Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@alyjuly I'm in the same boat. I'm in the 1190's and my company just went out of business last Thursday so now I'm unemployed waiting to go for the 2nd d/t & final processing. I was hoping everything would've moved along quick enough to avoid unemployment but I guess that's life.

Oh gosh. Sorry to hear that. I'm certain you will get called in very very soon. Hang in there.

@alyjuly& mtakidd Stay patient I know it's easier said than done. But they will contact you before the 1st d/t expires.

My first DT expired already. But I should be called in for the second soon

Thanks for the words of encouragement @alyjuly, hopefully we'll meet in training!

Thanks for the heads up @ironboundnjt I will call them again first thing in the morning!

I called this morning ,Ms Chesnut is out of office until Tusday

can any one tell me what list number they have been calling from??????

I don't want to be skipped like what happened to other perspective drivers.  today is 5/25/14.  I am in the 1600's...........are they up to 1300s or 1400s...........???

I would really appreciate any input

@wuzlib2012 my best suggestion would be to call HR and ask them. As pilot4u stated Ms. Chestnut, which is the go to HR person, is out of the office til Tuesday so on Tuesday you should give her a call with your questions.

can any one tell me what list number they have been calling from??????

I don't want to be skipped like what happened to other perspective drivers.  today is 5/25/14.  I am in the 1600's...........are they up to 1300s or 1400s...........???

I would really appreciate any input

you just posted in the 2613 exam thread so they are calling off of that exam what exam did you take?

Hey everyone just a quick update, so I just got off the phone with Ms. Chestnut and explained to her that my drug test has expired and what she told me is the typical response, when we get to your number we will call you in to take a second d/t. She did also tell me that the last number hired was 1132.

Hey everyone just a quick update, so I just got off the phone with Ms. Chestnut and explained to her that my drug test has expired and what she told me is the typical response, when we get to your number we will call you in to take a second d/t. She did also tell me that the last number hired was 1132.

Looks like they haven't called any one form May 15 that the same information I got when I called first time on May 15

Looks like they haven't called any one form May 15 that the same information I got when I called first time on May 15

Yup so either they're waiting til the may 19th class to finish before they start calling again, which should be this week, or they're giving us the run-around

Thx bunches for the update. Hopefully they get to me soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My take is that they are waiting for the new contract to be voted on, this will put all future classes under the new pay scale.

Ur probably right. That will totally suck tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My take is that they are waiting for the new contract to be voted on, this will put all future classes under the new pay scale.

That actually makes sense but that's crazy. The contract won't technically be ratified til July if I read correctly so if that's the case then there will be a hiring freeze til July.

That actually makes sense but that's crazy. The contract won't technically be ratified til July if I read correctly so if that's the case then there will be a hiring freeze til July.

Guys correct me if I am wrong the pre employment package had  job offer letter in it under the old contract that we accepted.So that new contract may apply for the ones how is going to be called for pre employment?

How's it going everyone? I'm new to this site and just looking for some answer.

I'm on list 2613 with a list #72x and I went for my first DT back in march and never heard back from anyone. Then 2 weeks ago I receive a letter saying that I was removed from the list dew to the fact the positions have been filled. And I I want to be out back on the list I should go down to 1 Centre St. ASAP and put myself back on.

So I go down the next day and put myself back on the list and was hoping to get some answers as to why I was taken off but had no luck. I've been calling hr for the last two weeks only to be told without my file in front of them they couldn't tell me why I was taken off and I will be in the next class but they don't know when that will be.

After reading on this forum I see the last person to be appointed was 1132. So about 400 people were hired in front of me that weren't supposed to be. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me!!

Guys new contract has been ratified for a few days now. Anyone coming in now should be 5 to top the only escape from that would probably be those going to queens or SI bcuz we r atu and the mta hasnt sat down woth us yet

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

The test in question is for TA, so the contract will effect new hires. If you are ATU, I wish you luck or take the next available TA,OA or even MTA Bus test.

Ok I'm not getting what your saying. There are 2 unions that represent MTA bus ops. TWU (brooklyn, manhattan, bronx) and ATU (SI and queens. not counting BC they are a different beast) when you come in everyone is TWU until you get to depot picking if a person willingly chooses queens or SI via transfer their union rep changes from TWU to ATU.

So all new hires coming in now are 5 years to top pay TWU TA/OA operators. not sure if it applys to anyone going to queens or SI cuz as of right now we are on the old contract

Archived