Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Hopefully the pace pre-march picks back up

don't think the pace has changed. There has been a class every 2 weeks for awhile now minus the break from around Oct to the new year for the system pick. 

Just think there are a lot of people reinstating. 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just called DCAS and the update is as follows, as of May 3rd, 2015:

Out of the 3,617 eligible candidates...

...the list # of the last certified IS 3,617

...the list # of the last appointed is 2,684.

Hi Folks:

So i just called DCAS for the June update, and the last appointed list number is the same as May (see above). The last certified list number has changed from 3,617 to 3,621.

Hi Folks:

So i just called DCAS for the June update, and the last appointed list number is the same as May (see above). The last certified list number has changed from 3,617 to 3,621.

Thank you as always Young!

Per the recent update for TA Exam 4600, I am very surprised that everyone on TA Exam 2613 is no longer on outstanding certification, especially for the later list numbers who probably won't get a call until early next year. When I saw the update last month, I got excited, on Friday, not so much.

BTW, Congratulations on your promotion to Associate Moderator! :)

Ok guys,

So i was at 180 levingston today doing my medical and final processing. I am scheduled to show up to zerega for the June 15th class. 

There will be another class on the 29th so just a heads up guys.

Now all that is left for me is to qualify :)

Could someone please check out this topic in the New York City Bus forums, Best Staten Island depot .

I am seeking to clarify: If Staten Island B/O's are paid extra to drive an express bus vehicle than a local bus vehicle. I know that TWU100 operators get paid an extra $.25 cents to drive articulated buses. 

As I mentioned in the post, the specific runs in terms of swing-pay and built in-OT (as well as actual occurrence due to traffic), those specific runs would be more financially advantageous. 

Thank you!

Could someone please check out this topic in the New York City Bus forums, Best Staten Island depot .

I am seeking to clarify: If Staten Island B/O's are paid extra to drive an express bus vehicle than a local bus vehicle. I know that TWU100 operators get paid an extra $.25 cents to drive articulated buses. 

As I mentioned in the post, the specific runs in terms of swing-pay and built in-OT (as well as actual occurrence due to traffic), those specific runs would be more financially advantageous. 

Thank you!

Express operators do not get paid more. I do both on SI. You are much more likely to get late slips doing express though, probably like 80% of the time. 

Any1 who drives express bus get paid extra. Those buses are called MCIs

They do not. See above. 

• 2 weeks later...

For the remaining candidates:

Very important for those going for their CDL learners permits and CDL licenses.

There is a * new * federal mandate that requires all applicants to provide proof of lawful status and residency, per NYS DMV:

You must also prove your legal presence in the United States.

The Proofs of Identity, U.S. Legal Presence and NYS Residency (ID-44CDL) form lists all acceptable legal presence and New York State residence proof documents.  Please note: You must provide us the original documents (not photocopies).

Proofs of Identity, U.S. Legal Presence and NYS Residency (ID-44CDL)

NYS DMV - Get a CDL

BTW, Good Luck to everyone who is qualifying today or have already qualified!!

Also, Is anyone starting on Sunday June 28? 

Does anyone know what number they are up to?

According to post #5045, they are up to list #2,684. Like another member said, they are probably and most likely finishing up the list.

I do plan on calling DCAS on July 5th for another update. As soon as I get the information, I will post it on this topic thread.

Does dcas still keep track of the mta even tho they do there own testing and mta no longer uses them?

Does dcas still keep track of the mta even tho they do there own testing and mta no longer uses them?

Because im number 3394

Hello Folks:

So in case any of you are curious, I just called DCAS for an update and they still have the same information as before.

As soon as I have any updates, I will let you know...

Hello Folks:

So in case any of you are curious, I just called DCAS for an update and they still have the same information as before.

As soon as I have any updates, I will let you know...

Thanks Young. I had a feeling that would happen. It seems that every holiday long weekend they don't update it, perhaps that individual who records the message takes a vacation  <_< ..

Good Luck to anyone who is qualifying this week... 

Anyone with a list number of 2799 or above please let us know how you are doing and if you have started the process drug tests/medical etc ... :) - Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Do anyone know about reinstating. If I reinstate myself this week when would they call me in to start the hiring process? Did anyone reinstate themselves back on the list, how long did it take for them to call you?

hey guys, i just got back from vacation and noticed myCDL permit expired on july 9th, i want to reinstate my name on the list but is it to late to renew my permit?

Contact DMV. Worst case you have to take the written permit test again.

Do anyone know about reinstating. If I reinstate myself this week when would they call me in to start the hiring process? Did anyone reinstate themselves back on the list, how long did it take for them to call you?

I was called in Oct/Nov 2013 and didn't report for employment. I sent in the reinstatement letter in January 2014 and was called in Mar 2014.

Archived