Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

This month is line picks for Bus operator to select which lines and runs they will be working for the remaining of the year. I believe its  a General Pick which means Bus Operators that are current can pick a line out of another Depot and that's where you will be assign to. So Hopefully that's the only reason why they would do a temporary freeze. And I agree with 126 Depot may not be the main reasons.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over crowded? It does not make any sence. Everyone from 126 would still have to cover their runs.

That would be the case if they were were all going to pick into the other Manhattan depots but here's the issue with that. SOME of them are going to stay in Manhattan so that they can keep their runs but MOST of them are going to other depots (Brooklyn and Bronx) I already heard of 60 drivers that are going to the Gun Hill depot because they live in co op city. So now where does that leave their old runs? All of us probies and drivers with low seniority in our depots are most likely going to get bumped out and who knows, we may be thrown into Manhattan.

Question about training class at zerega for oct 20th

Is it Monday - Friday 7am -3pm everyday for 2 week or does it change ?

Its only going to be 7-3 for that first orientation day. The second day leading up to the day you finish your training, will be at an assigned depot, and the time varies. Some had 7-3's some had 8-5 9-6 10-7 etc.

Thats depressing news.

It is, and as far as 126 depot i have no idea. BUT AS EXPECTED, We werent able to dip into Staten Island or Queens. They arent excepting anyone right now. We were left with the Bx, Bklyn, and Manhattan. They were letting OA guys dip into Bklyn Depots.

And they still sticking to no more classes after the 10/20/14 group.

I was able to get my top pick, im at Kingsbridge, wl 5 others.

Funny when I called today and asked what list number are they up to they tell me 1611. But here people are saying they are in the 1800s??? And my family member is in the 1800s? What's up with that?

No idea, but i can tell you a few people in my hire are in the 1800's. They should be in the 1900's and 2000's by now. Maybe someone who is scheduled for the 10/20 class can share their number

1800's ..what's up ?

I'm 1500 and I had some issues come up, my depot didn't properly fill out my evaluation. So I was removed from the list, I'm back on now and everything is squared away. I should be in the 10/20 but I have to talk to someone about my seniorarity. I should of been in the 10/6 or before.

I'm number 21** and I just went in for the first part about 2 week's ago... They sent me home with a 21 page booklet telling me that I would get a call 2-90 day's... No call yet

Yeah me too. I went in on the 24th. What day did u go?

I'm 1500 and I had some issues come up, my depot didn't properly fill out my evaluation. So I was removed from the list, I'm back on now and everything is squared away. I should be in the 10/20 but I have to talk to someone about my seniorarity. I should of been in the 10/6 or before.

Are you a new operator? Or are you going for a reinstatement?

Yeap thats right, along with the pick tho is the whole situation with 126. They are closing for good and all the operators have to pick into other depots. TA operators going into OA depots and keeping their seniority. It might leave us fresh ones with no place to go. We may get bumped out of our depots. 

Yeap thats right, along with the pick tho is the whole situation with 126. They are closing for good and all the operators have to pick into other depots. TA operators going into OA depots and keeping their seniority. It might leave us fresh ones with no place to go. We may get bumped out of our depots. 

Yeah That sucks especially if you are a newbie. Getting comfortable and next thing you know they sending you some place else you had no intention going there.

Does anyone know if they will have a class for November?

I don't think so. @Ontwos mention that the last class will be 10/20 and they are doing a hiring freeze. In that case looks like it will be a waiting game again until All General Picks are final and whatever the situation is with 126 depot. 

I don't think so. @Ontwos mention that the last class will be 10/20 and they are doing a hiring freeze. In that case looks like it will be a waiting game again until All General Picks are final and whatever the situation is with 126 depot.

FML that stinks

From what we were told, no November classes. Most likely until the general pick is over and the 126 issue is settled.

On another note, today was my road test. i got the examiner known as the "Terminator". a real PRICK. However, i managed to pass with 2 slight errors. I was thankful to make it past him. I continue line training out of my depot and look forwards to graduation day!!

Archived