Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

what # were you again ? 

Good luck even tho it seems you'll be just fine tomorrow your instructor that day seems a lil antsy lol #579 just biding my time

Sent from my finger tips via tapatalk

should be real soon for you. 

Yeah he was antsy, considering other people that qualified had bikes zip pass their passenger side as they pulled the bus out of a light which is a no-no and they didn't even see them.

it is such an instructor by instructor basis it seems, some very tough, some easy going...the 2 from my class who qualified said people in RTS training today got trolley braked 

my new instructor today was tough as nails.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

should be real soon for you.

Yeah he was antsy, considering other people that qualified had bikes zip pass their passenger side as they pulled the bus out of a light which is a no-no and they didn't even see them.

it is such an instructor by instructor basis it seems, some very tough, some easy going...the 2 from my class who qualified said people in RTS training today got trolley braked

my new instructor today was tough as nails.

They lied to you. When you go RTS there is no trolley brake.

We didnt have a trolley brake either  for rts training our supt was chillin in that front seat but I know one thing there were many people that should have went to day 8 and 9 and maybe 10, the way they was driving was like we was still on day 3 or something. So nycpips is right some supt are tougher than others because the one i had was not having it.

We didnt have a trolley brake either for rts training our supt was chillin in that front seat but I know one thing there were many people that should have went to day 8 and 9 and maybe 10, the way they was driving was like we was still on day 3 or something. So nycpips is right some supt are tougher than others because the one i had was not having it.

Spot on Dee, there is such a vast difference from instructor to instructor.

I qualified today and got some RTS training.

Good meeting you sinyguy

Okay, so an update on my status:

Long story short, I did not qualify on Day 9 neither did any of my classmates. The course the instructor took us on today was through Uptown Manhattan (86th Street was the lowest we went and 126th Street was the highest we went). I did not repeat my mistakes from the past couple of days, but made some new ones, unfortunately. It's just so hard in Manhattan with all of the pedestrians, trucks, taxi cabs, etc. Lower Manhattan just killed me on Day 6.

Anyways, the instructor told us that for Day 10, it's 2 Superintendents for 1 student, the route will be out of Zerega. Providing we are successful, RTS training will be the same day. Just need to make sure to pass that road test.

Also, from reading prior posts, the amount of time we have to wait until we can try Bus Operator training again is 3 years or 5 years? The reason why I'm asking is cause I also took exams 3101 (MaBSTOA) and 4600 (TA) as well...

Spot on Dee, there is such a vast difference from instructor to instructor.

I qualified today and got some RTS training.

Good meeting you sinyguy

Hey nycpips,

Same here! Congrats again!

I guess we continue RTS training on Monday?

Long story short, I did not qualify on Day 9 neither did any of my classmates. The course the instructor took us on today was through Uptown Manhattan (86th Street was the lowest we went and 126th Street was the highest we went). I did not repeat my mistakes from the past couple of days, but made some new ones, unfortunately. It's just so hard in Manhattan with all of the pedestrians, trucks, taxi cabs, etc. Lower Manhattan just killed me on Day 6.

Anyways, the instructor told us that for Day 10, it's 2 Superintendents for 1 student, the route will be out of Zerega. Providing we are successful, RTS training will be the same day. Just need to make sure to pass that road test.

Also, from reading prior posts, the amount of time we have to wait until we can try Bus Operator training again is 3 years or 5 years? The reason why I'm asking is cause I also took exams 3101 (MaBSTOA) and 4600 (TA) as well...

Damn I am sorry Young. I know the feeling, Manhattan is NOT easy to drive in. It's like Manhattan is a place you have to learn. 

Yes you will be getting 2 Superintendents on Monday at Zerega Avenue. Now you have the weekend to think about what you did wrong, and honestly, you should be ok. 

You will most likely be driving on the expressway on Monday, and you will have to make a couple tight turns here and there.

I Am not sure if you are going to the same route as I did on Day 10, but honestly, there is one turn, which is after a bus stop, and before you go into the expressway. It is tight. If you get that right turn, make sure you are either 4 feet from the curb while making the turn, or better yet, do a hook turn on it. The Hook turn is very vital for buses in the city. 

Only thing is, having 2 superintendents is definitely more pressure. Also...don't cross any red lights! Automatic failure. My classmate did everything right but crossed a red light, and he failed.

Hope this helps to anyone taking Day 10!

May God be with you, and you will be alright. 

Good luck to you all!

Also, from reading prior posts, the amount of time we have to wait until we can try Bus Operator training again is 3 years or 5 years? The reason why I'm asking is cause I also took exams 3101 (MaBSTOA) and 4600 (TA) as well.

5 years

but just keep your mind focused on Monday, you can do it. Apply what you learned. Relax this weekend, get some rest. 

You're rude. smh

/quote]

Maybe if I added "lol" u wouldn't b mad.

Just wen u think u kno someone....

Whatever dude...pick some sense of humor wen your at zerega....."lol"

WannaBe how are ya??

How's Manhattanville going? Hope you are doing good there.

Archived