Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Damn....u been line training this whole time at JA?

Nah bro! I'm on my own... Finished line training at Flatbush 3 weeks ago. When you're transfered you don't line train. They give you only 3 days to learn all the routes on your own. You ride the lines.

Do you mean your next in line come next system pick or you'll be able to go before the pick once a space opens?

Sent from my finger tips via tapatalk

Queens doesn't have a system pick... I'm next in line once a space opens up at QV.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah bro! I'm on my own... Finished line training at Flatbush 3 weeks ago. When you're transfered you don't line train. They give you only 3 days to learn all the routes on your own. You ride the lines.

Do you mean your next in line come next system pick or you'll be able to go before the pick once a space opens?

Queens doesn't have a system pick... I'm next in line once a space opens up at QV.

I Thought everyone does line training wen they get transferred to another depot.

But only 3 days. How is that possible.

Is there a class graduating today? If so can you let us know if any transfers to Queens came thru and the depot breakdown... Thanks!

Yea there's a class graduating today @7am

7am today , will let you know.

Thanks! Need to know how people are going into the following depots... Jamaica, Casey Stengal, Queens Village.

Yeah, only three days to ride the bus routes... Try to get as many as possible. I wasn't really paying attention cause I was going to learn them in my car anyways... But since I was getting paid for it and had to get the operators pass and run numbers I did it.

Sureee we can start... I hate that you can blow by me on the turnpike and I'm stuck in my MCI putting along at 60 driving miss daisy lol

You guys are capped at 60? I thought you guys drove slow because you get proper layovers and breaks unlike us

I do... Got into QV for one day then got bumped by this chick that was ahead of me from the 12/2 class and the union forgot to contact... I'm next in line for QV... Working out of jamaica until then.

Yes most of our coach's are capped at 60. Some fall through the cracks though maybe 1 in 20.. And some runs do have proper layovers and breaks some don't.

But we get paid by the minute. There's many days I'll have 3 or 4 trips and lost all the layover time and I'm right back out.

I spoke to miss chestnut today and she said they are not processing anybody at this time until there are openings available.  so they might still be doing

drug test but i dont know about the medicals

Well that's quite the put down pips says they overheard hr ppl saying they need 700 so here's hoping it's not too long

How far are you from getting in? Is it that much better over here anyway? Vs NJT

Im stuck in the whole took 1st drug test didnt hear from them its about to expire area Im in the 570s and not taking into account ppl coming off holds I assume ill be in the next medical batch.

At NJT you start PT and have to work a minimum of 520 hours to get FT but if there were other PT ppl there with more hours you could be PT for months and years. starting pay 15.07 top 25 and change 5 years after becoming FT. On our extra list your guaranteed 40 hours if you work your 5 regualr days which is cool but they leave out that your guarantee is a combination regular and OT combined i have had 20 reg 20 ot checks  :huh: so no one on extra list is guaranteed an 8 hour day unless they (scheduler) give you work that adds up to a minimum of 6 hours which is harder to get than youd think bcuz 10.5 hours after your morning report time anything you work is counted as OT. for our swing runs those that do get paid during spread (which is very few) dont get paid the entire spread but if they give you a morning evening am pm rush hour/ school tripper we dont get paid spread at all. And to top it all off my garage just re-instituted split RDOs example RDO Sun-Tue, Sun-Wed Im drowning in the BS and all that is allowed in our contract 

Im stuck in the whole took 1st drug test didnt hear from them its about to expire area Im in the 570s and not taking into account ppl coming off holds I assume ill be in the next medical batch.

At NJT you start PT and have to work a minimum of 520 hours to get FT but if there were other PT ppl there with more hours you could be PT for months and years. starting pay 15.07 top 25 and change 5 years after becoming FT. On our extra list your guaranteed 40 hours if you work your 5 regualr days which is cool but they leave out that your guarantee is a combination regular and OT combined i have had 20 reg 20 ot checks :huh: so no one on extra list is guaranteed an 8 hour day unless they (scheduler) give you work that adds up to a minimum of 6 hours which is harder to get than youd think bcuz 10.5 hours after your morning report time anything you work is counted as OT. for our swing runs those that do get paid during spread (which is very few) dont get paid the entire spread but if they give you a morning evening am pm rush hour/ school tripper we dont get paid spread at all. And to top it all off my garage just re-instituted split RDOs example RDO Sun-Tue, Sun-Wed Im drowning in the BS and all that is allowed in our contract

25 top pay isn't too bad. But split RDO's that's a crime right there....

I think they actually want your first DT to expire. Everyone I know had there's expire before called anyway.

I'm sure you hear our swings are paid in full under 1 hour. Everything over is paid half time. You don't actually get OT unless you r8 hours of vehicle time or over 11 hour spread I think . which will take years to get.... But that's why I pick extra list get some good but get some bad too.

25 top pay isn't too bad. But split RDO's that's a crime right there....

I think they actually want your first DT to expire. Everyone I know had there's expire before called anyway.

I'm sure you hear our swings are paid in full under 1 hour. Everything over is paid half time. You don't actually get OT unless you r8 hours of vehicle time or over 11 hour spread I think . which will take years to get.... But that's why I pick extra list get some good but get some bad too.

I do and thats why even if you guys made the same or even less I would still leave at the union meetings they chime and complain that we need to make as much as new york and Im one of the few who says no thats not priority we 1st need to make sure that if we are at work even if we are not driving we are getting paid even if its not at full rate. Im at 17 and change and my 40 hr reg week with 8-9 hrs OT brings home good money after taxes plus we get paid weekly (the only thing i like about this job) Our chief dispatcher an old ENY op told me that if you guys are on road call (when they had you report but there was no work to actually give) if you catch work all your road call becomes OT on top of the whatever run pays is that still true?

I do and thats why even if you guys made the same or even less I would still leave at the union meetings they chime and complain that we need to make as much as new york and Im one of the few who says no thats not priority we 1st need to make sure that if we are at work even if we are not driving we are getting paid even if its not at full rate. Im at 17 and change and my 40 hr reg week with 8-9 hrs OT brings home good money after taxes plus we get paid weekly (the only thing i like about this job) Our chief dispatcher an old ENY op told me that if you guys are on road call (when they had you report but there was no work to actually give) if you catch work all your road call becomes OT on top of the whatever run pays is that still true?

They way he explained it using those words doesn't sound right but the rest does....

While on extra list sometimes I guess not enough people are out sick and they just give us a report time. So we just show up and hang out till something comes up might be to cover a full run for a sick employee or maybe just a small piece to cover a breakdown. But say if you wait 2 or 3 hours and they hand you a full 8+ hour run better believe were getting time and a half for the time we waited plus the full run pay.

Sometimes nothing comes up and you just hang out all day or they will sent you to the 'yard' and just help move busses around or do test tribes for the shop to make sure repairs are holding up

But I'm guaranteed 8 hours a day regardless. I don't care if they tell me its mopping the floor I'm getting the same pay

Mta bus and oa picked....waiting for ta list....OA had a choice of MTV and Jackie Gleason It was 6 spots total. MTA Bus had 6 spots between Yonkers, Eastchester and Baisley

That's weird they did u guys separate.

Wen i picked:

Mta bus was asked to leave because all Of Them Got Spring creek.

TA and OA picked all at the same time.

Mta bus and oa picked....waiting for ta list....OA had a choice of MTV and Jackie Gleason It was 6 spots total. MTA Bus had 6 spots between Yonkers, Eastchester and Baisley

Is this a graduating class or are you picking depots for line training?? How big is the class??

Alright all the people in our group who had put transfer in for Queens got them right away. 10-15 people put in transfers, so they all start there. Not sure specifically which depots yet. The rest of us had to choose between 10 spots West Farm, 9 spots MTV , 4 spots Quill 3 spots Gun Hill

Archived