Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

I had all of it filled at home. I was just looking it over several times before handing it in.

I have a LOT of questions... too many to ask here.

Is it a Permanent Appointment?

What goes first, First Name OR Last Name, in Print name as it appears on license?

Title Of New Position? Bus Operator?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a LOT of questions... too many to ask here.

Is it a Permanent Appointment?

What goes first, First Name OR Last Name, in Print name as it appears on license?

Title Of New Position? Bus Operator?

Leave the top blank as per Human Resources directions. The title of the position is "Bus Operator", however I put "Bus Operator Trainee" which was also acceptable. As far as the other questions, just leave it blank for now. Right before you hand in the forms, a member of Human Resources is going to go over everything, followed by questions.

Ok here's the deal! I did show up for my pre-employment process on Tuesday 11/5. All my paperwork in order. Included in the paperwork were my court disposition as required. I prepared for all this early. I went to court to apply for Certificates of Relief on past misdemeanor convictions but the application says we had to list convictions regardless if even there were Certificates of Relief, conditionally and unconditionally relieved, it even says to list violations which are not even crimes. I'm saying to myself Certificates of Relief are granted by a judge relieving you of any future consequences of the conviction from your past in relation especially for employment purposes! To mention even further the Certificates of Relief are particularly to be most helpful in relieving you of the conviction for ESPECIALLY civil service, city and state job opportunities! The application also states that you DO NOT have to list any conviction that has been sealed. So why then must you list convictions that are Certified for Relief? What a bummer. Many of us had items to list whether they be related to a criminal conviction of the past, a simple violation which is not even a crime, and as well, traffic issues, accident incidents, etc., etc. So let's not hold and prejudices or pass judgement. Speaking on behalf of myself I have made a dramatic change for the better and good over the past few years. I have nothing pending against me. My debt to society is paid in full. I had just one felony conviction and it was way back in 1997 for possession of marijuana which is practically legal these days. All my others convictions are misdemeanors and violations.

I spoke to TA bus operators and they say to me nothing to worry about as long as I have all my dispositions and tell the truth! They tell me there are bus operators who have multiple felonies and have been hired. This news would be somewhate of a relief for me to know and provide a little hope of being considered for the job I long for.

My driving record and class A cdl license with my passenger endorsement was told to me it qualified and cleared (good news right?) Yeah I guess!

But I never got further than handing in all the paperwork. I was not sent to take thie laboratory drug and alcohol test. I was told my case would be sent for further review and that I would either get a phone call or a letter in the mail.

So here I am with all my efforts to putting my life together STILL paying the price for MISDEMEANORS? I thought I had already paid my debts???

I know for a fact there are people with much more serious crimes (multiple felonies) and served years of prison time who are bus operators and others who have city jobs. SO WHY IS THIS ALWAYS HAPPENING TO ME? Why has society not giving this petit misdemeanor citizen a second chance. NOT A THIRD OR FOURTH LIKE OTHERS HAVE GOTTEN. But a second chance or even a first chance in my case. I've been getting shot down in life WAY even BEFORE I had a single conviction! I never had a violent history nor have I killed someone!!!

I don't know how they work and I don't have any experience with this, but I heard back in the day (80's - 90's - 00's) you could have a lot on your record and still be hired, but now a days they are a lot more picky. I would think they are going to go through the list and start with the people that have nothing on there record and then get back to you, just a guess on my end. 

I don't know how they work and I don't have any experience with this, but I heard back in the day (80's - 90's - 00's) you could have a lot on your record and still be hired, but now a days they are a lot more picky. I would think they are going to go through the list and start with the people that have nothing on there record and then get back to you, just a guess on my end. 

I'll agree to that, especially since they are anxious to fill up these training classes!

What's wrong with ya license?

P

I have three accidents on my license (not my fault) and two of them date back to December of 2010. The MTA only allows 2 accidents within a 3 year period... I wasn't allow to take the drug screening because of this but did hand in the paperwork. The representive gave me a slip and told me to come back next month when the 2 accidents come off (accidents stay on your license for 3 years) to take the drug sceening. My list number is 116, so do I go in front of people who have higher list numbers then me next month?

P

I have three accidents on my license (not my fault) and two of them date back to December of 2010. The MTA only allows 2 accidents within a 3 year period... I wasn't allow to take the drug screening because of this but did hand in the paperwork. The representive gave me a slip and told me to come back next month when the 2 accidents come off (accidents stay on your license for 3 years) to take the drug sceening. My list number is 116, so do I go in front of people who have higher list numbers then me next month?

I think you would just be with that next group called. 

P

First of all, consider yourself lucky that they are allowing you to come back compared to "Good-bye". When you come back next month, you still have to do the drug screening and then wait for the phone call within 2 to 90 days, just like everyone else, followed by the second and longer medical part, etc. Therefore, I personally think it all depends on timing. Whether you go in front of other people, I honestly do not think it matters. At this point, it's all about getting through medical, getting through training, getting hired and getting the 1st year of probation overwith.

First of all, consider yourself lucky that they are allowing you to come back compared to "Good-bye". When you come back next month, you still have to do the drug screening and then wait for the phone call within 2 to 90 days, just like everyone else, followed by the second and longer medical part, etc. Therefore, I personally think it all depends on timing. Whether you go in front of other people, I honestly do not think it matters. At this point, it's all about getting through medical, getting through training, getting hired and getting the 1st year of probation overwith.

I know the process... I'm just hoping that with a list number of 116 I don't get put back to the end of a 3600 name list!

I know the process... I'm just hoping that with a list number of 116 I don't get put back to the end of a 3600 name list!

I don't think they gonna get to the end of this list by next month. U have nothing to worry about.

@rm3271 if u have to wait till it comes off you abstract u might have to wait till jan cuz dmv update they system once per year and that's jan 1st.

It takes 39 months for points to come off your drivers abstract. If that 39th month is May it stays on ya abstract for the rest of the year till dmv system updates on jan 1st. I know this because I just had 6 pts just come off my abstract this yr for speeding tickets for jan 09.

The representive gave me a slip and told me to come back in December. I don't have any points or tickets just the accidents that come off next month. But you are correct about the DMV removing it from my abstract. I think the MTA just has to see that the accident was 3 years ago.

This morning I called ms.chestnut to ask about the tint tickets. And I told her, I didn't put it down becouse there not moving violations. But she said there still violations and she told me to go dmv and get license abstract.

There nothing on my abstract I'm clean.

Does anyone know where to get the dates of those tickets?

This morning I called ms.chestnut to ask about the tint tickets. And I told her, I didn't put it down becouse there not moving violations. But she said there still violations and she told me to go dmv and get license abstract.

Idk y u told ha that. Tint tickets don't show on the abstract.

She prob think its on ya abstract that's y she told u to go and get on. A seat beat ticket isn't no pts but it shows on ya abstract. I know this cuz that's what I have on my abstract right now.

They are tint tickets, its like a ticket.for not cleaning up your dogs crap, I wouldn't of said anything about that, opening up a can of worms

show up to dmv where you fight moving voliations give them your driver license they will run it and the tints tickets will show up. Plead gulity pay it and thats it.  

Archived