Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

People don't worry about tickets only if you have any pending tickets. Just pay your parking tickets don't let that screw your chances think of it like an investment.

You can't have more than 4 pts on your license, and no that is not in your entire life that is current. Trust me my driving record is not spotless and they OKed me for the drug test. If you are still freaking out about it PM me.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother works for ta he said he never heard that 1, moving violation yes but parking no. Even if you look at your paper work they said put any tickets down that you have EXCEPT parking tickets

I seen that but heard different from a recently hired driver, I guess if they are outstanding it might be a problem? who knows? You are probably right

Anyone know the cost to take the CDL Permit and if you are required to bring a medical phys paper by a doctor?

It's $10 to take as many test as u want the 1st time. After that day it's like $10 per test. (if u don't pass all 3 exams) Then u gotta pay between $50-$100 to get the permit.

U don't need a medical to take the permit. U need for the road test.

You must live in a different state because in New York your license can't get suspended for parking tickets

It only gets suspended if it was a ticket written by the police. If u owe money for parking tickets u get ya car towed & u can't re-register ya car at dmv.

Until you pay off the tickets.

What happens to the people with a list number in the 100's that are passed up because they have something wrong with there license? If they are up to list numbers In the 200's when that person get everything cleared with their license do they move in front of those people with list numbers in the 200's?

Guys be for real.

You sign a paper  Authorization Motor Vehicle records and it states. Shall serve as an ongoing basis during my employment  so long as I remain in a title. 

Let me tell you something.

Their was a new student with us about  a year ago he was working for about 8 months. He is not working with us anymore due to  5 unpaid parking tickets.  His license had a hold on it and He was in service at the time. When he got to the end of the line He was pulled out of service . I seen him 2 days later after he was pull out of service. He told me he forgot about the tickets and he hasn't been driving his car since he got the job. I asked him didn't you get a letter about the tickets. He said yea I didn't think it was going to be a big deal so I was going to wait when I got some money I was going to pay them. That was the last time I seen him. 

Okay, just got back from pre-medical @ 180 Livingston Street in the rain. All I can say is to listen to listen to Tone 718's advice which he posted on 11/4/13 at 4:12 PM in getting there early. I got there at 6 AM, technically Human Resources did not open until 6:30. Once HR opened, we were able to enter the 5th floor and sit down, which was a little more comfortable than standing outside. Since I got there early, I was out by 11:30 AM, which was not that bad.

However, like Rm3271 said on Wednesday at 5:49 AM, for the physical, be prepared to be there all day, starting at 7:30 AM and ending anywhere between 5:00 (earliest) and 7:30 PM (latest). They also told us that for the physical, we are NOT allowed outside of the building. Therefore, make sure you bring something to eat, like trail mix, peanut butter crackers. etc.

Once you pass the medical, you are not 100% hired yet. The reason why is because, you still have to get through the 10 day training session, which will make or break you. I heard today from someone that it is wise to go to driving school to learn how to drive a bus so this way all of the pressure is not on the 10-day session. Do you think this is a good or bad idea?

Okay, just got back from pre-medical @ 180 Livingston Street in the rain. All I can say is to listen to listen to Tone 718's advice which he posted on 11/4/13 at 4:12 PM in getting there early. I got there at 6 AM, technically Human Resources did not open until 6:30. Once HR opened, we were able to enter the 5th floor and sit down, which was a little more comfortable than standing outside. Since I got there early, I was out by 11:30 AM, which was not that bad.

However, like Rm3271 said on Wednesday at 5:49 AM, for the physical, be prepared to be there all day, starting at 7:30 AM and ending anywhere between 5:00 (earliest) and 7:30 PM (latest). They also told us that for the physical, we are NOT allowed outside of the building. Therefore, make sure you bring something to eat, like trail mix, peanut butter crackers. etc.

Once you pass the medical, you are not 100% hired yet. The reason why is because, you still have to get through the 10 day training session, which will make or break you. I heard today from someone that it is wise to go to driving school to learn how to drive a bus so this way all of the pressure is not on the 10-day session. Do you think this is a good or bad idea?

Great info

Out of curiousity....u dont drive for a living?

Great info

Out of curiousity....u dont drive for a living?

Sort-of...I work on a farm in Queens and on the weekends I drive the farm's livestock trailer to various fairs, festivals, events, etc. primarily throughout Nassau and Suffolk. Other than this, I do not drive for a living.

It's $10 to take as many test as u want the 1st time. After that day it's like $10 per test. (if u don't pass all 3 exams) Then u gotta pay between $50-$100 to get the permit.

U don't need a medical to take the permit. U need for the road test.

i honestly believe it is between $20-$30 for the actual permit not $50-$100

@YoungNYCSubwayFan did they tell u if u passed ya medical on the spot?

Did anyone drive there & parked in the parking lot? Or y'all all took public transportation?

They did not tell us if we passed the medical on the spot. The reason why is because they have to send the urine sample to a lab and take it from there.

I honestly do not know who drove, who did not drive, etc. All I know is, from going to Polytech for at least two years and going to the Transit Museum once in a while, it is a lot easier for me to just take the bus/subway compared to driving.

Ok here's the deal! I did show up for my pre-employment process on Tuesday 11/5. All my paperwork in order. Included in the paperwork were my court disposition as required. I prepared for all this early. I went to court to apply for Certificates of Relief on past misdemeanor convictions but the application says we had to list convictions regardless if even there were Certificates of Relief, conditionally and unconditionally relieved, it even says to list violations which are not even crimes. I'm saying to myself Certificates of Relief are granted by a judge relieving you of any future consequences of the conviction from your past in relation especially for employment purposes! To mention even further the Certificates of Relief are particularly to be most helpful in relieving you of the conviction for ESPECIALLY civil service, city and state job opportunities! The application also states that you DO NOT have to list any conviction that has been sealed. So why then must you list convictions that are Certified for Relief? What a bummer. Many of us had items to list whether they be related to a criminal conviction of the past, a simple violation which is not even a crime, and as well, traffic issues, accident incidents, etc., etc. So let's not hold and prejudices or pass judgement. Speaking on behalf of myself I have made a dramatic change for the better and good over the past few years. I have nothing pending against me. My debt to society is paid in full. I had just one felony conviction and it was way back in 1997 for possession of marijuana which is practically legal these days. All my others convictions are misdemeanors and violations.

I spoke to TA bus operators and they say to me nothing to worry about as long as I have all my dispositions and tell the truth! They tell me there are bus operators who have multiple felonies and have been hired. This news would be somewhate of a relief for me to know and provide a little hope of being considered for the job I long for.

My driving record and class A cdl license with my passenger endorsement was told to me it qualified and cleared (good news right?) Yeah I guess!

But I never got further than handing in all the paperwork. I was not sent to take thie laboratory drug and alcohol test. I was told my case would be sent for further review and that I would either get a phone call or a letter in the mail.

So here I am with all my efforts to putting my life together STILL paying the price for MISDEMEANORS? I thought I had already paid my debts???

I know for a fact there are people with much more serious crimes (multiple felonies) and served years of prison time who are bus operators and others who have city jobs. SO WHY IS THIS ALWAYS HAPPENING TO ME? Why has society not giving this petit misdemeanor citizen a second chance. NOT A THIRD OR FOURTH LIKE OTHERS HAVE GOTTEN. But a second chance or even a first chance in my case. I've been getting shot down in life WAY even BEFORE I had a single conviction! I never had a violent history nor have I killed someone!!!

Young, thanks for the info!

I am going there tomorrow...

Did you have all of your paperwork filled at home OR did you do it there?

Thanks again!

How old are your MISDEMEANORS and is anything on your license

Many lot of them were from 1980's and 90's but I do have a few misdemeanors NOT fellonies from 2010 in the state of Florida. I have no open cases and nothing pending against me. All the ones from the 80' and 90's I have gotten Certificates of Relief from the judge. I filed for them and was granted. I did this to help my opportunities for job related purposes. The Certificates even state it is being granted to relieve me of judgement specifically for job related purposes. City employers are supposed to honor these types of Certificates. My class A cdl with passengers endorsement license is clear and nothing pending. They just told me my case will go through management for further review and that I will be contacted either by phone or mail. It doesn't necessarily mean I'm knocked out. I'm thinking they just need to review the matters and verify. I asked if I were the only one going through this? The lady told me others who bring in dispositions some go through the same process. I know I have a pettit past but there is nothing crazy that should disqualify me.

Young, thanks for the info!

I am going there tomorrow...

Did you have all of your paperwork filled at home OR did you do it there?

Thanks again!

I had all of it filled at home. I was just looking it over several times before handing it in.

What happens to the people with a list number in the 100's that are passed up because they have something wrong with there license? If they are up to list numbers In the 200's when that person get everything cleared with their license do they move in front of those people with list numbers in the 200's?

What's wrong with ya license?

Archived