Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

THANKS SNOWAY!!!! :-) Got the yellow letter in the mail on January 7th. to take the 2613 exam on January 26th, 9:02am at Franklin D Roosevelt High School. I've been studying and taking tests from this bus operator exam book by TLC (The Learning Center). I'm hoping it's a good book to study from. If anyone has any information about it or any other book please feel free to let me know. By the way does anyone have any idea how many questions will be on this exam???

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
THANKS SNOWAY!!!! :-) Got the yellow letter in the mail on January 7th. to take the 2613 exam on January 26th, 9:02am at Franklin D Roosevelt High School. I've been studying and taking tests from this bus operator exam book by TLC (The Learning Center). I'm hoping it's a good book to study from. If anyone has any information about it or any other book please feel free to let me know. By the way does anyone have any idea how many questions will be on this exam???

80 Questions, Multiple Choice.

Hello everyone..... I received my letter the day after christmas and is currently a 7 year CDL B driver with passenger end. Been driving trucks for 10 years and is 30 years old... Supreme knowledge of New York routes and is so ready for this exam. My best advice for everone is to get your CDL as soon as possible. once i got mines, i never was unemployed and continuously found opportunities. The MTA is a very good opportunity that I jumped on the minute the application was online.

80 Questions, Multiple Choice.
Thanks YoungNYCSubwayFan.... so its 3 hours for 80 multiple choice questions. That should be a good amount of time. I was concerned with the time allotted. I know it is 3 hours but I didn't know how many questions are on this test. I don't care for those tests that squeeze you for time and then you have to start guessing in the end. I would you believe 3 hours should be enough time for 80 questions.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="georgebaron" data-cid="631573" data-time="1358018577"><p>

Anyone take the written bus operator's exam (#2613) today? Why separate lines for different color exam notices? What's with the different colored sheets anyway? Just curious.....</p></blockquote>

That's what I wanted to know too. I'm wondering if it has to do with what borough you live in, or maybe at what point we filed for the exam. I don't know.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="georgebaron" data-cid="631573" data-time="1358018577"><p>

Anyone take the written bus operator's exam (#2613) today? Why separate lines for different color exam notices? What's with the different colored sheets anyway? Just curious.....</p></blockquote>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="mtabus92" data-cid="626930" data-time="1356985570"><p>

I receive my letter today</p></blockquote>

When did you take the test?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="mtabus92" data-cid="626930" data-time="1356985570"><p>

I receive my letter today</p></blockquote>

When did you take the test?

Today, Saturday, 01-12-2013, at Washington Irving High School in Manhattan. Long lines. Lines supposed to be divided according to the color of the exam notice they sent you, resulting in some confusion. I have no idea why they did this. I was hoping someone would know.

Well I got my CDL B end with restrictions. People are saying read the CDL manual which I have been. I also thought someone said a few sections to read like sections 1,5 & 10. Does anyone know which ones they should focus on ? And I know POI's but any other value info? I'm taking the test the 26th 9:05am and I also have the yellow colored letter.

Does anybody who just took the exam remember any questions or what type of questions are on this exam - poi, maps, math, ect...   every little bit can help -    thanks

Does anybody who just took the exam remember any questions or what type of questions are on this exam - poi, maps, math, ect...   every little bit can help -    thanks

I don't think you'll get too many responses to you question.  This is, after all, a competetive examination.  Providing you with that information could give you an unfair advantage over those who already took the exam.  However, I do wish you good luck on the test!

I guess i believe in karma- I help people out with the same business i have- like getting started and how to go about it in a way they can make money and they do end up making money that i could have made. but that becomes pocket change in the long run because i still will make 10 times more then what i helped them with thats called good karma. :D  

I took the exam last week. I do remember some of the questions but I don't know if you're going to have the same one.

1. What is the speed limit in New York City if there is no speed limit sing posted anywhere. A) 15 B) 25 C) 30 D) 40

2. Where is the Empire State Building located?

3. Where is Madison Square Garden located?

4. What is the color light for emergency vehicle? A) Red B) Blue C) Yellow D) Amber

5. What does the red flashing means?

6. What color are the signs on the highway for the service area? A) Blue with white letters B) Yellow with white letters C) Green with Black letters D) Black with white letters

7. Which Zoo is the biggest Zoo in New York City?

8. Where is Todt Hill located? answer: Staten Island

9. Where is great kills park located? answer: Staten Island

Also try to understand the timetable and the map.

This is what I remember so far. If more questions comes up in my head ill write them here. Good luck to everyone.

I took the exam last week. I do remember some of the questions but I don't know if you're going to have the same one.

1. What is the speed limit in New York City if there is no speed limit sing posted anywhere. A) 15 B) 25 C) 30 D) 40

2. Where is the Empire State Building located?

3. Where is Madison Square Garden located?

4. What is the color light for emergency vehicle? A) Red B) Blue C) Yellow D) Amber

5. What does the red flashing means?

6. What color are the signs on the highway for the service area? A) Blue with white letters B) Yellow with white letters C) Green with Black letters D) Black with white letters

7. Which Zoo is the biggest Zoo in New York City?

8. Where is Todt Hill located? answer: Staten Island

9. Where is great kills park located? answer: Staten Island

Also try to understand the timetable and the map.

This is what I remember so far. If more questions comes up in my head ill write them here. Good luck to everyone.

UPDATE

10. How far away are you suppose to park the bus from the curb? 

11. How far away are you suppose to park the bus from the intersection?

12. If you're driving at night with high beam, in how many feet are you suppose to switch to low beam? A) 100 ft B) 200 ft C) 300 ft D) 400 ft

Archived