Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Went to Zerega for orientation today, have to report to Gun Hill tomorrow for training with Supt Doyle. I live about 2 minutes from Charleston depot in Staten Island, so Gun Hill is literally the furthest depot from my house. I am going to leave at 6AM to get there for 9AM, hope thats enough time. My nerves are shot as it is, a three hour commute one way is not going to help lol

Heard today from someone that Doyle is a great instructor

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I hear that they are sending people pre-employment packages with list # 1400, is that true? I am praying! My list number is 1810.

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE GOING FOR THE PROCESS!!

I'm in the 1400's, haven't received anything yet.

Anybody knows if they are calling in the 900's as yet for medical. I know I asked the question already but I'm asking again because I called down there twice this week and got two different answers first person told me they were in the 700's and another person said they were in the 800's it seems like you can't get a straight answer when you call on the phone.

Anybody knows if they are calling in the 900's as yet for medical. I know I asked the question already but I'm asking again because I called down there twice this week and got two different answers first person told me they were in the 700's and another person said they were in the 800's it seems like you can't get a straight answer when you call on the phone.

Should be really soon when i was taking final processing (570s) i met two guys in the high 800s think 860s iirc doing final processing as well..you have to ask for ms chestnut herself her answer tends to be the most correct but the problem is ppl lower than you who were on hold for whatever are putting themselves back on list so while whatever number they tell is the highest number appointed not necessarily the last person appointed

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Should be really soon when i was taking final processing (570s) i met two guys in the high 800s think 860s iirc doing final processing as well..you have to ask for ms chestnut herself her answer tends to be the most correct but the problem is ppl lower than you who were on hold for whatever are putting themselves back on list so while whatever number they tell is the highest number appointed not necessarily the last person appointed Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Do you have Ms. Chestnut number. Or the numbers that people are calling from.

Did anybody get called from exam 3101??

They started calling for that exam already. There's already people in training. Check exam 3101 thread.

Do you have Ms. Chestnut number. Or the numbers that people are calling from.

(347) 643-8229 Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Ironbound.

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the great up-to-date info. This post is for anyone who is currently employed by the MTA and is looking to switch-over to the TA. Be very careful of your absences or the days you call in sick. A guy I know was disqualified from exam 2613 because he had 11 days absent. He's trying to fight it with the union because he has notes from his doctor but usually they 'don't want to hear it'. I'll keep you guys posted. His list number is in the high 900's. Hopefully I'll be receiving a package soon. I'm in the low 1600's. Take care.

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the great up-to-date info. This post is for anyone who is currently employed by the MTA and is looking to switch-over to the TA. Be very careful of your absences or the days you call in sick. A guy I know was disqualified from exam 2613 because he had 11 days absent. He's trying to fight it with the union because he has notes from his doctor but usually they 'don't want to hear it'. I'll keep you guys posted. His list number is in the high 900's. Hopefully I'll be receiving a package soon. I'm in the low 1600's. Take care.

Was he employed in defrent position in MTA? I herd from frend if you employed in defrent position and apply for exams to change you position or to get a promotion good record is a must

Good evening ppl :) Going to Zerega Monday extremely nervous . I have my BPS as I already stated however, I have to learn the MTA way and probation for a year is very intimidating. anyone else? how soon do they throw you on the road?

and how many days do you have to learn a bus line?

Goodnight to everyone now this is crazy im reading that someone with 997 got called for medical and someone in 10xx got called for a second dt. My number is in the 930's and its almost a month since I did my first dt. Today a friend of mine in the 850's went for medical and starts class on monday. I think I have to go down there and find out whats going on because it dont seem like this is moving in list number order.

Good evening ppl :) Going to Zerega Monday extremely nervous . I have my BPS as I already stated however, I have to learn the MTA way and probation for a year is very intimidating. anyone else? how soon do they throw you on the road?

You'll be fine... Just listen to the instructor and do as they say. Do not question them. After the initial 10 day training and qualification you will pick (in your class seniority order) a depot of your choice out of the available depots. There you will have 4 to 6 weeks to learn all the depots lines (some depots have more lines then others). You'll go out with an operator, usually the operator will do the first round trip then they will let you drive... Some put you in the seat right from the start and have you drive all day. Two hands on the wheel, keep your eyes moving, use your mirrors, forward plan and drive slow... It's not as intimidating as you think. Good luck! If you have any question feel free to inbox.

Good evening ppl :) Going to Zerega Monday extremely nervous . I have my BPS as I already stated however, I have to learn the MTA way and probation for a year is very intimidating. anyone else? how soon do they throw you on the road?

Ill be out there with you too a fellow trainee and hopefully eventual probie. To add to the post above just take your time during training and when your out on your own just get the bus, your passengers, and most of all yourself to the end of the line in one piece. Dont worry about being on time we are going to be horribly late in the beginning and the most beautiful part is theyre still gonna pay us every minute for it.

Patience behind this behemonth of a wheel that is the one thing im fortunate that NJ transit taught me

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Archived