Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

I live in queens buddy.

Also I take the 7 train a lot to get to Manhattan (express mostly, if it's not express into Manhattan, I take the express bus.)

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk[/quote

Damn so you troop to Manhatten everyday for work well I'll keep you posted on what's available if I get stuck with queens I'll probably swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not the worst in the world.

I take q44 to 6 train to bx15 (1 hr 10 min max using public transportation) going home is longer granted it's night time.

It's jus the weekends kill me because I'll drive to work, I really don't like driving to work......I drive for a living....I don't even drive on my days off, I'll go out with ppl and let them drive my car....lol.

if u pick into queens, let me kno asap. Email me. Sottocapo12@aol.com well do what's called a "mutual swap" I'll talk to the general about it and see if that's a good deal (I don't see why not, supts do it and other drivers have)

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ame='Muta187' timestamp='1398483274' post='766517']

It's not the worst in the world.

I take q44 to 6 train to bx15 (1 hr 10 min max using public transportation) going home is longer granted it's night time.

It's jus the weekends kill me because I'll drive to work, I really don't like driving to work......I drive for a living....I don't even drive on my days off, I'll go out with ppl and let them drive my car....lol.

if u pick into queens, let me kno asap. Email me. Sottocapo12@aol.com well do what's called a "mutual swap" I'll talk to the general about it and see if that's a good deal (I don't see why not, supts do it and other drivers have)

Lmfao I got you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just remember there's a list with thousands of people waiting to get hired, they wont hold onto someone who is trouble or cant do the job the way "THEY WANT". I know someone in Queens, in his first six months, booked off, a couple of redlight cameras and damaged a bus rim off the curb his choice was resign or get fired, he resigned.

Just remember there's a list with thousands of people waiting to get hired, they wont hold onto someone who is trouble or cant do the job the way "THEY WANT". I know someone in Queens, in his first six months, booked off, a couple of redlight cameras and damaged a bus rim off the curb his choice was resign or get fired, he resigned.

@re3scue Damn!!!!! That's crazy!!!

@wannabeMTA Yes Train operator. Yeah man... I can't wait!! Been a buff since I was a kid. I used to be into buses as well. My favorite buses are the RTS's I'm 35. So i remember when Flatbush depot started getting theirs. They used to be GMC, then NOVABUS, and I guess it's RTS. Correct me if I'm wrong. So that's why I hijack this thread also. It's interesting to see how the B/O process works. I wanted to be one then go to T/O since that was my ultimate goal. But I'm here now, thank God!!

Yea it's not as Lengthy as a t.o. but it's fun.

Did u get a huge amount of tools?

union was in on the hearing as well, Like my training Supt. said today there is a list of people waiting to take your job so don't be stupid!! when it comes to safety and training money means nothing to MTA.

what did he do to damage a rim off the curb? Wtffff

It was a high curb and slammed the front right tire off it while pulling into a stop doing an express run with an MCI, bent the rim (in  Manhattan)  and of course a passenger called it in, and it became a road call. Because they already had him on 2 Red light cameras and a book off it was a rap.

It was a high curb and slammed the front right tire off it while pulling into a stop doing an express run with an MCI, bent the rim (in  Manhattan)  and of course a passenger called it in, and it became a road call. Because they already had him on 2 Red light cameras and a book off it was a rap.

Wow!!! They gave him enough rope to hang himself! So what happens when a passenger (snitch) reports someone? How does that process work? Like in his case

Each red light camera he got counseled, a complaint is a third party deal (I.E. did you do it, NO) but in this case the damage was evident and of course they threw in well your only here six months and you called out twice already.

Each red light camera he got counseled, a complaint is a third party deal (I.E. did you do it, NO) but in this case the damage was evident and of course they threw in well your only hear six months and you called out twice already.
Damn!!! That's ashamed... Yeah he would've probably been aight IF he didn't damage the rim. So that tells me ( and everyone else) that he came in that stop too hot!! SMDH
Yea lemme kno. Cuz I heard u need a duffle bag to carry it all. Lol Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Yo, it's funny that you mentioned that! I just went out and bought the biggest backpack north face sells. Anything bigger would be a hiking bag. But I hope this will suffice. Lol

To all you newbie's going into training, pay attention to the walk and don't walk signs, in training running a yellow light is just like running a red!!

If you didn't see it change from walk to don't walk and it's flashing and you didn't see how many times it flashed, slow down or stop and wait for it to turn red, rather than take a chance on it changing while your going under it!!

Damn!!! That's ashamed... Yeah he would've probably been aight IF he didn't damage the rim. So that tells me ( and everyone else) that he came in that stop too hot!! SMDH Yo, it's funny that you mentioned that! I just went out and bought the biggest backpack north face sells. Anything bigger would be a hiking bag. But I hope this will suffice. Lol
Big shot? U might need a smaller duffle. And naaa, he must have been flying Into that stop, and if he bent a STEEL rim it must have felt like he hit sumn thru the whole bus....Also those express bus passengers are a special level of snooty. They got mta on speed dial....I'm surprised they don't expect service from an attendant. I would never wanna do express service if I ended up at a depot that has...Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
To all you newbie's going into training, pay attention to the walk and don't walk signs, in training running a yellow light is just like running a red!!If you didn't see it change from walk to don't walk and it's flashing and you didn't see how many times it flashed, slow down or stop and wait for it to turn red, rather than take a chance on it changing while your going under it!!
This couldn't b more true. 100% accurate. Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

No doubt he was flying into the bus stop, he pinched the tire and scrapped up the rim and the tire went down and yes they got jostled on the bus, you know how those Manhattan people are. They think they own you! I heard it first hand from him.

Big shot? U might need a smaller duffle. And naaa, he must have been flying Into that stop, and if he bent a STEEL rim it must have felt like he hit sumn thru the whole bus....Also those express bus passengers are a special level of snooty. They got mta on speed dial....I'm surprised they don't expect service from an attendant. I would never wanna do express service if I ended up at a depot that has...Sent from my SPH-L720T using TapatalkThis couldn't b more true. 100% accurate. Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Nah it's called the router, but I know the one you mentioned... And lmao at special kind of snooty! Lol that crazy! They really get that way huh!? As for old dude that got forced to resign... His record proved that he took the job way too lightly. They spend money, and resources training us on how to SAFELY operate their EXPENSIVE equipment in a proper manner. And not endangering the public. So I don't blame them for being very strict.
No doubt he was flying into the bus stop, he pinched the tire and scrapped up the rim and the tire went down and yes they got jostled on the bus, you know how those Manhattan people are. They think they own you! I heard it first hand from him.
Damn!!!! Lmao, yeah I've worked in manhattan for years on my previous job. And those upper east side residents treat you like second class citizens. Their little mutts eat better then we do. They carry those damn dogs in their hands to walk across the street! Please!!! Don't get me started!!!!

Nah it's called the router, but I know the one you mentioned... And lmao at special kind of snooty! Lol that crazy! They really get that way huh!? As for old dude that got forced to resign... His record proved that he took the job way too lightly. They spend money, and resources training us on how to SAFELY operate their EXPENSIVE equipment in a proper manner. And not endangering the public. So I don't blame them for being very strict.

Damn!!!! Lmao, yeah I've worked in manhattan for years on my previous job. And those upper east side residents treat you like second class citizens. Their little mutts eat better then we do. They carry those damn dogs in their hands to walk across the street! Please!!! Don't get me started!!!!

Yes I drive in Manhattan up Madison.....u see the people that get off at 68-96 street so I kno what Ur speaking of...u right.

They expect the local buses to stop where they want too. I jus tell them request a stop starts at 10 pm lol.

Yes I drive in Manhattan up Madison.....u see the people that get off at 68-96 street so I kno what Ur speaking of...u right.

They expect the local buses to stop where they want too. I jus tell them request a stop starts at 10 pm lol.

Lmao!!! Oh god!!! They have NO clue! Funny cause I guess we must've tied you guys up so much. I used to work for con ed. Working in the street. And I see how we tie traffic up. Lol. But I just resigned to be a T/O and geeze those effin snobs!!!

Lmao!!! Oh god!!! They have NO clue! Funny cause I guess we must've tied you guys up so much. I used to work for con ed. Working in the street. And I see how we tie traffic up. Lol. But I just resigned to be a T/O and geeze those effin snobs!!!

Yall jus love opening random manholes and closing 3 lanes for 1 manhole in the right lane! LmFao

Yall jus love opening random manholes and closing 3 lanes for 1 manhole in the right lane! LmFaoSent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Nah nah... Hold up... Lmao. In their defense, we get a layout in the morning to splice cable in the manhole. Hey, if it happens to be on 75th and Madison, and we NEEDED to take out additional lanes for our SAFETY so be it!!! Lmao!!! Look man, we were just doing our jobs!! Lol so now have a little insight on how, and why that happens.
Express is where its at....the people are quiet and just go to sleep...once u do xbus u never wanna go back to local
So it is cool doing xbus huh?

Nah nah... Hold up... Lmao. In their defense, we get a layout in the morning to splice cable in the manhole. Hey, if it happens to be on 75th and Madison, and we NEEDED to take out additional lanes for our SAFETY so be it!!! Lmao!!! Look man, we were just doing our jobs!! Lol so now have a little insight on how, and why that happens.

Very cool. Only had it a few times, I actually have it tomorrow. The people are much nicer. Working class...they arent gonna spit on u and crazy shit like local riders....they get on the bus..read..watch a movie with there headsets on...doesnt get any better lol

Just busting his chops.

Nah nah... Hold up... Lmao. In their defense, we get a layout in the morning to splice cable in the manhole. Hey, if it happens to be on 75th and Madison, and we NEEDED to take out additional lanes for our SAFETY so be it!!! Lmao!!! Look man, we were just doing our jobs!! Lol so now have a little insight on how, and why that happens.So it is cool doing xbus huh?Very cool. Only had it a few times, I actually have it tomorrow. The people are much nicer. Working class...they arent gonna spit on u and crazy shit like local riders....they get on the bus..read..watch a movie with there headsets on...doesnt get any better lol
Nice!!!
Just busting his chops. Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Lmao!!!
Nah nah... Hold up... Lmao. In their defense, we get a layout in the morning to splice cable in the manhole. Hey, if it happens to be on 75th and Madison, and we NEEDED to take out additional lanes for our SAFETY so be it!!! Lmao!!! Look man, we were just doing our jobs!! Lol so now have a little insight on how, and why that happens.So it is cool doing xbus huh?Very cool. Only had it a few times, I actually have it tomorrow. The people are much nicer. Working class...they arent gonna spit on u and crazy shit like local riders....they get on the bus..read..watch a movie with there headsets on...doesnt get any better lol
I hate that!!!! People actually spit on transit workers!! Just doing their jobs man!!!

Archived