Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both ATU and TWU have the same NYS pension.... New York State & Local Returement System. Usually both unions marry eachother when it comes to contracts for the most part In Pay, Sick time , Vacation time... tho one might be a little behind then the other during contract negotiations. Some of the difference arise in contributions to health benefits, and deciplinary actions.

Hi everyone! New here.....I got my letter in the mail Saturday, very excited for this new journey we are about to go on! However the list numbers are kind of different. I read someone got a 90 and did not get a letter! My list number is in the early 300s and did not get a score on my letter, guessing I got around 85-90. Is the BOSS a huge factor to determine your list number? Just wondering is all. I am just very blessed that I got a good list number, especially 30,000 people applying. I am very happy for all of you to get a list number. Hopefully with God's will we all will be employed with the MTA in the near future.

Yea I don't think you get called if you fail the BOSS. The BOSS is just as important as the 80 question examination. I believe if you fail the BOSS they notify you that you are no longer considered for the position.

Yeah. I thought so too.

Yeah. I thought so too.

Yea I don't think you get called if you fail the BOSS. The BOSS is just as important as the 80 question examination. I believe if you fail the BOSS they notify you that you are no longer considered for the position.

to those wondering about the boss,  page 47 RTS says....

If you failed  the boss you will still get called.

The very first BOSS exam I took for MTA Bus Company (exam 2301) I did not do good on. I knew it as I handed in the exam.

A few weeks later I did get a letter in the mail stating that I did not pass the exam.

Therefore, I do not know about exam 2613, but you will eventually get a letter - it is just a matter of time.

That's not true if you fail the BOSS you will get notified by mail telling you your no longer a candidate for the position.

Exactly. That's why I said what's the difference between 2301 and 2613.

Or let me put it this way... You will have a CALL (or letter) that you FAILED.

Is that what you mean by Call?

You will get a letter saying you failed.  If you failed the Boss for 2301 your done.  If you failed the Boss for 2613 or 4600 your not done  you will get called it's not like OA and MTA bus. I'm going to try and get a sample of the failed letter for the Boss.

Maybe MTA is doing something else now. Did anyone call HR and ask?

You will get a letter saying you failed.  If you failed the Boss for 2301 your done.  If you failed the Boss for 2613 or 4600 your not done  you will get called it's not like OA and MTA bus. I'm going to try and get a sample of the failed letter for the Boss.

I know...I'm not 100% crazy about MTA Bus Company to begin with...

Thanks RTS4Life for clarifying this for me

The MTA pay raise's go on yearly anniversaries of date of hire and contractual raises once a year in April. So once you are hired you will receive two raises per year until you reach top pay, then you will just get your annual contractual raise. As for calling out of work, the MTA go's on occurrences of calling out, not really days... For example, weather you calling off for just one day or calling off and won't return to work for 3 days it's consider 1 occurrence. But after 3 or more days that you're not at work you will be required to bring a doctors note and clear medical before you you are allow to return to work... After 8 occurences in one year you will be placed on an absent control list. If you have a medical issue or have to care for a family member with one you can apply for FMLA leave.

I think MTA is doing something else now because before you could have taking a TA exam get your list# then take the BOSS afterwards, now you have to take the EXAM the BOSS before you get a list#, there have to be something behind that and from what I was told the BOSS is as important as the EXAM, ill see if I can get more info on this topic.

I got a quick question ..I just got my OA Exam #3101 letter in the other day to take the BOSS EXam November 16 .

Do I have to take it again? , if I already took it in june like you guys did.

I heard the Boss exam is good for a year but not to sure

I got a quick question ..I just got my OA Exam #3101 letter in the other day to take the BOSS EXam November 16 .

Got mine yesterday. ....was thinking the same....I heard its good for a yr. but idk 4 sure.

Got mine yesterday. ....was thinking the same....I heard its good for a yr. but idk 4 s

I'm in the same boat but I will go take it just for the simple fact I have the letter thats telling me to take it. The way I look at it is if I didnt have to MTA would send a letter stating you dont have to take it.

I got a quick question ..I just got my OA Exam #3101 letter in the other day to take the BOSS EXam November 16 .Do I have to take it again? , if I already took it in june like you guys did.I heard the Boss exam is good for a year but not to sure

I already explained to you Tone 718 that you're going to get mixed answers and opinions on that same question. The best thing to do is go down and take it again.

Archived