Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's called a "work run" not a "floater".

With a work run, you are doing a run of some other driver(s)

when they are on there regular day off.

And your days off, stay the same during the pick.

On the "extra list" you are doing work of drivers who are not working

there regular run, for some reason or another.

Your days off are usually the same thru out the pick.

But if you look at the "extra list" rules, it does say

that they can change your days off. But I haven't heard

about it happening.

Hope this helps.

I've heard it called a "floater" at Manhattanville and a "work run" here at Castleton. I'm going to assume the terms are used interchangeably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What depot on the island did u get? 16 of us start on SI tomorrow.

Hey Pips! Congrats, man!

And other guys going to SI, including myself...

Finally we gonna get there!

We lucky it did not take us THAT long!

C U there tomorrow!

It don't make sense to me cuz a floater is still doing different runs too. I'm guessing a floater work the same hrs every day & have the same days offs every week. And someone on the extra list work different hrs everyday & have different days off every week.

Yes and no while your work may fall among the same hour range it wont necessarily be working the same hours. Example monday youll do 1/b41 tuesday 1/b44 wednesday 1/b46 as you see your run differed each day like the extra board (im from nj transit my terminology will differ but its all the same thing) except now you know unless you get bumped that is, every monday youll be doing 1/b41 every tuesday 1/b44 every wednesday 1/b46 etc for that pick

A good way to make money and get some decent runs on lines and actually have plans without being at the will of the extra board

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

cleared medical on the 27 anybody got a call for final processing ?

So u cleared medical & didn't get sworn in the same day? Y didn't you?

Him and I both they didnt give a reason they just said "you can go home we will call you" we also did a third D/T that day

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

No, I had a choice of all 3 depots. Castleton was my preference. There's plenty of parking between the street and the back of the yard.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey man what routes do u do tomorrow 4/2 and what time report and clear? I have a few more buses I need to ride and I am done.

Sorry man, I'm on RDO today and tomorrow. Won't be back till Thursday Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no prob man, what about thursday? Do you know what your doing that day ? 

I won't find that out till tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yo fuoco whats good I know wasnt on here for a while but o well lol, but at least you picked already i dont pick until monday quill seniority is off the chain and i went to the pick room today and its scraps left and i have like 20 people still in front of me. i wanted to pick off the floater list so if thats not available i will try to get vacation relief. I will be real sick to get the extra list again i  really dont like it because they have too much control off you. But i will let you know what i picked. Hell with the extra list it's just not for me.

Whats up man yea at Stengel guys with 11 years are 'junior men'. 15 years to be a vet. Its diff out here I can do vacation relief on the extra list, and can choose RDOs and what runs I want, AM or PM......all based on seniority tho. Real sweet if you have a high peg, like 400 spots ahead of me LOL

If it was like Manhattan where they just tell you what you're doing, I wouldn't have picked it.

went down monday for first drug test and received the big manilla envelope with all the paper work filled it all out now im waiting for a call to come back down most ppl are telling me i should get a call by next week my list number is 997

Well i met a guy last week during medical his number was in 860s(he was doing medical also). But with me tho i had 2 d/t (1st was in january) before being called for medical and 3rd d/t last week and finally being processed in a few hours

Archived