Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Unbelievable. Today while double parked in front of my house waiting for my mother to come downstairs, a police officer pulls behind me, lights me up. and ask me for my license, then comes back with an obstructing traffic summons because i was double parked. WHAT THE HELL! I told the officer was it hard for him to just ask me to move my car? Im simply in the car waiting for someone to come out.

Now i have a summons, and a court date. Is this going to get me removed from training now after i notify my superintendent? Were supposed to report all tickets and summons. i cant believe this happened. I told the cop after i recieved the summons would it affect my job. that i work for transit and they replied, "shoud have told me sooner". Well i had no clue i was going to be summoned for being in my car double parked.

what do i do?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable. Today while double parked in front of my house waiting for my mother to come downstairs, a police officer pulls behind me, lights me up. and ask me for my license, then comes back with an obstructing traffic summons because i was double parked. WHAT THE HELL! I told the officer was it hard for him to just ask me to move my car? Im simply in the car waiting for someone to come out.

Now i have a summons, and a court date. Is this going to get me removed from training now after i notify my superintendent? Were supposed to report all tickets and summons. i cant believe this happened. I told the cop after i recieved the summons would it affect my job. that i work for transit and they replied, "shoud have told me sooner". Well i had no clue i was going to be summoned for being in my car double parked.

what do i do?

First, when you see your Superintendent tomorrow, tell him/her immediately. Now, this is only a traffic summons - it is not like you got into an accident in which you have to wait another 3+ years to go through training. If I was you, tell the Superintendent that you plan on paying it ASAP, instead of going to court in an effort to get this settled ASAP. If and when you do pay this, make sure you provide copies of everything to NYC Transit and/or your Superintendent - the copy of the traffic summons, the copy of your personal check made payable to "NYC Department of Finance" (or whoever) and a copy of the cashed check after it goes through.

Again, see what your Superintendent says. Be thankful that it's only this and not an accident.

First, when you see your Superintendent tomorrow, tell him/her immediately. Now, this is only a traffic summons - it is not like you got into an accident in which you have to wait another 3+ years to go through training. If I was you, tell the Superintendent that you plan on paying it ASAP, instead of going to court in an effort to get this settled ASAP. If and when you do pay this, make sure you provide copies of everything to NYC Transit and/or your Superintendent - the copy of the traffic summons, the copy of your personal check made payable to "NYC Department of Finance" (or whoever) and a copy of the cashed check after it goes through.

Again, see what your Superintendent says. Be thankful that it's only this and not an accident.

There lies the issue. A double parked traffic ticket would have been better. because they need to meet their quota they have me a C Summons. (pink), and made it a criminal offense. Similar to loud music in your car, loud muffler on your car, public urination etc. 

So no its not a moving violation, i'm not facing any points on my license as this isnt a traffic offense. I cant plead guilt via the summons it says i have to appear in court 11/24. Im sure they would be upset if i was pending points due to the summons, so thank god its not point related or anything of the sort, but now i will need 11/24 off. Truthfully i much rather see the judge and explained i was in my car waiting for a relative. If i was obstructing the flow of traffic i certainly would have been double parked this is a big street, traffic wasnt heavy, everyone flowing so it wasnt as if i was holding up the city.

I do plan on notifying my superintendent immidiately tomorrow morning, i just hope this isnt something that they will make me regisng until its taken care of and then come back and begin training with another class.

There lies the issue. A double parked traffic ticket would have been better. because they need to meet their quota they have me a C Summons. (pink), and made it a criminal offense. Similar to loud music in your car, loud muffler on your car, public urination etc. 

So no its not a moving violation, i'm not facing any points on my license as this isnt a traffic offense. I cant plead guilt via the summons it says i have to appear in court 11/24. Im sure they would be upset if i was pending points due to the summons, so thank god its not point related or anything of the sort, but now i will need 11/24 off. Truthfully i much rather see the judge and explained i was in my car waiting for a relative. If i was obstructing the flow of traffic i certainly would have been double parked this is a big street, traffic wasnt heavy, everyone flowing so it wasnt as if i was holding up the city.

I do plan on notifying my superintendent immidiately tomorrow morning, i just hope this isnt something that they will make me regisng until its taken care of and then come back and begin training with another class.

what a mess up situation

Today while double parked in front of my house waiting for my mother to come downstairs, a police officer pulls behind me, lights me up. and ask me for my license, then comes back with an obstructing traffic summons because i was double parked. WHAT THE HELL! I told the officer was it hard for him to just ask me to move my car? Im simply in the car waiting for someone to come out.

Now i have a summons, and a court date. Is this going to get me removed from training now after i notify my superintendent? Were supposed to report all tickets and summons. i cant believe this happened. I told the cop after i recieved the summons would it affect my job. that i work for transit and they replied, "shoud have told me sooner". Well i had no clue i was going to be summoned for being in my car double

Dude, don't sweat it. We all get tickets, yes even us TA workers. You're not gonna get removed from training. Just let them know what happened and fill out the proper paperwork. You're not convicted of anything as of of yet so how could they (TA) do anything to you if you haven't been found guilty. Fight that ticket, it will be dropped once the judge see's who your employer is (one of the perks). You'll be fine and consintrate on qualifying on day 7.. Good luck, hope to see you out there. And next time let PD know you work for the city sooner. Be safe!

Today while double parked in front of my house waiting for my mother to come downstairs, a police officer pulls behind me, lights me up. and ask me for my license, then comes back with an obstructing traffic summons because i was double parked. WHAT THE HELL! I told the officer was it hard for him to just ask me to move my car? Im simply in the car waiting for someone to come out.

Now i have a summons, and a court date. Is this going to get me removed from training now after i notify my superintendent? Were supposed to report all tickets and summons. i cant believe this happened. I told the cop after i recieved the summons would it affect my job. that i work for transit and they replied, "shoud have told me sooner". Well i had no clue i was going to be summoned for being in my car double

Dude, don't sweat it. We all get tickets, yes even us TA workers. You're not gonna get removed from training. Just let them know what happened and fill out the proper paperwork. You're not convicted of anything as of of yet so how could they (TA) do anything to you if you haven't been found guilty. Fight that ticket, it will be dropped once the judge see's who your employer is (one of the perks). You'll be fine and consintrate on qualifying on day 7.. Good luck, hope to see you out there. And next time let PD know you work for the city sooner. Be safe!

Thanks guys. I notified my supt. who notified her superior. Her Superior said "unbelievable, that quota" and it was a relief. Both said they werent surprised that the officer wouldnt let me move, its the end of the month.

My superintendent made copies, and faxed it over to zerega, and said all was okay dont sweat it. Next time for me to carry my ID, and to NEVER hand over my license without stating i work for NYCT, and apoligize for wle etc.

On a good note, today was day 5. Ive gotten this far with NOT ONE "U". All "S"s. Today we did the east side, little traffic. tomorrow were heading into union square. She told me drive the way i did today and ill be fine. Tomorrow is day 6. IM FOCUSED!

Thanks guys. I notified my supt. who notified her superior. Her Superior said "unbelievable, that quota" and it was a relief. Both said they werent surprised that the officer wouldnt let me move, its the end of the month.

My superintendent made copies, and faxed it over to zerega, and said all was okay dont sweat it. Next time for me to carry my ID, and to NEVER hand over my license without stating i work for NYCT, and apoligize for wle etc.

On a good note, today was day 5. Ive gotten this far with NOT ONE "U". All "S"s. Today we did the east side, little traffic. tomorrow were heading into union square. She told me drive the way i did today and ill be fine. Tomorrow is day 6. IM FOCUSED!

That's good to hear. How old are u?

22, im like the baby of my entire class

oh ok. U set. Most ppl your age not going to b making that kind of money.

Got my letter today for my second drug text have to report next Tuesday and if every thing goes well and smooth next class is oct 6th. List number 18xx

This was the letter to take your 1st drug test since you wasn't able to go to 180 Livingston on July 7th?

oh ok. U set. Most ppl your age not going to b making that kind of money.

This was the letter to take your 1st drug test since you wasn't able to go to 180 Livingston on July 7th?

Nope, not even so much the money, but the benefits, pension, 401 etc.

Today was day 6. Union Square. HEAVY TRAFFIC. it was outta control down there.

But i made it though, she said i did excellent. No negative marks or U's on my form.

She also told me theres no reason why i shouldnt qualify tomorrow, day 7. So im going to get a good

nights rest, and control my anxiety for tomorrow

Nope, not even so much the money, but the benefits, pension, 401 etc.

But i made it though, she said i did excellent. No negative marks or U's on my form.

She also told me theres no reason why i shouldnt qualify tomorrow, day 7. So im going to get a good

Downtown Manhattan is the hardest...Day 7 is in the Bronx. If you got through today, you'll do fine.

Who's your superintendent?

Downtown Manhattan is the hardest...Day 7 is in the Bronx. If you got through today, you'll do fine.

Yeap, day 6 is the hardest, and a mistake on day 6 can get you pushed back to day 9. I made it through day 6 gratefully.

Who's your superintendent?

Sanders, Shes awesome. Strict. She's not there to play games, she knows her stuff.

Today was day 7 and i qualified !!. 2 out of 4 of us qualified today. other 2 are going to day 9 but im sure they will make it on day 9.

Today was the most simple day, once you navigate through union square, when you come back to a deserted area, its a relief lol.

Tomorrow i begin RTS training. Leaving LGA, now ill be training out of Jamaica for a few days.

Anyone else in the oct 22nd hire? i cant be the only one of 53 people.

Congrats!

Yeap, day 6 is the hardest, and a mistake on day 6 can get you pushed back to day 9. I made it through day 6 gratefully.

Sanders, Shes awesome. Strict. She's not there to play games, she knows her stuff.

Today was day 7 and i qualified !!. 2 out of 4 of us qualified today. other 2 are going to day 9 but im sure they will make it on day 9.

Today was the most simple day, once you navigate through union square, when you come back to a deserted area, its a relief lol.

Tomorrow i begin RTS training. Leaving LGA, now ill be training out of Jamaica for a few days.

Anyone else in the oct 22nd hire? i cant be the only one of 53 people.

Yes, I agree, it is a relief.

For Day 8 (for those who didn't qualify on Day 7), you will be taking a very similar route in the Bronx.

Day 9 will be in Uptown Manhattan. When I did this back in February, we started at the 126th Street Depot, made our way to Lexington Avenue, made a left on 86th Street and then went back Uptown, either on 1st, 2nd or 3rd Avenue (don't recall).

Day 10 will be with 2 Superintendents, in the Bronx (highway driving and bus stops).

Personally, Day 9 was much easier than Day 10.

Congrats!

thanks brother! all i have next is my dmv road test, which she said wouldnt been soon. maybe 2 weeks. but she said ill be completely fine.

Yes, I agree, it is a relief.

For Day 8 (for those who didn't qualify on Day 7), you will be taking a very similar route in the Bronx.

Day 9 will be in Uptown Manhattan. When I did this back in February, we started at the 126th Street Depot, made our way to Lexington Avenue, made a left on 86th Street and then went back Uptown, either on 1st, 2nd or 3rd Avenue (don't recall).

Day 10 will be with 2 Superintendents, in the Bronx (highway driving and bus stops).

Personally, Day 9 was much easier than Day 10.

Oh yea! i can imagine i rather be judged by one than 2. It sucks not making it on day 7, i wish my group made it, but unfortunately,  2 couldnt. i hope they make it day 9.

thanks brother! all i have next is my dmv road test, which she said wouldnt been soon. maybe 2 weeks. but she said ill be completely fine.

Oh yea! i can imagine i rather be judged by one than 2. It sucks not making it on day 7, i wish my group made it, but unfortunately,  2 couldnt. i hope they make it day 9.

Welcome. Do you know what was the error the other two in your group did for not qualifying on day 7? 

Welcome. Do you know what was the error the other two in your group did for not qualifying on day 7? 

Day 6 is crucial, both made small errors yesterday. One guy touched the curb on 14st. Another guy came too far out in a turn and couldnt complete it, had to back up. Messing up day 6 almost gaurantees you not qualifying day 7. Today, one of them parallel parked, but like 3 feet from the curb. So i think it was a combination of those 2 small errors that pushed them another day.

My advice, SLOW and STEADY. yes the speed limit is 30-40. But transit rather you drive 15-20 safely. Its not a race. The slower you drive, the easier it is to react to people, cars, and turn the bus. That was my strategy day 5 in harlem, with low to moderate traffic, and then moderate to crazy traffic in union square. Slow and steady. And a lot of setting yourself up for turns. Do you have your CDL already?

Day 6 is crucial, both made small errors yesterday. One guy touched the curb on 14st. Another guy came too far out in a turn and couldnt complete it, had to back up. Messing up day 6 almost gaurantees you not qualifying day 7. Today, one of them parallel parked, but like 3 feet from the curb. So i think it was a combination of those 2 small errors that pushed them another day.

My advice, SLOW and STEADY. yes the speed limit is 30-40. But transit rather you drive 15-20 safely. Its not a race. The slower you drive, the easier it is to react to people, cars, and turn the bus. That was my strategy day 5 in harlem, with low to moderate traffic, and then moderate to crazy traffic in union square. Slow and steady. And a lot of setting yourself up for turns. Do you have your CDL already?

Good work! That's the entire mind set. Slow and Steady you are guaranteed full control on the road. I know how 14st is with heavy traffic and people crossing the street while the bus is in motion,or Bikes trying to cut in front of you. I use to ride on my pops bus when he was doing the M14 and I drive there sometimes in my car to head from West side to the East side. Hopefully the other two makes it on day 9. Yes I recently got my CDL during the summer. 

Archived