Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yooooooooooooooooo

Fuoco Whats good Dam you still be on here!!!   I was just passing thru and saw your comment. But whats going on How is everything?

Two weeks and probation over with son!!!!!!   When you pick I pick on the 2nd of Dec. Im trying to stay at quill if I dont get bumped but I checked the board the other day it was a lot of runs still open on the floater list.

126 a special place huh you must liked it there, now we getting the m60 and remember we downtown so after we report we have to make any releif at 106 and they giving us an hour and twenty mins to get uptown so those are gonna be like 10 hour runs. Im hearing a lot of drivers are following the 60 is that true? and where you trying to go BK or staying in manhattan.

Hey Dee,

Good to see your doing well. The year is almost over now. Keep up the good work. I haven't been on here in a bit. I want to say to all the new people  Good Luck and take your time.

Thanks RTS

I was at tuskegee today for the shoe truck and I spoke with the chairman of the union at that depot, I know some guy on here was worried about the hiring freeze he said they usually slow down with hiring at this time of year until everyone choose their depot and then start everything up again. So I think they will start classes again sometime in Jan. But this not always the case because last year my class started on Dec2 so I guess they needed more drivers then this year. But there is no freeze just a slow down for right now.

Yooooooooooooooooo

Fuoco Whats good Dam you still be on here!!!   I was just passing thru and saw your comment. But whats going on How is everything?

Two weeks and probation over with son!!!!!!   When you pick I pick on the 2nd of Dec. Im trying to stay at quill if I dont get bumped but I checked the board the other day it was a lot of runs still open on the floater list.

126 a special place huh you must liked it there, now we getting the m60 and remember we downtown so after we report we have to make any releif at 106 and they giving us an hour and twenty mins to get uptown so those are gonna be like 10 hour runs. Im hearing a lot of drivers are following the 60 is that true? and where you trying to go BK or staying in manhattan.

Haha whats up Dee I still check in to see how fast my senioritys goin up - I put an AVA for the 2nd I got 11 working days left. Thats good u didn't get extended man its crazy out there.

The 60 is SBS its gotta be sweet now, 125 gets congested but queens is a breeze. I transfered out after line training that bridge toll was too much, I'm in the country club now haha. The senior guys are gonna transfer with the lines, so you gonna have around 200 drivers following the 15, 60, and the two SBS.

You guys lucked out that MV can't take artics lol

Good luck dude be safe maybe I'll see u on the m34 when i'm on the q32.

Haha whats up Dee I still check in to see how fast my senioritys goin up - I put an AVA for the 2nd I got 11 working days left. Thats good u didn't get extended man its crazy out there.

The 60 is SBS its gotta be sweet now, 125 gets congested but queens is a breeze. I transfered out after line training that bridge toll was too much, I'm in the country club now haha. The senior guys are gonna transfer with the lines, so you gonna have around 200 drivers following the 15, 60, and the two SBS.

You guys lucked out that MV can't take artics lol

Good luck dude be safe maybe I'll see u on the m34 when i'm on the q32.

Good to hear from you so you stuck out there in queens now!!!!

Actually we got the 60, the regular 15 is going to tuskegee and the sbs15 is going to mother clara along with the M1 M7 and M35

But I know all about 125th remember I did line training in tuskegee so the 101 go thru there.

And Im going to be looking for you know because I do the M20 and I might see you at 34th and 7th ave where those two lines meet up.

Appreciate the update @Dee77 ... Thanks

No doudt  you welcome Im going to be checking this site more than I used to for any one who has questions or need any help with anything.

For all you guys almost ending probation any tips you guys can share and what has the probation experience been like? Also what kind of hours you guys have been working

Well I'm done in January, so it's been a long year but it went fast. All I can say is basically just drive carefully and take it slow, which is what you have to do. Now it was always assumed that if you get into an accident you will have an automatic extension, not true. It depends on the severity of the accident. If it's a minor accident and wasn't your fault, usually no extension. But make sure you don't get into an accident, you never know. I know an operator who got into an accident during his 6 week line training! Not sure whats gonna happen to him. And definitely do not cross a red light camera, that is an automatic 6 month extension. Crossing two during probation is termination.

So basically it's about taking it slow, being careful, looking into those mirrors every 5 seconds, because those mirrors save your ass. if you are late, you are late, never rush. And definitely don't Rush when you are deadheading back to the depot.

That's awesome I have two more weeks of line training left i am coming out of west farms now. But I live in Staten Island so the commut is killing me I am hoping the pick on dec 5 pushes me to Brooklyn or maybe even give me a chance to pick on my Own lol ... What depot are you at ?

Well I'm done in January, so it's been a long year but it went fast. All I can say is basically just drive carefully and take it slow, which is what you have to do. Now it was always assumed that if you get into an accident you will have an automatic extension, not true. It depends on the severity of the accident. If it's a minor accident and wasn't your fault, usually no extension. But make sure you don't get into an accident, you never know. I know an operator who got into an accident during his 6 week line training! Not sure whats gonna happen to him. And definitely do not cross a red light camera, that is an automatic 6 month extension. Crossing two during probation is termination.

So basically it's about taking it slow, being careful, looking into those mirrors every 5 seconds, because those mirrors save your ass. if you are late, you are late, never rush. And definitely don't Rush when you are deadheading back to the depot.

For all you guys almost ending probation any tips you guys can share and what has the probation experience been like? Also what kind of hours you guys have been working

Just do as you are taught and you will be fine. I have a month left on probation. I'm on SI so it moves faster. Fall pick I had a choice of whatever time slot I wanted whether it was AM , early PM late PM or overnight. I went with 1pm to 9pm misc run with Tues Wedns off. That is what I wanted. So I have all the eves off. I could of had Thurs Fri off but the work load was heavier. I do basically shit on my run...my weekends are a little heavy. For the next pick I'm gonna try AMs.

U get extended for camera tix right away...accidents u dont. I met a guy who came on a little earlier then me and he had a handful of accidents..some his fault and some not..not extended til 4th one.

That's awesome I have two more weeks of line training left i am coming out of west farms now. But I live in Staten Island so the commut is killing me I am hoping the pick on dec 5 pushes me to Brooklyn or maybe even give me a chance to pick on my Own lol ... What depot are you at ?

U driving in or are taking PT?

So even though we are in a 'hiring freeze', even though it is NOT official...I called DCAS the other day just for curiosity and the numbers have been updated as far as the hiring status. Therefore, out of the 3,617 eligible candidates...

...the list number of the last candidate appointed is 1896.

...the list number of the last certified is 2590

Which means that they are up to 1896 (or somewhere around there) with the second drug test (since this temporary freeze has been in effect for about a month) and as far as sending candidates up to Zerega for training, they are up to # 2590.

Now depending on this 'freeze' depends on how many classes have been conducted within the past month. If there were none, then the HR Department is probably filling up those classes starting in January of 2015.

Happy Holidays everyone!! 

Hey guys I finish line training on Tuesday and graduate on wens day , they just put in another class but it was small only 23 or so ...just to give everyone an update ... Feel free to ask any questions...

Small Class.....I was wondering why they're was two training bus on 34th and Madison in Manhattan past Tuesday.

Small Class.....I was wondering why they're was two training bus on 34th and Madison in Manhattan past Tuesday.

Thank you for the update! Now it makes sense as far as why the numbers for DCAS changed, even during this 'hiring freeze'...

Hey youngnyc if you had to guess when will 4600 list get established in terms of what month of 2015

Well, if recap what happened so far:

The B/O 2613 list was established in late October of 2013. Beginning in November of 2013, the HR Dept. started to call candidates for employment processing, which included the first drug test, second (if necessary), medical and final processing before getting sent to Zerega Avenue for training.

Therefore, I personally think it is safe to say that it has taken them a good calendar year to go through half of the names on the 2613 list from November of 2013 to November of 2014, since they were up to #1896 for the last candidate appointed back on November 28th, 2014. Therefore, once the general pick is finished and this temporary 'hiring freeze' is lifted, hopefully by early January, the HR Department will probably need another calendar year to finish the 2613 list.

Therefore, if the 2613 list is finished by late November/ December. of 2015, my educated guess is that the 4600 list will be published between late August to early November of 2015.

Now, if there is another temporary 'hiring freeze' for whatever reason, then this may delay the 4600 list being published.

Now, if a lot of people on the second half of the 2613 list either change their mind, fail the drug test, etc. then the 4600 list will be published sooner.

Get my point? If not, questions are welcome, either via PM or on this thread.

Archived