Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So even though we are in a 'hiring freeze', even though it is NOT official...I called DCAS the other day just for curiosity and the numbers have been updated as far as the hiring status. Therefore, out of the 3,617 eligible candidates...

...the list number of the last candidate appointed is 1896.

...the list number of the last certified is 2590

Which means that they are up to 1896 (or somewhere around there) with the second drug test (since this temporary freeze has been in effect for about a month) and as far as sending candidates up to Zerega for training, they are up to # 2590.

Now depending on this 'freeze' depends on how many classes have been conducted within the past month. If there were none, then the HR Department is probably filling up those classes starting in January of 2015.

Happy Holidays everyone!! 

Wow. That's quite a spread!! Thanks Young for the update!

Hopefully that 4600 list will come out soon! Though even with one wrong, it could still be a while.

Congratulations to all who are completing their probation status. :)

And please keep the updates coming!

Wow. That's quite a spread!! Thanks Young for the update!

You're welcome!

When HR says there has been 2590 certified does that mean that they have at least sent the pre employemnt package to those candidates???????

First, let me clarify that this information is coming from DCAS (Dept. of Citywide Administrative Services), not the HR Dept. of NYC Transit. Second, "there has been 2590 certified" means that out of the last group of candidates sent for the latest class, the highest list number was 2590. Similarly, "the list number of the last candidate appointed" means that out of the latest group of people called for either the first or second drug test, the highest list number was 1896.

Please keep in mind that this is coming from a secondary source, so this should give all of us an 'idea' as far as how fast or slow the list is moving. This is normally updated during the evening of the first Sunday of every month.

Im still a little confused but thanks for the help anyways. Also youngnyc do you know if the manta clara depot (w/e is called) is going to be a TA depot or an OA depot???

I honestly don't know, sorry. Why are you still confused?

Oh ok. So when did they call u in to take another drug test since u going in for medical on Monday?

This past Monday was when I took the drug test. Then got a call from them on Thursday to come in for my medical on this upcoming Monday.

This past Monday was when I took the drug test. Then got a call from them on Thursday to come in for my medical on this upcoming Monday.

Oh ok. That's good to hear cuz I told my first drug test on 9/24 so that mean I should b getting a soon too.

Is there a chance it turns into a TA depot since its basically taking all if not most of the 126ths street depot routes which is a TA depot?????

I doubt that. According to another thread I have been following regarding Mother Clara Depot Re-grand opening, looks like that depot use to belong to The Bronx Division when it was first operating before the remodeling. Looks like now it will be part of the Manhattan Division instead of the Bronx. Theres a Thread about that depot that you can follow and get a lot of updates regarding M.C.Depot.

I read in that thread that its a TA depot and youngnyc says its a OA depot so idk who to believe right know

Follow this thread

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/45802-mc-hale-depot-discussion/page-14

Highly doubt it since its an original OA. Changing a division fleet agency title is not that easy when Unions are involved. And it wouldn't make no difference since both OA and TA manage the same beside one is civil service and the other is not.

Most likely its true, the reason i ask is because i took test 4600 and i live in the bronx and would like to work somewhat close to home since all TA depots are in queens brooklyn and SI. The 126 st depot was the only TA depot in manhattan or the bronx thats why im so curious. I lived in the bronx my whole life and i dont know people outside of the bronx/manhattan boroughs

Most likely its true, the reason i ask is because i took test 4600 and i live in the bronx and would like to work somewhat close to home since all TA depots are in queens brooklyn and SI. The 126 st depot was the only TA depot in manhattan or the bronx thats why im so curious. I lived in the bronx my whole life and i dont know people outside of the bronx/manhattan boroughs

If I was you, this is one of the last things I would be worrying about. First worry about getting through the background check @ 180 Livingston, followed by the drug test, then the medical, followed by the 10-day training, etc.

Im aware of all that youngnyc. The 10 day training IMO is the only somewhat hard step but knowing myself ill do anything and everything it takes to pass it (including going in with the right attitude), especially since i been reading these forums for about a year know and getting great tips from people like yourself(i also have great driving instincs). Im not worried about background check, drug test or medical. Only thing that worries me a little is keeping my license clean for the next 1-2 years because i drive every day in manhattan and its easy to get into an accident with those fu**ing yellow cabs or catch a few BS speeding tickets (like getting a ticket for doing a 31 on a 25 kind of crap). I know im looking ahead but its just a small concern i have thats all

Archived