Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

You're right, I'm on the 4600 list but thought it might be better to post it on the 2613 blog since this list is already in motion and people would have more input.  I used to work for OA out of the Amsterdam depot from 99-00 but resigned.  Just trying to refresh my memory.  Looks like things haven't changed with the city as far as moving at a glacial pace.

Actual this list has been moving very quick. List #s in the mid 2000s called within one year.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is all uneccesary.

Everyone don't worry about tax returns. You don't need it.

Most important thing is just having the 10 years lined up. Dates covering the full 10 year period. If you were unemployed, put that.

I agree 100%...If anything, you may need to refer to it in order to help you obtaining the 10 year period...otherwise, you do not need it.

Does anybody remember how many questions where even on the test

80 Questions were on the 2613 test...60 Questions were on the 4600 test (which was easier in my opinion).

I agree 100%...If anything, you may need to refer to it in order to help you obtaining the 10 year period...otherwise, you do not need it.

That's a relief on his/her part. I was influenced by the corporate world in which that information would be used not only to verify that you were self-employed, but to determine compensation. As such, my advise can be disregarded. 

Does anybody know what the mta considers a serious moving violation ?[/quote

All moving violations... Especially the ones with points.

Hey Guys!

As of Friday, I left MTA Bus, now I am starting TA. I gotta go through the process again. I don't have to do the 10 day again. I so happy and grateful that I am moving over.

Welcome aboard! I've noticed alot of guys from MTA bus coming over, is it that bad over there? What's the benefits like? Just curious if it's similar to ours. Good luck!

Okay well on the application they state you may be declined appointment for serious moving violations does anybody know what those serious moving violations are

DWI DUI's u have to wait 5 yrs. Any other moving violations it depends if it puts u over the points plateau. They wont hire u with 4+ pts...under that are fine.

I didn't know the accident record was 3 years I think its been 2 years and 3 months since my last accident will that automatically disqualify me ?

U will have to wait til it hits 3 years. Just see what they tell you whenever you are called in. Dont just assume and not show up.

for those who passed there training and is on the job as we speak, can you give us your insights on how you like the job so far? how hard was it to get your CDL thru mta?

I was hired of this test & completed my 1 year probation recently. I like the job, it is cool. Everyone is going to have a different opinion. Rookies love it or hate it. You have both. Some quit. Really depends where you start your career. You move up faster depending your depot/location. Some hired are still in party mode and don't want to work nights or weekends. 

I went into it with just my CDL permit. Had to pass MTA training and DMV road test. Personally, if I could do it all over. I would of obtained my CDL license prior to being called. Added pressure for no reason. I was line training for 2 weeks picking up passengers before I even had my DMV test and I'm thinking " wow I'm picking up people already but could fail this DMV road test & I'm done". Like I said, added pressure for no reason. If you pass mta training day 7 or 9 you get two shots at passing the dmv road test, but if you pass on day 10 , you only get one chance, pressure is really on then. 

any SI people get their transfer yet? I heard a class is coming very soon? 

congratz on finishing that 1 year probation, i believe that is the stressful part of being a B/O is that first year..anything can happen within that first year which sucks because you left your prior job to take a chance..thanks for your input..to obtain the CDL before getting hired is very expensive no?

I was hired of this test & completed my 1 year probation recently. I like the job, it is cool. Everyone is going to have a different opinion. Rookies love it or hate it. You have both. Some quit. Really depends where you start your career. You move up faster depending your depot/location. Some hired are still in party mode and don't want to work nights or weekends.

I went into it with just my CDL permit. Had to pass MTA training and DMV road test. Personally, if I could do it all over. I would of obtained my CDL license prior to being called. Added pressure for no reason. I was line training for 2 weeks picking up passengers before I even had my DMV test and I'm thinking " wow I'm picking up people already but could fail this DMV road test & I'm done". Like I said, added pressure for no reason. If you pass mta training day 7 or 9 you get two shots at passing the dmv road test, but if you pass on day 10 , you only get one chance, pressure is really on then.

any SI people get their transfer yet? I heard a class is coming very soon?

Are you doing/did any overtime in your 1st year. Also how easy/hard it was to do/avoid voluntary and involuntary overtime

congratz on finishing that 1 year probation, i believe that is the stressful part of being a B/O is that first year..anything can happen within that first year which sucks because you left your prior job to take a chance..thanks for your input..to obtain the CDL before getting hired is very expensive no?

yeah the first year you feel like anything can happen. I think it can be expensive. But I think there are grants via school you can check out or get training through a school bus company that trains you and lets you use their bus for the road test. 

Are you doing/did any overtime in your 1st year. Also how easy/hard it was to do/avoid voluntary and involuntary overtime

There is no forced overtime. You have overtime built into your runs. Usually whatever run you pick is a little over 40 hours, anything over 40 hours is OT. For example my first year my runs paid between 42-44 hours. In the beginning I was on the extra list, averaged 50-60 hours per week doing big runs , extra list is really good if you want $$$$, but you can be given something different all the time. I liked it, but I also like knowing what I'll be doing ahead of time.

I never worked any of my days off for overtime. Sometimes they come over the radio and ask if any operators want to do overtime - if your run was just ending you could call up and get the OT. I called up a few times and took the OT. That was the only OT I would do besides what was built into my run. 

Yeah I've been thinking about getting my Cdl first when you ask people online some say upwards of like 3000$ to obtain it . If anyone has a place or a roundabout estimate it would be greatly appreciated

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/trp/4896767850.html

there are some others on craigslist

Archived