Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all,

I just wanted to say good luck to all and do what you have to do.

Remember when you first go down there. They will take your booklet  and ids and review it  when they call you up. They will make photocopies of everything and start your file Don't come with photocopies of anything. I can tell you this the 1-3 rule will apply when you start the process it can happen anytime after the per interview / drug test or medical. Many people from Exam 8006 didn't make it due to the 1-3 rule. If you want to found out more about the 1-3 rule Google it type (MTA 1-3 rule). Now back to the process. I can tell you this a lot of people don't make it because of a few Things. unpaid parking tickets,Too many points,Fail the drug test. Please if you fail the drug test don't lie about it and tell them you ate to many poppy seeds bangles. And if you drink don't drink save it for some other time. Also the booklet they give you for your work history. Don't put I worked at JJ foot ware and I got paid off the books.They don't want to hear you worked off the books. That means your cheating the government and you steal. They will run your driver's license every time when you come in. If you lie about anything in that booklet and your on the job for less then a year and   they catch it Your done. So make sure you put everything down if you don't know leave it blank don't lie about have tickets fixed the problem. Court dates fixed the problem. 

For the people that don't have a CDL permit. You can go down there with out the permit to start your file they will tell you to come back with your permit just remember you will delay with your process.

GOOD Luck to all 

Hello all, exam 2613 list #60, got my labs on 11/4, just curious does anyone know what score that would be on the test?  And also what are my chances of being assigned to staten island?  The letter says this job is for twu100 and i read that staten island is AMU, thank you

Hello all, exam 2613 list #60, got my labs on 11/4, just curious does anyone know what score that would be on the test? And also what are my chances of being assigned to staten island? The letter says this job is for twu100 and i read that staten island is AMU, thank you

From what I hear staten island is a high seniority boro. Highly doubt any newbie will get in

Hello all, exam 2613 list #60, got my labs on 11/4, just curious does anyone know what score that would be on the test?  And also what are my chances of being assigned to staten island?  The letter says this job is for twu100 and i read that staten island is AMU, thank you

I am sorry, jtquadz,

Where did you read that Staten Island is ATU?

If you guys read exam #8006 thread from beginning to end you'll get a lot of useful information.

They do talk about the 1-3 rule in that thread and a lot guys got dq from it.

But lets hope they change there way of hiring.

I notice when I took the boss exam I remember there was about 30-35 people in a room. And I counted about 35 rooms on the 4th floor but i dont know how many rooms they actually used for the test. And i know there was another boss test being given around noon my friend took that one .

so I wanna guess about 2, 000 people passed the exam

But like I said I'm just guessing

From what I hear staten island is a high seniority boro. Highly doubt any newbie will get in

not true I know someone that is on the island and he got on about a year or 2 after he got the job he is at Yukon and said that they have the best bosses but the worst routes

you probably wont get on the island right away but you will

That's not true

FROM WHAT I HEAR

not true I know someone that is on the island and he got on about a year or 2 after he got the job he is at Yukon and said that they have the best bosses but the worst routes

you probably wont get on the island right away but you will

Im biased I wouldnt pick SI. Its like jersey to me and I hate the express routes to the city.....I hate driving a bus in the city now....I dont wanna do it for a career.....stick to a non express depot.

FROM WHAT I HEAR

Im biased I wouldnt pick SI. Its like jersey to me and I hate the express routes to the city.....I hate driving a bus in the city now....I dont wanna do it for a career.....stick to a non express depot.

Ok, let me repeat myself for the 3rd time...

All 4 people who I personally knew left to MTA from my SI Access-A-Ride division in the recent year I saw them driving SI local (non Express) bus.

I personally would like to drive an Express though. Do couple trips and go home. And I don't mind driving in the city. But again I will go wherever Motherland will send me. 

That's a sad news that SI represented by ATU (not a fact to me, at least not for now), because, FIRST, it is weaker union with lower benefits (correct me if I am wrong), and, SECOND, in the papers that we got its mentioned TWA L100 and looks like Staten Island wont be offered.

So, looks like in worst case scenario I (as Staten Islander) would need to make a tough decision.

I FOUND THIS ARTICLE:

Looks like nobody's quite gotten the answer correctly, and the "one in three" rule is rather rigidly overseen by the Department of Civil Service and heaven help any agency caught violating it. Here is the specifics of CSL:CSL §CSR § 61.13.64.2 Appointment or promotion from an eligible list must be made by selecting one of the three highest ranking eligibles willing to accept appointment. However, if there are eligibles having "tied" ratings, selection may be made from among those whose final ratings are equal to or higher than the third highest ranking eligible on the list who have indicated a willingness to accept appointment. All eligibles attaining the same score are listed as having the same rank.And in practicum:When a civil service exam is given, a list is established afterwards from which city agencies hire. The list consists of all those who passed the test, ranked by their scores. New York State Civil Service Law requires agencies to utilize the list when they are hiring for that title, and requires them to consider the top three scorers remaining on this list; this is known as the "one-in-three rule." Once a list is established, it remains in effect for one year, and can be extended for up to three additional years.One in Three Rule: Under New York State Civil Service Law, this rule provides City agencies with the discretion when hiring to select one of the three eligibles scoring highest on the ranked eligible list of exam passers.Your list number as a result is very important. Your agency cannot simply appoint whomever they want, whenever they want. Now they must, by law, proceed in number order while making appointments. If, for example, the Commissioner of the agency is list number 19, the Commissioner cannot be appointed while the first 18 candidates on the list are ignored.The One-In-Three Rule.Your agency does not have to appoint every successful candidate. When the agency "considers" candidates whose list numbers are #1, 2 and 3 for the first job, the agency can select the best of the "one-in-three."If the agency gives that first appointment to the candidate whose list number is list #1, numbers 2 and 3 are marked "CNS" or considered but not selected. If a second job is available, list #s 2, 3, and 4 must be considered. If #2 is chosen, #3 has been considered but not selected twice and #4, once.When a third position is offered, #3, 4 and 5 are considered, but if the job goes to candidate #4, candidate #3 has been considered but not selected three times. His or her name is removed from the list for any future consideration. The Agency can (but does not have to) grant a candidate's written request for later restoration to the list.

All 4 people who I personally knew left to MTA from my SI Access-A-Ride division in the recent year I saw them driving SI local (non Express) bus.

I personally would like to drive an Express though. Do couple trips and go home. And I don't mind driving in the city. But again I will go wherever Motherland will send me. 

That's a sad news that SI represented by ATU (not a fact to me, at least not for now), because, FIRST, it is weaker union with lower benefits (correct me if I am wrong), and, SECOND, in the papers that we got its mentioned TWA L100 and looks like Staten Island wont be offered.

So, looks like in worst case scenario I (as Staten Islander) would need to make a tough decision.

be grateful you don't atu 1181 as your union...

All 4 people who I personally knew left to MTA from my SI Access-A-Ride division in the recent year I saw them driving SI local (non Express) bus.

I personally would like to drive an Express though. Do couple trips and go home. And I don't mind driving in the city. But again I will go wherever Motherland will send me.

That's a sad news that SI represented by ATU (not a fact to me, at least not for now), because, FIRST, it is weaker union with lower benefits (correct me if I am wrong), and, SECOND, in the papers that we got its mentioned TWA L100 and looks like Staten Island wont be offered.

So, looks like in worst case scenario I (as Staten Islander) would need to make a tough decision.

Dude....that was jus my 2 cents.

RELAX.

U kno how many times u gunna tell passengers on a mta bus theyre inserting their metrocard incorrectly....and here u are saying "lemme repeat myself...."

Get used to repeating.

It is pretty high seniority, but u can still get here pretty quickly. Hear Meredith and Charleston are impossible to get into. Yukon/Castleton seems to be taking a lot of people.

It is pretty high seniority, but u can still get here pretty quickly. Hear Meredith and Charleston are impossible to get into. Yukon/Castleton seems to be taking a lot of people.

But aren't we all going to be locked with TWU which is NOT presenting SI?

Archived