Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Folks~

So it is the first Sunday of the month,  therefore according to the DCAS Automated System, as of August 2nd, 2015, out of 3,617 eligible candidates, the list number of the last...

...certified is 3,621.

...appointed is 2,763.

I just called moments ago for October and the information is the same.

I just called moments ago for October and the information is the same.

As always, thanks Young. 

I have a feeling it will pick up towards the end of the year when retirements go through.

Sanitation starts their list soon, I'm sure people may defer from both 2613 and 4600 if they have a low enough list number as well people in TA will switch over. Also BTO should be coming out soon, which might thin things out a little.

I Seen a training bus yesterday there still having classes

Yes, I had seen one too not long ago as well. As you already know (and for others), there are three bus segments, TA (NYCTA), OA (MaBSTOA) and BC (Bus Company). The classes may have higher percentages than others, lets say there are ten people in the class. For example 4 could be for TA, 4 for OA and 2 for BC.

Hey youngnyc seeing how the list is at a turtle pace for the last 12 months do you think the list will still get established around march/april?????

First, since I understand your question 100%, how come you did not post this in the B/O Exam 4600 thread?

Second, to answer your question, I am leaning towards April, but we just have to be patient. That's all.

• 1 month later...

Recently, I just DCAS, and, as of December 6th, the list number of the last candidate...

...certified is 3,621

...appointed is 2,821.

Thank you as always Young! 800 to go....

Anyone 3000+ take a drug test yet?

This is taken longer than i expected. But im patient. Thank God im working.

I agree. We are almost a week to the day that most of us took the exam back in 2013, if you count the time we submitted the applications we are well into the second year of our wait.  Barring a massive retirement wave in January, I doubt we will see the list for TA Exam 4600 in March 2016.  I wonder what the hold-up is, especially when TA folks from OA depots are being forced into Staten Island/Queens depots. 

Quick question youngnyc when it says 2821 appointed what does it exactly mean. Does it mean thats the last one that has at least taken the drug test or something like that

From my perspective/understanding, whoever has list # 2821 was the last person to be hired and sent to Zerega.

Again, this is just my personal prospective/understanding. Whether I am incorrect, or whether DCAS is producing the wrong information, could be possible...

• 4 weeks later...

I got hired just in time because after me hiring slowed down considerably hiring should pick up again in feb by the summer they should have exhausted the list

It's crazy though because so many people failed the test , someone who got 70 which is the minium passing score will get a job I myself got a 82 and I remember crumbling up the paper saying to myself I'll never get called 12 months later they called. It will be a lot different for 4600 if you got under a 90 you probably won't get called

Well i heard 4600 was much easier than 2613. Also i dont think you need to have a 90 or better to yhe job. Remember there are other bus operator test that they are hiring from they have MTA bus OA and also 2613. Also keep in mind they have classes every two week. A class just started Sunday December 27th..yes on a sunday. I see the training buses in my depot. I guess they did sunday becuz of new years not sure.

Well i heard 4600 was much easier than 2613. Also i dont think you need to have a 90 or better to yhe job. Remember there are other bus operator test that they are hiring from they have MTA bus OA and also 2613. Also keep in mind they have classes every two week. A class just started Sunday December 27th..yes on a sunday. I see the training buses in my depot. I guess they did sunday becuz of new years not sure.

4600 was a lot easier and way more people took and past the test. So people who barely passed 2613 were called, that won't be the case with 4600. I would guess an 85 or so would be the cut off. I was the first group called on 2613, 2 years on the job now. Time flew.

Archived