Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Any lurkers or active users going into the class on Monday? 4 days away im a little anxious.
I actually went to Ferarri driving school, and took 2 hours worth of lessons. They were in a school bus so its slightly different from the city bus, but it wasnt anything outrageous. Theyre just big, and you have to account for their size. I navigated 1/2 of the bronx, making turns, and reversing the bus. 

Also conducted the airbrake test. ALSAPS, atleast 10 times. Its really basic and straight forward. The 2 hrs did let me get a feel for what the air brakes felt like, and man do they labor your right leg!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any lurkers or active users going into the class on Monday? 4 days away im a little anxious.

I actually went to Ferarri driving school, and took 2 hours worth of lessons. They were in a school bus so its slightly different from the city bus, but it wasnt anything outrageous. Theyre just big, and you have to account for their size. I navigated 1/2 of the bronx, making turns, and reversing the bus. 

Also conducted the airbrake test. ALSAPS, atleast 10 times. Its really basic and straight forward. The 2 hrs did let me get a feel for what the air brakes felt like, and man do they labor your right leg!

on two if you don't mind me asking what was your list number for exam 2613?

never mind I just saw your last post... By any chance when you went for the final processing do you know the latest number that they appointed for bus operator?

never mind I just saw your last post... By any chance when you went for the final processing do you know the latest number that they appointed for bus operator?

lol yes im 449, like i stated before i was called months ago but didnt finish up my cdl permit, then got removed from the list a whole mess. But there was someone that got Q in the medica wl me and his list was in the 1500's.

Got phone call today to report on Friday the 26th at 730 am with my 21 page packet complete.. What happens after this ?

medical as of hearing, eye test, EKG and if everything goes well you should get a start date right there and then and where to report... Question out of curiosity what is your list number?

18xx , and when do I get finger printed, ID card and sworn in ?

The next class is oct 6th , do you think they will give me a 5 day notice like that so short , or I will prob be in the next one ?

If u pass the medical you will do all those things the same day and u will be in the oct 6th class.

Ok I was not sure if she said to bring one or not lol ... Any other information I should know about that will help me out ?

Just be 100% honest with them...if you do have a medical condition, like I had, best bet between now and Friday is to get a note from your doctor stating that it is under control so you won't be on medical hold like I was.

quick update, I PASSED MY DMV ROAD ON 9/19. I graduate on 10/8.

Congrats! Best of luck to you!!

Can somebody tell me what the difference is if you start the training when you already have your CDL license compared to if you only have your CDL permit

In addition, from what I experienced and went through, it is a lot less pressure as well...

Got phone call today to report on Friday the 26th at 730 am with my 21 page packet complete.. What happens after this ?

Once you turn in your packet, you will be sent to the drug testing lab in house. They will take your urine and tell you theyll contact you in 3-90 days. it takes 3 days for your results to come back. I heard back on the 3rd day exactly telling me i passed the drg test and needed to report for medical. Once you report for medical if you get cleared you're hired. So after the 26th things can move really quickly.

Oh ok. I go in on the 24th to start my hiring process.

Good luck. My superintendent said theyre moving a class every 2 weeks. So you guys should be comming in shortly.

Day 2 of my training complete. So far so good!

In addition, from what I experienced and went through, it is a lot less pressure as well...

Definitely. If i could do it all over i would deny the position if i didnt have my CDL, and reinstate your # once you have your class b license.

It sucks having to qualify twice. Once wl the MTA and once wl DMV.

You can perfect everything and qualify Day 7, drive for 2 weeks and make a small mistake that fails your road test and its all over.....

Once you turn in your packet, you will be sent to the drug testing lab in house. They will take your urine and tell you theyll contact you in 3-90 days. it takes 3 days for your results to come back. I heard back on the 3rd day exactly telling me i passed the drg test and needed to report for medical. Once you report for medical if you get cleared you're hired. So after the 26th things can move really quickly.

When I initially went in November of 2013, I was told that they will contact you between 2 and 90 days.

As far as the # of days for the results to come back...I think it's two and I'll explain why:

When I finally got my medical hold taken care of, I had to take a third drug test, since I took the second one greater than 30 days ago. This took place on January 21st, 2014 (Tuesday). That Thursday, January 23rd, I got another phone call to come in for final processing on Friday, January 24th. At final processing, I was told that a class was going in on January 27th, so I had to wait for the next class starting on 2/10/14. If I had gotten this all taken care of a few days sooner, perhaps I wouldn't have gotten Supt. **** out of the **** Depot. If this was the case, then maybe I would have passed and not gotten a "U" each and every day, including on Days 7, 9 and 10.

**** = For those of you who've been reading this topic since it first started, you know what goes in these spaces. If not, go back to the posts on 2/10/2014 (hint: they start on page 280). I posted my status several times from 2/10/14 to 2/24/14, when I got the "U" on Day 10 and got let go.

On another note, when I was at Zerega on Day Zero, it was nice to see a few other faces from this site, including another member who I actually helped out (don't remember how, but I did and I got a very nice handshake as a result). Looking back, at least that put a smile on my face.

Archived