Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

My superintendent never chocked the wheel and showed us any suspension components. I know them from a lesson i took in a school bus, but she never mentioned to us checking those things. Not sure if theyre required to be checked on a transit bus.

and yes, we've driven over the draw bridge during day 1-7. "Approaching draw bridge, No weight restriction signs, My bus weights 42,540 (Hybrid). Im going to proceed over with caution. Is how we learned to approach it. and Yes i didnt do a RR senario but wonder is dmv makes shitup

If the DMV examiner asks you about the suspension components - you mention it, that's all. If the DMV examiner doesn't mention it - don't worry about it. There is also a good chance that if you're instructor didn't mention anything about a RR crossing - DMV won't make you do it.

Keep in mind also that the passing grade for the road test is 50 (yes, fifty) points. The examiner's main concern is how you drive on the streets. Refer to the last page of http://dmv.ny.gov/brochure/cdl10sec11-13.pdf for the evaluation form.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the DMV examiner asks you about the suspension components - you mention it, that's all. If the DMV examiner doesn't mention it - don't worry about it. There is also a good chance that if you're instructor didn't mention anything about a RR crossing - DMV won't make you do it.

Keep in mind also that the passing grade for the road test is 50 (yes, fifty) points. The examiner's main concern is how you drive on the streets. Refer to the last page of http://dmv.ny.gov/brochure/cdl10sec11-13.pdf for the evaluation form.

Hope this helps.

Thanks young, thats what i was looking for. and it says suspension and brake check, but we were never instructed to check those or i theyre even checkable on a city bus through the wheel well. Ill have to ask all my last minute questions to a superintendent before my RT.

Does anyone remember the route they took?

Spoke to someone who did the road test wl dmv, he said the RT we do wl the transit bus is very different from a school bus or truck exam. We dont have to shut anything off, we dont have to check the suspension components. exactly what transit shows us is what we have to do.

I'm just happy I started the process with transit... Hopefully by the end of the year or beginning of the year I will be on. Anybody in this forum know if they have training classes during the months of December and January?

I'm just happy I started the process with transit... Hopefully by the end of the year or beginning of the year I will be on. Anybody in this forum know if they have training classes during the months of December and January?

Yes.

Yo onTwos how many ppl didn't make it in your training class?

Today was day 10! Tomorrow the 9.22.14 Class reports to Zerega.

Amazingly. 47 of 53 Made it. Best of Luck to all those who are in the

10.6.14 class and the up comming 10.22.14 class

This was a good class. Only 6 ppl didn't make it.

Today was day 10! Tomorrow the 9.22.14 Class reports to Zerega.

Amazingly. 47 of 53 Made it. Best of Luck to all those who are in the

10.6.14 class and the up comming 10.22.14 class

What depot did you pick today? I know u had first pick with the list number you have.

What depot did you pick today? I know u had first pick with the list number you have.

Dre we didnt pick today. Met a bunch of people, 401k people, medical, union reps, HR etc. And measured for uniform

We were also given our seniority within the group. So tomorrow morning we report to pick depots. Lets see how it goes.

ALSO!!! New news thats not so good. Transit is doing a small Freeze. We got word that the 10.22 class is going to be the last class this year. Apparently, depots are over crowded and theres almost no place for most of us to go. Supposenly we may not be able to dip into Staten Island or Queens 2morrow because of no space.

Ill keep everyone updated. But word was no more hiring after 10.22 until 2015

Dre we didnt pick today. Met a bunch of people, 401k people, medical, union reps, HR etc. And measured for uniform

We were also given our seniority within the group. You would think i have first pick lol . i was blown away theyre are 7 people ahead of me. a 100s, 200's and 5 people from OLD exams from a few years ago. Im list # 449 on 2613 and im #8 in this group just to show lol. IM praying i go where i want to go tomorrow.

ALSO!!! New news thats not so good. Transit is doing a small Freeze. We got word that the 10.22 class is going to be the last class this year. Apparently, depots are over crowded and theres almost no place for most of us to go. Supposenly we may not be able to dip into Staten Island or Queens 2morrow because of no space.

We were also given our seniority within the group. You would think i have first pick lol . i was blown away theyre are 7 people ahead of me. a 100s, 200's and 5 people from OLD exams from a few years ago. Im list # 449 on 2613 and im #8 in this group just to show lol. IM praying i go where i want to go tomorrow.

I figured That would happen since 126 Depot is closing down temporary. I hear everyone in that depot have to pick different depots to work while 126 is closed temporary.  That sucks for the hiring process now.

Damn it's ppl off the old exam in your class? That's crazy.

Guess I won't be called b4 the year is over since it's gonna to be a hiring freeze. ????????????

We were also given our seniority within the group. So tomorrow morning we report to pick depots. Lets see how it goes.

Over crowded? It does not make any sence. Everyone from 126 would still have to cover their runs.

I have a relative that was called for the secound drug and alcohol. He is now wsiting to be called for the medical. He is hoping to make it for the 10/22 class. His list number is 185x something. Has any one her bern called for the medical with a higher list number?

I have a relative that was called for the secound drug and alcohol. He is now wsiting to be called for the medical. He is hoping to make it for the 10/22 class. His list number is 184x something. Has any one here bein called for the medical with a higher list number?

Archived