Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

I still havent received a letter from DCAS but when i called the DCAS hotline i found out i was list number 771 (scored 83.75). Has anybody received a letter with results that was not called in to 180 livingston. I already have a Class B permit with passenger & airbreak endorsements so im just waiting. This forum has been very helpful by keeping me in the loop. Good luck to all...

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your drug test is only good for 30 days after that you have to take it again they not going to keep giving drug test to the same people so you will be called for medical before 30days if you pass you get date 4 clas

That makes sense those tests arent cheap. How did your test go....I didnt do the breathalyzer but I saw a motor(wo)man doing one.

I like how the tech made me do all the urine sample stuff....theres no room for error or thoughts of someone tampering with it.

That makes sense those tests arent cheap. How did your test go....I didnt do the breathalyzer but I saw a motor(wo)man doing one.

I like how the tech made me do all the urine sample stuff....theres no room for error or thoughts of someone tampering with it.

Breath analyzer test is for those who's hired and already working.

Like, they take you off the route and bring you to the test.  

Like, they take you off the route and bring you to the test.  

They bring you to the test? I know someone who worked out of 207th Street for 39 years and he was told to either go to the nearby clinic or go to 180 Livingston Street for random drug testing. I don't think the company physically brings you to the test, like with car service.

In addition, I was talking to a Bus Operator one day and he told me the same thing.

Now, if the Bus Operator gets involved in an accident, that's one thing. But just for random drug testing, the MTA physically brings you to the test, or are you told to go down and perform the test?

They bring you to the test? I know someone who worked out of 207th Street for 39 years and he was told to either go to the nearby clinic or go to 180 Livingston Street for random drug testing. I don't think the company physically brings you to the test, like with car service.

In addition, I was talking to a Bus Operator one day and he told me the same thing.

Now, if the Bus Operator gets involved in an accident, that's one thing. But just for random drug testing, the MTA physically brings you to the test, or are you told to go down and perform the test?

Yes they do bring u. The dispatcher takes your ass to 180 in that white and blue stripe prius or camry

A friend of mine unfortunately got into an accident and thats what happened

Yes they do bring u. The dispatcher takes your ass to 180 in that white and blue stripe prius or camry

Yes, they bring you. That's the point. Most of the cases its a Camry (or Prius), but friend of mine who is in Flatbush Depot says they may put you in Black car (car service). Now, as of testing sites he mentioned JFK. And I've been there gazillion number of times for random. So I don't worry about drug test results.

Picture this. After driving all day, 10-12 hours, you bring bus back to base (Staten Island, Mariners Harbor) and there Road Sup, who is taking all the way to JFK for pee test. Not bad for OT.

I'm not surprised...whether it is your fault or not.

Yes, they bring you. That's the point. Most of the cases its a Camry (or Prius), but friend of mine who is in Flatbush Depot says they may put you in Black car (car service). Now, as of testing sites he mentioned JFK. And I've been there gazillion number of times for random. So I don't worry about drug test results.

Picture this. After driving all day, 10-12 hours, you bring bus back to base (Staten Island, Mariners Harbor) and there Road Sup, who is taking all the way to JFK for pee test. Not bad for OT.

Car service? And being paid overtime too? Not bad at all...

Long day 4 me, this maybe brings a little comfort to other in my situation. I got in trouble when I was young which landed me with a felony for possession of drugs. I was giving 5 years of probation. 24 years later I'm at mta trying to become a bus operator. I was called up, no pts on license,no accidents just this disposition of this felony haunting me. All of my papers went through until the background paper came up , the rep ask did I have the disposition I said yes, gave it to him,now he says whenever there is a disposition it has to get reviewed. He tells me to sit back down I have to wait, then 15 minutes later he calls me up and says go take the drug test. So I'm thinking so far so good,maybe I'll get a shot but still worried. Most of us have kids let them know whatever you do young can hurt you later in life.

I had a disposition too, had to sit back down for the review. They don't send you for the drug test if there is anything that will DQ you I heard that from 2 people at the office. Took the drug test, now just waiting and getting paperwork in order - you're good to go.

I had a disposition too, had to sit back down for the review. They don't send you for the drug test if there is anything that will DQ you I heard that from 2 people at the office. Took the drug test, now just waiting and getting paperwork in order - you're good to go.

It's sad to say but it looks like 64cavemen won't get the job. Cuz he was in the same situation as y'all but was told he will get a phone call or a letter. Y'all was able to take the drug test after the review.

It's sad to say but it looks like 64cavemen won't get the job. Cuz he was in the same situation as y'all but was told he will get a phone call or a letter. Y'all was able to take the drug test after the review.

Might of just needed to be reviewed by someone higher up. It ain't over til its over.

Reviewed by a supreme a judge? 180 Livingston is mta headquarters. I'm sure that higher person is the one that looks at all dispositions.

Reviewed by a supreme a judge? 180 Livingston is mta headquarters. I'm sure that higher person is the one that looks at all dispositions.

Guys,

I don't remember if I mentioned this before.

There was a one guy in my AAR division,who was hired as a driver and then when he was already driving for like 6-8 months something came up what he did like 15 years ago. Some minor (non violent) like possession. They took him off and he was not driving since then. He could do anything else but driving.

Guys,

I don't remember if I mentioned this before.

There was a one guy in my AAR division,who was hired as a driver and then when he was already driving for like 6-8 months something came up what he did like 15 years ago. Some minor (non violent) like possession. They took him off and he was not driving since then. He could do anything else but driving.

That's why you must disclose EVERYTHING and you will be ok a train conductor I know was working for a year and one day he was called to go to livingston because of a felony charge that popped up he let them know he told them about it they reviewed his paper work and he was good to go.

So I guess all this court papers wasn't good enough. The mta got someone to investigate his case to find all the things he already told them upfront. It's been a week already, let me guess they still investigating his case. A federal background check don't take that long.

So I guess all this court papers wasn't good enough. The mta got someone to investigate his case to find all the things he already told them upfront. It's been a week already, let me guess they still investigating his case. A federal background check don't take that long.

Fed background checks take forever

I really can't say. All I know is that I put down everything I could possibly have except something that is on a STET docket (its not a conviction) look up what a STET docket is. It should not be necessary to list since its not a conviction. Anyhow along with the dispositions I also handed in 8 Certificates of Relief. I have nothing pending. All of my crimes were misdemeanors excepte for one 1997 marijuana possession with intent 3rd degree. That was 16 years ago. Now if TA gives people with felony convictions a chance then I can't see why they should shoot me down? I have no crazy crimes that's disqualifying. They hired guys who have felony robbery on their jacket. My crimes don't come even close to that level.

Fed background checks take forever

No it don't. I'm a school bus driver & my background check for the 19a only took a few business days.

I really can't say. All I know is that I put down everything I could possibly have except something that is on a STET docket (its not a conviction) look up what a STET docket is. It should not be necessary to list since its not a conviction. Anyhow along with the dispositions I also handed in 8 Certificates of Relief. I have nothing pending. All of my crimes were misdemeanors excepte for one 1997 marijuana possession with intent 3rd degree. That was 16 years ago. Now if TA gives people with felony convictions a chance then I can't see why they should shoot me down? I have no crazy crimes that's disqualifying. They hired guys who have felony robbery on their jacket. My crimes don't come even close to that level.

They prob looking at the amount of times u been locked up. The ppl with a felony prob only been arrested once & learned they lesson.

No it don't. I'm a school bus driver & my background check for the 19a only took a few business days.They prob looking at the amount of times u been locked up. The ppl with a felony prob only been arrested once & learned they lesson.

I've done a lot to turn things around if you read an earlier post I put up you can see all the classes took and certificates I've earned and a completion of the RWA program as well. What you may see on paper does not make or add to the person I am. I'm a person worth giving a chance. Being that I've been through all my hardships I'm probably the one most hungry and needing this opportunity. I know this and God knows it even more. This is not a bible lesson but look at all the sinners whom have been anointed by God.

I just spoke with Human Resource and I was told a decision has not yet been made its still under review. I don't know what to make of it except that I haven't been scrapped to this point. To look at a brighter side I'm saying to myself there is hope. I can only put this in God's hands. I've done my part.

No it don't. I'm a school bus driver & my background check for the 19a only took a few business days.They prob looking at the amount of times u been locked up. The ppl with a felony prob only been arrested once & learned they lesson.

I have been through a 19A background check with Access A Ride last year and became certified to drive a school bus as well. I'm 19A certified. Like I said I got a good amount of misdemeanors. Some going way back in the early 80's and 90's. I spent days in jail not years. There ain't no crazy s**t on my record.

Archived