still bothered me this morning but I didn't let it impact me today. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow and I'm qualified. I really want to have that 2 shots at DMV road test just in case, because if I go to day 10 then we only have one DMV shot, unneeded pressure. 

I wish everyone luck tomorrow on day 9.

what # were you again ? 

Archived