Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

I was going to wait until Thursday, but on a related note to NYCGamer's quesion, is anyone scheduled for a May 4 class? This topic along with the OA/BC threads has been quiet for some time and I am a little worried hiring has slowed ...

Also good luck to anyone here in the April 20 class on their Day 7, if not best of luck for Day 9 or Day 10. :)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Bluejon87 for the reply. Lets see if yankees26 gets a call to start training, he is in the 2700's and the next training class should be Monday May 4.. 

Per YoungNYCSubwayfan, on Sunday evenings on the first of the month, DCAS usually updates their automated line with the list number that is last certified or such. However, in the beginning of April, the list did not move from March.

If anyone's reading this and are in a May 4 class, kindly let us know, we appreciate the feedback!

'Technically' the list expires in October of 2017, since most civil service lists are good for four [4] years. However, since they are roughly 75% through the list (2700 candidates processed out of 3600), the list will probably expire sometime this year.

i just got off the phone with dcas, the list does expire in oct 2017, my 5 years for the dui ends on august 2015..i will reinstate my name in sept,. or even longer because i am patiently waiting for th T/O position since there close to my list#

i just got off the phone with dcas, the list does expire in oct 2017, my 5 years for the dui ends on august 2015..i will reinstate my name in sept,. or even longer because i am patiently waiting for th T/O position since there close to my list#

While the list does expire in October 2017, again, keep in mind that they are less than 800-900 names from completion of this list of ~3600 candidates which began late October/November 2013. This does not count anyone who has reinstated themselves on the list.

Depending on hiring needs and candidates who are interested, eligible and complete training/road tests, this list may be completed within months; however, we can say almost with certainty prior to December 31, 2015. 

With that being said, continue to keep a close eye on this thread, should the list appear to conclude prior around July/August 2015, I would contact with the appropriate personnel at HR to inform them of your situation, ask for and complete the 21 page CPD-B  and if anything can be done to get you in the first available class upon completion of the DUI restriction.

thank you, i will keep checking up on this thread, for those who is on the job as we speak..what do you guys think of it so far? dealing with the customers etc

it's ok much better than my last company. A lot of room for growth here. As you'll come to find out this job is as good or bad as you make of it. As with any position that interacts with customers at the rate we do they can and will try your patience and if you let them you can ruin your whole day. When u get on just remember get paid to safely get from A to B don't be early cuz you get paid no matter how long it takes and keep your calm and you'll be just fine. Too many of my fellow operators forget these simple things

^ I agree 100% with IronboundNJT. It's definitely what you make of it. Now that I'm older, I have more patience, etc. which helps.

One of the most important things to do is not get upset if people don't pay the fare. Some will give silly excuses, some will just walk by you.

You're getting paid either way. Many operators have been assaulted over the farebox. I'm new but that's probably the best piece of advice I can give so far. Other than the fare not being paid, you'll get a few people complain about waiting so long for the bus. Other than those things, it's been smoothe. I smile/say hello to those who do the same and sometimes to those who don't. I think that helps some too.

Also, as IronboundNJT pointed out, there are lots of opportunities for growth/change. If you get tired of driving after 5, 10, 15 years, you can apply for a Dispatcher position. Then you can stay there or give it a go at a Superintendent position. You can even apply for subway positions for a different type of change.

Hope this helps some.

Young who was your instructor ?

Days 1 to 7 was Supt. Hernandez, out of Flatbush, who is now retired and lives out-of-state. Another instructor, with the Depot located in the Bronx, was my instructor for Days 8 and 9.

Best thing I can tell you is listen to your instructor they will tell you the tools you need to pass just remember constantly look in those Mirrors and anything you see coming up on either side call out let the instructor now you see them especially when your in Manhattan. The first 4 days are practice don't worry about making mistakes I made a ton of mistakes just listen to the instructor how to fix them and it will all work out . For day 5 , 6 ,7 you have to be on point to qualify early but even if you don't qualify on day 7 you still have two other oppurtnuties to qualify so don't stress out if you have to go to day 9 I had too

So I just called DCAS and the update is as follows, as of May 3rd, 2015:

Out of the 3,617 eligible candidates...

...the list # of the last certified IS 3,617

...the list # of the last appointed is 2,684.

(FYI - I did call twice to make sure the last certified number was correct.)

So I just called DCAS and the update is as follows, as of May 3rd, 2015:

Out of the 3,617 eligible candidates...

...the list # of the last certified IS 3,617

...the list # of the last appointed is 2,684.

(FYI - I did call twice to make sure the last certified number was correct.)

As always, a BIG THANK YOU to YoungNYCSubwayFan !

Also Congratulations to astogezz for qualifying! (and for the good advice).

If this is correct, nobody is on outstanding certification and that HR will finish this list at some point. At some point those with list numbers between 2,684 to 3,617 will be asked to come in for drug tests, if they haven't already. When the list is finally exhausted depends on those who are interested, eligible and who pass the qualification/training and road tests. Keep an eye on your mailboxes and telephones!!! & Good Luck!! 

Youngnyc i noticed in your update that the # of the last appointed from 2 months ago and know are exactly the same. Could that mean that for the last 2 months they are processing the people who reinstated their names from earlier list numbers????

Youngnyc i noticed in your update that the # of the last appointed from 2 months ago and know are exactly the same. Could that mean that for the last 2 months they are processing the people who reinstated their names from earlier list numbers????

Possibly....IMHO, since they are administering the BOSS exam for the remaining 4600 candidates this Saturday, I think they're anxious to finish up with 2613 so this way they can release the 4600 list and start working with those candidates. This is just my educated guess since this might or might not be true depending on the hiring needs of the Department of Buses.

Possibly....IMHO, since they are administering the BOSS exam for the remaining 4600 candidates this Saturday, I think they're anxious to finish up with 2613 so this way they can release the 4600 list and start working with those candidates. This is just my educated guess since this might or might not be true depending on the hiring needs of the Department of Buses.

Based on the activity here in the forums, I would say that the recent class 04/20 was primarily made up of candidates who reinstated and candidates up to 2684.

We have gentlemen in the 2700's and 2900's, one is awaiting a call for final processing and another is awaiting a drug test (the first one was a false alarm).

Unfortunately, since no-one has responded to my question, I am unsure if a class started today (May 4) that includes anyone from 2613. 

OK guys so a Huge update in my process. My list number is 25..

Last time i was at Livingston ST was in late March. I did drug and application processing. I did reinstate my list number before that. I was told i would be contacted in 2 to 90 days.

I was contacted a week after and was told that I had to take the Boss survey. I took the survey but because of this i did not make the april 20 class.

Today I received a call stating that I pass the survey and that I will need to reinstate my list number once again.

This is still between my 2 to 90 days period.

Apparently there may be a class in June and i am most likely to make that class.

It seems they are contacting anyone who was called up in late march or they can be contacting new applicants for June.

SO stay on the look out. If you haven't taken your Boss survey i suggest to walk in and see if you can take it or find out how you can take it.

Archived