Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Ok, THANK YOU "YOUNG SUBWAY FAN" SO MUCH FOR GOING IN SUCH DETAIL!

NOW I SEE WHERE IT GOT A LITTLE CONFUSING IN MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE, AT THE TIIME, AFTER MEDICAL, THE WOMEN AT THE FRONT DESK SAID I MAY BE IN THE AUGUST 25TH CLASS BUT I HAD TO TAKE ANOTHER DRUG TEST AND FINAL PROCESSING BEFORE THEY CAN CONFIRM MY SPOT IN THE CLASS. 

FAST FORWARD, I COMPLETED FINAL PROCESSING ON AUGUST 14, FOR BUS COMPANY. I WILL BE IN THE AUGUST 25TH CLASS. ALSO, I GOT INFORMATION REGARDING MY STATUS WITH TA. I WAS TOLD THEY WILL NOT BE CALLING ME FOR TA UNTIL NOVEMBER OR DECEMBER (KEEP IN MIND, I WAS CALLED FOR TA (JULY 3) AND BUS COMPANY (JULY 15) TWO WEEKS APART FOR PROCESSING.) SINCE MY LIST NUMBER FOR TA IS "181XXXXXX" THEY ARE NOT UP TO MY NUMBER YET FOR MEDICAL AND FINAL PROCESSING. I CAN TRAIN WITH BUS COMPANY IN THE MEANTIME. AGAIN, I REALLY WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL OF THE GREAT INFORMATION. THIS FORUM IS A GOD SEND, REAL TALK!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, THANK YOU "YOUNG SUBWAY FAN" SO MUCH FOR GOING IN SUCH DETAIL!

NOW I SEE WHERE IT GOT A LITTLE CONFUSING IN MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE, AT THE TIIME, AFTER MEDICAL, THE WOMEN AT THE FRONT DESK SAID I MAY BE IN THE AUGUST 25TH CLASS BUT I HAD TO TAKE ANOTHER DRUG TEST AND FINAL PROCESSING BEFORE THEY CAN CONFIRM MY SPOT IN THE CLASS.

FAST FORWARD, I COMPLETED FINAL PROCESSING ON AUGUST 14, FOR BUS COMPANY. I WILL BE IN THE AUGUST 25TH CLASS. ALSO, I GOT INFORMATION REGARDING MY STATUS WITH TA. I WAS TOLD THEY WILL NOT BE CALLING ME FOR TA UNTIL NOVEMBER OR DECEMBER (KEEP IN MIND, I WAS CALLED FOR TA (JULY 3) AND BUS COMPANY (JULY 15) TWO WEEKS APART FOR PROCESSING.) SINCE MY LIST NUMBER FOR TA IS "181XXXXXX" THEY ARE NOT UP TO MY NUMBER YET FOR MEDICAL AND FINAL PROCESSING. I CAN TRAIN WITH BUS COMPANY IN THE MEANTIME. AGAIN, I REALLY WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL OF THE GREAT INFORMATION. THIS FORUM IS A GOD SEND, REAL TALK!

Damn they won't b calling for TA till nov, dec? That's way pass 90 days. Guess I won't get my letter tell next yr if this is true.

Does anyone know when the next class goes in after this aug 25th one ... Or have any information about any classes or updates for TA 2613

From my experience, normally a class goes in every 2 weeks. Therefore, providing they still need people, the next class will be September 8th, 22nd, October 6th, 20th, etc. Also, I've been calling DCAS once a week, but the numbers they provided have not changed since post #4173 on page 418 of this topic. Therefore, when they change, which will probably be in early September, I will post the information on this site.

Man, this post is still going! I havent been here in months! Just checking to see how things are. YOUNG! DRE !FUOCO! How you guys doing??? Hope you are all well! I actually miss this forum lol!

I'm okay, hanging in there...during the summer of 2013 I got my CDL Learner's Permit, Class A with Passenger Endorsement...shortly after the 10-day training was over, I took advantage of the permit and I took my road test in a tractor-trailer, therefore I now have a Class A CDL with passenger endorsement, however I have a N2 restriction in which the number of passengers I carry can not be greater than 7. I did take the 4600 exam, however I have to wait another 4 years and 6 months, therefore I'm not worried about taking care of the restriction anytime soon.

In addition, I also took the Track Worker exam back in 2012, and that list should be coming out in September, so we'll see what happens...

Hello everybody I'm new to this site.. I've been on a outstanding certification according to DCAS for about two months now and I'm just waiting to be called for the starting process. Anybody have any idea what the process is like and how long it takes? According to DCAS they last certified 2310 people on the list and my list number is 21**

Hello everybody I'm new to this site.. I've been on a outstanding certification according to DCAS for about two months now and I'm just waiting to be called for the starting process. Anybody have any idea what the process is like and how long it takes? According to DCAS they last certified 2310 people on the list and my list number is 21**

Is there anybody that can answer my first post I would definitely appreciate it.

First of all, I don't know what the "outstanding certification" means - you would have to look into that yourself.

As far as what the process is and how long it takes: Like Rm3271 said, it's been posted many times. However, a brief summary:

The HR office @ NYC Transit will initially mail you paperwork, which will include a mini-booklet to fill out and also contain a paper with a time and date to report for the first drug test. When you go down to 180 Livingston Street the first time, when they have everyone line up in the middle, you will be expected to hand in your license, whether it is a Class D or CDL, so they can run your abstract to make sure you are clean. In addition, you will hand in the mini-booklet, fill out some paperwork (not a lot), given instructions on how to fill out the 21-page booklet, take a drug test and that's it.

Next, you will be waiting for a phone call from the HR office in between 2 and 90 calendar days. If the phone call is within 30 days, it will be for medical and possibly final processing. If the call is after 30 calendar days, it will be for another drug test, since they are only good for 30 days. From here the story does continue, however I went into a lot of detail on post #4185 on page 419 of this thread.

By the way, as far as DCAS, I recently called and as of 8/31/14 they are still at the same numbers. Therefore, when the numbers are updated next weekend, I will definitely post them...

I know it's been posted before and you would be saving me the trouble if flipping back into the thread, does anyone have the number for Ms. Chestnut again

I'm going on 62 days with no phone calls.

(347) 643-8229 . What is your list number?

Archived