Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Hey every1. Just keeping you guys up to date....... I received a yellow notice saying I had to tke the boss on August 1st. I went 2 livingston street to take the test. However, I did not have to take it being that I took the boss 2's in 1 year so it just transfered over. I spoke with a lady Mrs. bucanan she informed me that they will begin processing us by early fall. She also said that this list is going 2 move the fastest because it's civil service. So every1 who has not yet gotten your permit you should do so now including clearing your license if you have to. Oh and i did not receive a list number as of yet. but I know I pasted because i was schedueled to take the boss. so if you get a letter that's a good thing. as far as going to take the boss. 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey every1. Just keeping you guys up to date....... I received a yellow notice saying I had to tke the boss on August 1st. I went 2 livingston street to take the test. However, I did not have to take it being that I took the boss 2's in 1 year so it just transfered over. I spoke with a lady Mrs. bucanan she informed me that they will begin processing us by early fall. She also said that this list is going 2 move the fastest because it's civil service. So every1 who has not yet gotten your permit you should do so now including clearing your license if you have to. Oh and i did not receive a list number as of yet. but I know I pasted because i was schedueled to take the boss. so if you get a letter that's a good thing. as far as going to take the boss. 

Thanks for the update, ptyler!

Hey ptyler thanks for the update but let me ask you did you take the boss on june 22? Cause most people from this test did on that date. We will get our list number in sept and thats why she told you early fall for processing. Well thats great news for all of us.

Filing for 4600 tomorrow. This will be the fourth application I put in. 2301, 2613, 3101, and now 4600. Wow!!! Getting surgery on my foot September 11th. Will need at least 2 months to heal. RISKY!!!

Wow wish you a speedy recovery.

I got a call today!

No, no, guys, not from 2613! Another test I took back in 2011 for MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR (HHC) (Exam No. 1050).
They are expecting me next Wednesday (my dayoff, btw) for Interview. Just dying to find out what they gonna offer to me...

Question is... if I am gonna take it (HHC) and then MTA pops up with either 2613 or 4600, will I be able to go to MTA or I will be locked with HHC?

I got a call today!

No, no, guys, not from 2613! Another test I took back in 2011 for MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR (HHC) (Exam No. 1050).

They are expecting me next Wednesday (my dayoff, btw) for Interview. Just dying to find out what they gonna offer to me...

Question is... if I am gonna take it (HHC) and then MTA pops up with either 2613 or 4600, will I be able to go to MTA or I will be locked with HHC?

What you mean locked in these jobs dont have a contract, if motor vehicle op wanna hire you jump on it until MTA call you. I was thinking about taking that test too but didnt like the pay but it is a city jig. I will wait for MTA or correction which ever one get to me first got me.

What you mean locked in these jobs dont have a contract, if motor vehicle op wanna hire you jump on it until MTA call you. I was thinking about taking that test too but didnt like the pay but it is a city jig. I will wait for MTA or correction which ever one get to me first got me.

Thanks Dee,

That's exactly what I wanted to know.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to 180 Livingston to ask when the list (for 2613) was coming out, and the lady in the window was vague...   I hope the letter comes soon. I filed for 4600 anyway, (she said it wouldn't affect my prior test) -but I hope I have a good enough result from 2613 and the BOSS to not have to worry about another later test and list...   it seems like they want us to be in the dark-

I went to 180 Livingston to ask when the list (for 2613) was coming out, and the lady in the window was vague...   I hope the letter comes soon. I filed for 4600 anyway, (she said it wouldn't affect my prior test) -but I hope I have a good enough result from 2613 and the BOSS to not have to worry about another later test and list...   it seems like they want us to be in the dark-

You're right they want us to be in the dark so we can apply for 4600

Are you saying that you did NOT record your answers at the exam and that's why NOW you can NOT say how you did? THEN I gotta tell you, my friend, you are shooting blanks... And you are obviously in The DARK!!!

im a little nervous i took 2613 i passed but i  didnt bother filing for 4600 i scored an 83 on 2613 is it possible that the list will expire before they get to calling me? i really should have filed for 4600

I scored 86.25 and I filed 4600 again. From what I heard here (and based on my common sense) those exams are not connected.

So why loose a chance? Its just $61. 

im a little nervous i took 2613 i passed but i  didnt bother filing for 4600 i scored an 83 on 2613 is it possible that the list will expire before they get to calling me? i really should have filed for 4600

You can still file for 4600 until September 3rd...go to http://www.mta.info/nyct/hr/appexam.htm for more information.

I was gonna apply for 4600 but i changed my mine when my random number came back from 3101 (4xx) which is pretty low and i already know i passed this exam with a 86 more or less so if thats not enough to get in MTA I also took the state correction and city correction test and they always need people.

Archived