Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

With my case being reviewed I'm so discouraged and not feeling good at all. It's so depressing. It's a shame cause I tried so hard to turn my life around. I scored 90% on the exam, have a cdl class A, and a great list number. I had a feeling I was going to run into a bump. Every stage of my life is like this, even before I had misdemeanors. I don't get it? There are people who have felonies and been to prison getting jobs with the city and most everywhere. Society just won't give me a chance. No matter how much I try and pray. The good lord won't bless me.

Caveman,

Please do not give up. It's under review because of your past yes. But they haven't disqualified you. Honestly, I haven't ever had a criminal record or anything like that, but I've made many mistakes in my life. When I got that letter from the MTA I really feel God made a path for me.

You just have to keep faith in God because honestly, we are all being tested in life, You are being tested right now, and look, hopefully with God's will, they will have good news for you. I got that letter and I mean this, something in me just clicked, like a light finally went on in me. I'm now trying to be the best person possible.Just have faith in the good Lord. If you are turning your life around, God will see that. I know it's disheartening right now, but stay strong man, you will be ok.

You know, we are all here, you can talk to anyone on here, I can tell we all care on this forum. Just hope for the best, and everything goes alright.

U bring up a good point. It wasnt a head on or t bone...was a sideswipe. I only had 2....guess I reached the max

Yeah you should be alright. And the key is it's not on your abstract. BUT.......Think of all this as an exam. The MTA could be testing you to see how honest you are. If you had an accident in the last 3 years, wasn't your fault, put it. You just do not want them coming back to you and saying we saw that you had an accident even though it's not on the abstract, and it was being hidden. Don't worry you will be ok.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Stylus850,

I've been there today too. Checked In 7:05. Checked Out 12:30.

We gotta wait 2-90 days. Whatever that means.

4 points OR more don't even bother. Automatic disqualification. Anything pending gotta be resolved otherwise they gonna put youon hold UNTIL its gonna be resolved.

hey singuy!

God willing we get there within the next couple of weeks. I am just going to wait patiently.

One guy I was talking to, hen applied last year, like the rest of us, never even went to get his Permit! Is that an automatic disqualification too? Or do they give him more time to get the Permit?

And yes glad I have no pending tickets.

Any charge or any conviction ?

Sorry about that I meant any conviction. And yes list any charge if any is pending.

From the website

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/accident.htm

If you are in an accident, you are required by the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law to stop and exchange information with the involved drivers. If the accident caused property damage only, then exchange information about your driver license, insurance, and registration with the involved drivers. If a parked vehicle or other property is damaged, or if a domestic animal is injured, you must locate the owner or contact the police.

If the property damage of any person is $1,001 or more, all the involved drivers are required by the NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law to file form MV-104 (Report of Motor Vehicle Accident). File form MV-104 with the DMV no more than 10 days after the accident. The DMV can suspend your driver license if you fail to report an accident.

Thats great info I never knew that about accidents but if it was me I would put it on the app especially if the police came to the scene and made a report.

By the way, are any of you guys also going for the 3101 Exam next Saturday?

I will be there you cant keep all your eggs in one basket

Wow , you giving up. My son is a college graduate with to degrees , he's never been in any trouble he applied for 3 good jobs, shot down on all three. He said dad I do everything right and still get nothing. I told him keep doing the right thing god sees you and when you get where he wants you you'll be in. Sometimes you on the right road you just made the wrong stop, keep going you'll be alright positive and faith is happiness,review mean review not disqualified.

To everybody it's a bus driver job, don't go crazy it's better things out here. We trying to get in and they can't wait to get out. I work for private santation I make 30.27 a hour full benefits paid vacation been here for 9 years only thing suck is our pension if I make it I'll losing so much thinking is this headache worth it dealing with people all day who knows but if I don't I look at it this way, I guess that wasn't the right stop because I know I'm on the right road.

Caveman,

Please do not give up. It's under review because of your past yes. But they haven't disqualified you. Honestly, I haven't ever had a criminal record or anything like that, but I've made many mistakes in my life. When I got that letter from the MTA I really feel God made a path for me.

You just have to keep faith in God because honestly, we are all being tested in life, You are being tested right now, and look, hopefully with God's will, they will have good news for you. I got that letter and I mean this, something in me just clicked, like a light finally went on in me. I'm now trying to be the best person possible.Just have faith in the good Lord. If you are turning your life around, God will see that. I know it's disheartening right now, but stay strong man, you will be ok.

You know, we are all here, you can talk to anyone on here, I can tell we all care on this forum. Just hope for the best, and everything goes alright.

Yeah you should be alright. And the key is it's not on your abstract. BUT.......Think of all this as an exam. The MTA could be testing you to see how honest you are. If you had an accident in the last 3 years, wasn't your fault, put it. You just do not want them coming back to you and saying we saw that you had an accident even though it's not on the abstract, and it was being hidden. Don't worry you will be ok.

sStylus850 and Troop. I want to give personal thanks to the both of you for your encouragement and lifting me up. It's great to know that you guys cared enough. Pray for me please. I wish you both well. You guys deserve the opportunities you seek. God Bless!

What ticks me off is that if u have pending violations they want them paid. I pled not guilty on a failure to signal ticket and have to go to DMV court 11/27 but I report for the MTA tomorrow. I can beat this ticket because its BS, failure to signal meanwhile the cop said I signaled but it was too late. These cops on Staten Island are scumbags, I told the cop I expect to hear from the MTA for a job very soon and that I really need to keep my license clean and that I haven't had a moving violation in 10 years...he still comes back with a ticket. Meanwhile I was in my company vehicle I was working and in Park Hill, u mean there isn't a worse crime over there that u could be preventing? Now I'm in a tough spot because do not want to pay the city/state whoever the hell gets this money ($138 ) because I believe I can beat the ticket, I wish my court date was before I report.....

What ticks me off is that if u have pending violations they want them paid. I pled not guilty on a failure to signal ticket and have to go to DMV court 11/27 but I report for the MTA tomorrow. I can beat this ticket because its BS, failure to signal meanwhile the cop said I signaled but it was too late. These cops on Staten Island are scumbags, I told the cop I expect to hear from the MTA for a job very soon and that I really need to keep my license clean and that I haven't had a moving violation in 10 years...he still comes back with a ticket. Meanwhile I was in my company vehicle I was working and in Park Hill, u mean there isn't a worse crime over there that u could be preventing? Now I'm in a tough spot because do not want to pay the city/state whoever the hell gets this money ($138 ) because I believe I can beat the ticket, I wish my court date was before I report.....

Dude u should have requested to move the date up. I had a left lane violation ticket because I had my bus in left lane to dodge a car almost falling off an auto carrier....CT State Trooper didnt care n still wrote me a ticket. I called and had my date moved up from 1/2014 to last week....after witness accounts...charges dropped

nycpip6,

I would fight that ticket If you don't have any points. That ticket will give you 2 points and it will stay on your record for 36-48 Month. And if your planing to become a  B/O you can only have 4 points. So if you get them 2 points already.  You need to stay clean because if you get hit with a 3 or 4 points ticket your done.

nycpip6,

I would fight that ticket If you don't have any points. That ticket will give you 2 points and it will stay on your record for 36-48 Month. And if your planing to become a B/O you can only have 4 points. So if you get them 2 points already. You need to stay clean because if you get hit

with a 3 or 4 points ticket your done.

What about pending violations though?

sStylus850 and Troop. I want to give personal thanks to the both of you for your encouragement and lifting me up. It's great to know that you guys cared enough. Pray for me please. I wish you both well. You guys deserve the opportunities you seek. God Bless!

Anytime caveman! I'm sure things will work out for the best. Are you going for the 3101 exam? That is another chance as well, so the chances are there, hopefully it all works out.

Be well!

@nycpips he's telling u to fight that pending tickets. Don't plead guilty b4 the judge makes a decision. Cuz if u go into the job with 2 pts & get another moving violation within 4 years on the job u could be terminated for having more than 4 pts.

WOW! Normally I would say just pay it, but that was total BS! I would fight that ticket, this was a cop who was a complete jackass who has no regard for anything. Take him to court and tell the judge what he did. You signaled but it was too late, what kind of crap is that?? I got a cell phone ticket and I was stupid I did not fight it, I ended getting 3 point on my license, Now I have to be super careful. I'm usually very good with driving so I am not worried, but man, fight it! That's just wrong.

Anytime caveman! I'm sure things will work out for the best. Are you going for the 3101 exam? That is another chance as well, so the chances are there, hopefully it all works out.

Be well!

Hopefully he gets thru with the investigation. But if he don't it's gonna be the same outcome with the 3101 exam because it's the same ppl doing the investigations for all exams for mta.

Hi guys! Hope you all had a great weekend.

I have a question, I need help......I went for pre-employment last week, and I got the 21 page booklet.

However, there is one question I am confused with.

#12. Are you a nonresident of NYC who is not required to move into NYC?  

I live in Long Island. It says if I answer yes, I must provide complete details specifying date, agency, reason, Disposition, etc.

So does that mean I am going to be required to move into NYC if appointed? I mean, if so I will definitely move, I mean I grew up in Brooklyn anyways, but any help would be greatly appreciated, Do I put Y or N?

Thanks guys!

Hopefully he gets thru with the investigation. But if he don't it's gonna be the same outcome with the 3101 exam because it's the same ppl doing the investigations for all exams for mta.

Yeah I hope so too Dre. Honestly everyone deserves a second chance. But you just have to leave it to God, and of course to the MTA. Everything happens for a reason.

@nycpips he's telling u to fight that pending tickets. Don't plead guilty b4 the judge makes a decision. Cuz if u go into the job with 2 pts & get another moving violation within 4 years on the job u could be terminated for having more than 4 pts.

I will fight the ticket.  I then put that down on my application, they better not put me on hold to see what happens at court, that would be ridiculous because the worst thing that could happen is I get 2 points. 

I have a question, I need help......I went for pre-employment last week, and I got the 21 page booklet.

#12. Are you a nonresident of NYC who is not required to move into NYC?

I live in Long Island. It says if I answer yes, I must provide complete details specifying date, agency, reason, Disposition, etc.

So does that mean I am going to be required to move into NYC if appointed? I mean, if so I will definitely move, I mean I grew up in Brooklyn anyways, but any help would be greatly appreciated, Do I put Y or N?

Thanks guys!

I would answer "yes". Because u don't live in NYC & you're not required to move into NYC.

When mta mailed u ya pre employment letter was it to the Long Island address?

#12. Are you a nonresident of NYC who is not required to move into NYC?

I live in Long Island. It says if I answer yes, I must provide complete details specifying date, agency, reason, Disposition, etc.

Thanks guys!

I would answer "yes". Because u don't live in NYC & you're not required to move into NYC.

When mta mailed u ya pre employment letter was it to the Long Island address?

Was mailed to the Long Island address, it's a very confusing question....because I was reading in the booklet you might have to move after one year if appointed..... But I'll read it closer maybe I misread it....I'll put yes because on the notice of examination they stated you aren't required to move into NYC

Archived