Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys

Well, I went for the pre-employment and drug screening, everything went smoothly, got there around 7:05, got out around 12:00.

A lot of people there, mainly for bus operator, some train operator, and Staten Island Railway positions too.

Now just waiting for the phone call, they said 2-90 days, though I am really hoping that they call me earlier. Just lucky that they said that more than 4 points on a license is a disqualification. I have 3 points, the lady stressed to me not to get any more points or else the process will stop. Defensive Driving course they really don't care about. But it looks to me the most important thing to these people is that the drug screening comes out clean, and the Medical afterwards, and I think if you have a CDL already that could be a big plus.

I just wonder how long it will take for the call to the medical.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi guys

Well, I went for the pre-employment and drug screening, everything went smoothly, got there around 7:05, got out around 12:00.

A lot of people there, mainly for bus operator, some train operator, and Staten Island Railway positions too.

Now just waiting for the phone call, they said 2-90 days, though I am really hoping that they call me earlier. Just lucky that they said that more than 4 points on a license is a disqualification. I have 3 points, the lady stressed to me not to get any more points or else the process will stop. Defensive Driving course they really don't care about. But it looks to me the most important thing to these people is that the drug screening comes out clean, and the Medical afterwards, and I think if you have a CDL already that could be a big plus.

I just wonder how long it will take for the call to the medical.

Good luck to everyone!

Hey Stylus850,

I've been there today too. Checked In 7:05. Checked Out 12:30.

We gotta wait 2-90 days. Whatever that means.

4 points OR more don't even bother. Automatic disqualification. Anything pending gotta be resolved otherwise they gonna put youon hold UNTIL its gonna be resolved.

It was really hard for me to do that because it's the job I always wanted but I only did it because on the forms they said that it MUST be filled out accurately... Is anyone else in a similar situation or can give info on this? All responses appreciated

It was really hard for me to do that because it's the job I always wanted but I only did it because on the forms they said that it MUST be filled out accurately... Is anyone else in a similar situation or can give info on this? All responses appreciated

I would NEVER do that for THAT reason.

Is it done deal OR you can turn everything back?

The MTA only cares about the jobs that you had on the books, and not off the books since they are illegal and taxes are not taken out.

Therefore, would it be possible to get a printout from the Social Security office of all of your jobs? I mean, the first form is not that bad since it only goes back 10 years. The second set of papers they want each and every job, but you have between 2 and 90 days to fill it out.

If I was you, if you still have your papers, call Human Resources, tell them your exam # and list # (if you still remember it), ask them to mail you a clean form, and go down there and give it a shot! That is what I would do...

Guys I took my name off the list cause I could not accept at this time due to the fact that I cannot remember all my past employment... Is it going to be a long wait to get back on the list?

No offense man but you are nuts, taking your name off the list for that reason is crazy. They won't crucify you for saying you started a job in April but it was really May....who knows with these lists ya.know? Next month the MTA could say they are on a hiring freeze...who knows. I would do whatever u can to intercept that letter

I tried to get it from the office but they told me they only mail it to you and it can take 3-4 weeks to come

I have to go on Tuesday but I guess I will call first thing Monday and see what's the case.

Monday is Veterans Day (November 11th) - even though the MTA is running regular weekday service that day, I do not know if Human Resources staff will be in that day. My educated guess is "No".

Monday is Veterans Day (November 11th) - even though the MTA is running regular weekday service that day, I do not know if Human Resources staff will be in that day. My educated guess is "No.'

Agreed, probably why the next report date is Tuesday.

I went to livingston on monday could not process didnt have a disposition and I needed a B permit because my A license has a n2 restriction on it which is 7 passengers or less.I have the P just not the full P. Well my disposition came thursday, I had a  B permit in 2011 so I just went to dmv and they renewed it for me without taking any written exams. I went today and everything went thru and I did the drug test, no breathalizer.

For all aplicants going in  next week and the week after here is the breakdown:

B permit with air brakes- passenger endorsement-and general knowledge-no restrictions, I put general knowledge because a guy was there who didnt pass his general knowledge test but he had his other endorsements and yeah he got sent home.

No driving restrictions

No expired or suspended license

license must be 3 years old

NJ  PA  CT  residents must have B license with P and no restrictions

No more than 4 points

no pending tickets

If you ever had a out of state license you need abstract for that state no less than 30 days old

No more than 2 accidents within the last 3 year's

All dispostions for any charge you ever had

If you have an A license without the P they will send you to go get it before they process you.They are extremly helpfull  and nice ladies that work there and they are very approachable if you have any questions for them. BUT they will send that ass home if you have ANY  issue I listed above. If you dont have any of those issue's they will give you the paper to go to lab and pee pee in the cup.  Guys I hope this help and good luck to all.

I have a question did anyone recieve a call for the medical yet? If not lets all keep each other informed if anyone does get the call.

It's not on there yet but it will show if a police report was done. accidents take a lil while to show up on the abstract.

I had an accident over 1.5 yrs ago....still isnt on my abstract....and I had one 4 yrs ago never reported on abstract and cops came everytime.

A buddy of mine hit someone and it was on quickly.

I was told if damages exceed $1000 itll b on abstract. Im assuming none of them exceeded that. all of them were sideswipes

What you mean by suspended license , someone went down with a suspended license?

Your license cant be suspended when you go down there. hey you never know some people prolly went with a suspended license not knowing they were going to run it. You really dont know whats gonna happen till you get there.

I had an accident over 1.5 yrs ago....still isnt on my abstract....and I had one 4 yrs ago never reported on abstract and cops came everytime.

A buddy of mine hit someone and it was on quickly.

I was told if damages exceed $1000 itll b on abstract. Im assuming none of them exceeded that. all of them were sideswipes

So you gonna take the chance and not put it on the app?

Your license cant be suspended when you go down there. hey you never know some people prolly went with a suspended license not knowing they were going to run it. You really dont know whats gonna happen till you get there.

If its not on my abstract why should I bother?

I notice ppl earlier saying dont make something outta nothing. If it isnt there dont talk about it....

I dont even remember the dates of them off hand and 1 definitely wasnt my fault while other can look my fault.

From the website

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/accident.htm

If you are in an accident, you are required by the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law to stop and exchange information with the involved drivers. If the accident caused property damage only, then exchange information about your driver license, insurance, and registration with the involved drivers. If a parked vehicle or other property is damaged, or if a domestic animal is injured, you must locate the owner or contact the police.

If the property damage of any person is $1,001 or more, all the involved drivers are required by the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law to file form MV-104 (Report of Motor Vehicle Accident). File form MV-104 with the DMV no more than 10 days after the accident. The DMV can suspend your driver license if you fail to report an accident.

With my case being reviewed I'm so discouraged and not feeling good at all. It's so depressing. It's a shame cause I tried so hard to turn my life around. I scored 90% on the exam, have a cdl class A, and a great list number. I had a feeling I was going to run into a bump. Every stage of my life is like this, even before I had misdemeanors. I don't get it? There are people who have felonies and been to prison getting jobs with the city and most everywhere. Society just won't give me a chance. No matter how much I try and pray. The good lord won't bless me.

Wow , you giving up. My son is a college graduate with to degrees , he's never been in any trouble he applied for 3 good jobs, shot down on all three. He said dad I do everything right and still get nothing. I told him keep doing the right thing god sees you and when you get where he wants you you'll be in. Sometimes you on the right road you just made the wrong stop, keep going you'll be alright positive and faith is happiness,review mean review not disqualified.

To everybody it's a bus driver job, don't go crazy it's better things out here. We trying to get in and they can't wait to get out. I work for private santation I make 30.27 a hour full benefits paid vacation been here for 9 years only thing suck is our pension if I make it I'll losing so much thinking is this headache worth it dealing with people all day who knows but if I don't I look at it this way, I guess that wasn't the right stop because I know I'm on the right road.

If its not on my abstract why should I bother?

I notice ppl earlier saying dont make something outta nothing. If it isnt there dont talk about it....

I dont even remember the dates of them off hand and 1 definitely wasnt my fault while other can look my fault.

Honestly I think you should put it. Last January my car was parked in a parking lot and a pickup truck hit my car's bumper. Wasn't on my license and was $903 damage. But truthfully put it on Especially if a police report was filed. I put it on my application because I didn't want to take a chance. And my car was parked and that's no way my fault. And they have your abstract so it doesn't show up anyways. But if a police report was filed, and the MTA finds out and you hid it from them, it's good bye. One thing they do not tolerate is things being hidden from them.

If you can, put it. Honesty is a lot better than hiding it, that's why I put it. Besides, if you were sideswiped, no way they should hold that against you Especially if it's not on the abstract.

Good luck!

Honestly I think you should put it. Last January my car was parked in a parking lot and a pickup truck hit my car's bumper. Wasn't on my license and was $903 damage. But truthfully put it on Especially if a police report was filed. I put it on my application because I didn't want to take a chance. And my car was parked and that's no way my fault. And they have your abstract so it doesn't show up anyways. But if a police report was filed, and the MTA finds out and you hid it from them, it's good bye. One thing they do not tolerate is things being hidden from them.

If you can, put it. Honesty is a lot better than hiding it, that's why I put it. Besides, if you were sideswiped, no way they should hold that against you Especially if it's not on the abstract.

Good luck!

U bring up a good point. It wasnt a head on or t bone...was a sideswipe. I only had 2....guess I reached the max

Archived