Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

I don't think it goes that way. I think the MTA makes you take the BOSS first followed by the drug test and then employment processing. Keep in mind that the drug tests and the medical evaluations all cost $$, therefore why does the MTA want to waste their $$ on someone who failed the BOSS and/or the civil service start from the start?

the reason why i asked is cause i did drug test and application. But i got a call yesterday to report today to take the boss. I am trying to see if anyone was in that situation to see if they scored their boss exam right away or if they had to reinstate their list number again.

I did drug test in February but did not get in cause class filled up.

I then did drug test last week and was called this week to go take boss cause i haven't taken it. Seeing as if i had took it before and passed it i would have been going for medical :(

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it goes that way. I think the MTA makes you take the BOSS first followed by the drug test and then employment processing. Keep in mind that the drug tests and the medical evaluations all cost $$, therefore why does the MTA want to waste their $$ on someone who failed the BOSS and/or the civil service start from the start?

the reason why i asked is cause i did drug test and application. But i got a call yesterday to report today to take the boss. I am trying to see if anyone was in that situation to see if they scored their boss exam right away or if they had to reinstate their list number again.

I did drug test in February but did not get in cause class filled up.

I then did drug test last week and was called this week to go take boss cause i haven't taken it. Seeing as if i had took it before and passed it i would have been going for medical :(

did u ever take the BOSS exam?

they will probably have you take it and then send you to medical pretty quickly unless you somehow fail the boss exam. You should be fine. 

Where are they having you take it?  at 180 Livingston? If so, it will probably be quick. 

My list number is 29**. Hopefully I get called back soon cause they had my hopes up just to send me back home.

they will my number is 25** and i been working to get in since feburary so you will get called soon. Next class should be april 20 which is what i am processing for currently I am guessing your group is going to be called by the end of april or starting may.

Once again its my guess dont take my word for it just making a guess.

did u ever take the BOSS exam?

they will probably have you take it and then send you to medical pretty quickly unless you somehow fail the boss exam. You should be fine. 

Where are they having you take it?  at 180 Livingston? If so, it will probably be quick. 

yes i took boss today at 180 Livingston.

Hopefully i get called for medical in the coming days :)

I'm trying to understand why list#'s are being treated like SS #'s.. Does it make a different whole #or not??? Just curious!

Here's why the list #s are being treated like Social Security numbers....

1)To protect our identity on this site and from MTA personnel, who could be viewing these web pages as 'guests'. In addition, if you look at http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/thechiefleader.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/c1/ec18fc94-5d2b-11e4-a2c4-001a4bcf6878/544d1f94da9f7.pdf.pdf, if your list # is in between 2800 and 2809 (for the track worker list), it can easily be identified as 280* since not everyone on the list is a member on this site.

2) From my experience with B/O exam 2613, the HR Dept. usually calls groups of people down to 180 Livingston Street for the first employment processing step, in which the HR Dept. pulls up our abstracts to make sure there are no accidents within the past 3 years and to make sure we either have the CDL or the CDL permit followed by the drug test. Therefore, with some people failing the BOSS exam, not having a clean license, failing the drug and/or medical tests, the HR Dept. is able to eliminate some of the candidates.

Here's why the list #s are being treated like Social Security numbers....

1)To protect our identity on this site and from MTA personnel, who could be viewing these web pages as 'guests'. In addition, if you look at http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/thechiefleader.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/c1/ec18fc94-5d2b-11e4-a2c4-001a4bcf6878/544d1f94da9f7.pdf.pdf, if your list # is in between 2800 and 2809 (for the track worker list), it can easily be identified as 280* since not everyone on the list is a member on this site.

2) From my experience with B/O exam 2613, the HR Dept. usually calls groups of people down to 180 Livingston Street for the first employment processing step, in which the HR Dept. pulls up our abstracts to make sure there are no accidents within the past 3 years and to make sure we either have the CDL or the CDL permit followed by the drug test. Therefore, with some people failing the BOSS exam, not having a clean license, failing the drug and/or medical tests, the HR Dept. is able to eliminate some of the candidates.

Thank you Young NYCsubwayfan for explanning... I understand..One thing i love about this forum..

So I just called DCAS moments ago for an update, and, as of March 1st, 2015...

...the list number of the last certified is 2887 (This is probably the last candidate who was called for the first drug test.)

...the list number of the last appointed is 2684 (This is probably the last candidate who was sent to Zerega for training.)

Good luck to the remaining candidates!!

So I received a private message (PM) from another member asking me to call DCAS for an update for April. Unfortunately, there is no update and the status remains the same with the March update, which I quoted above.

Sorry folks...

So I received a private message (PM) from another member asking me to call DCAS for an update for April. Unfortunately, there is no update and the status remains the same with the March update, which I quoted above.

Sorry folks...

i say they will get called sometime next month or toward the end of this month

Any updates from those in the late 2800's,  2900's or 3000's and above? 

From my conversation with some of the newer folks, HR appears to follow-up with everyone on the list to see if they are interested or not, which is a good thing i suppose, so as I stated earlier, this of sorts, confirms my suspicions that they are catching up with the folks who reinstated.

Any updates from those in the late 2800's,  2900's or 3000's and above? 

From my conversation with some of the newer folks, HR appears to follow-up with everyone on the list to see if they are interested or not, which is a good thing i suppose, so as I stated earlier, this of sorts, confirms my suspicions that they are catching up with the folks who reinstated.

I'm 310* and nothing yet

hey guys, when does this list expires, i got called in last year but due to my dui i have to wait 5 years to be considered it was within my 4th year when i was called in..i just want to reinstate my name when i hit the 5th year which is in AUG 2015

'Technically' the list expires in October of 2017, since most civil service lists are good for four [4] years. However, since they are roughly 75% through the list (2700 candidates processed out of 3600), the list will probably expire sometime this year.

Quick question after your drug screening and between your waiting time of your 2 to 90 days if for some reason your weren't selected or disqualified  would the mta notify you of that or would you just not receive a call back between the waiting time

Quick question after your drug screening and between your waiting time of your 2 to 90 days if for some reason your weren't selected or disqualified  would the mta notify you of that or would you just not receive a call back between the waiting time

I think they make you reinstate your list number. I don't know for sure but i would think since this is a civil service exam that would be the outcome. Also just cause u did not get a call does not mean u are disqualified it just means they may not be hiring more people for this test at the moment.

remember 2613 does not expire till 2017

Were you called for a drug test? (I see you are in the 2700's based on previous posts). You'll have to wait it out.. The 2613 list is still active and we (followers to 2613 thread) don't have any indication that anyone past number 2700 had started process, other than a false alarm with someone in the 2900's. At the beginning of the list we had people taking multiple drug tests.

Things seem to have slowed down on 2613, OR, they are hiring from people who reinstated (those before 2700) <- my guess/observations only. There was a class on Monday 04/20 and the next class would be May 4, since they have one every two weeks, but no one has popped in here saying they are scheduled for the May 04 class yet.

Yes I was called about a month ago for my drug test.i was just asking because I saw some people post that they waited only 3 days to be called back.

Cool beans, and I do apologize as you did in fact mention this in your previous posts. Keep an eye on your telephone, hopefully you get into the May 04 class! 

Archived