Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Hunterxp1

Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

I took the exam last week. I do remember some of the questions but I don't know if you're going to have the same one.

1. What is the speed limit in New York City if there is no speed limit sing posted anywhere. A) 15 B) 25 C) 30 D) 40

2. Where is the Empire State Building located?

3. Where is Madison Square Garden located?

4. What is the color light for emergency vehicle? A) Red B) Blue C) Yellow D) Amber

5. What does the red flashing means?

6. What color are the signs on the highway for the service area? A) Blue with white letters B) Yellow with white letters C) Green with Black letters D) Black with white letters

7. Which Zoo is the biggest Zoo in New York City?

8. Where is Todt Hill located? answer: Staten Island

9. Where is great kills park located? answer: Staten Island

Also try to understand the timetable and the map.

This is what I remember so far. If more questions comes up in my head ill write them here. Good luck to everyone.

UPDATE

10. How far away are you suppose to park the bus from the curb? 

11. How far away are you suppose to park the bus from the intersection?

12. If you're driving at night with high beam, in how many feet are you suppose to switch to low beam? A) 100 ft B) 200 ft C) 300 ft D) 400 ft

Mind I ask what the answer to #12 is? Just curious, cause I was unsure of this on the exam...

I lost the information for the 2613 Class. I have the email address but they're not getting back to me could someone provide me with the address and the time and date for this class PLEASE. thank you

"This e-mail is to inform you that we will be holding a 1 day class in Queens on January 19th 2013 at Christ Lutheran Center 85-15 101 Ave South Ozone Park for the Bus Operator Exam # 2613

Doors open at 9am for registration into the class. Cost $60.00 Class starts at 10am till 4pm

For anyone who thinks they need more instruction there will be a 3 hour class on Thursday Jan 24th 2013, starting at 4pm. The cost will be $30.00 More information on this class will be given at the Saturday class.

Thank you,

Empire Exam Services"

"This e-mail is to inform you that we will be holding a 1 day class in Queens on January 19th 2013 at Christ Lutheran Center 85-15 101 Ave South Ozone Park for the Bus Operator Exam # 2613Doors open at 9am for registration into the class. Cost $60.00 Class starts at 10am till 4pmFor anyone who thinks they need more instruction there will be a 3 hour class on Thursday Jan 24th 2013, starting at 4pm. The cost will be $30.00 More information on this class will be given at the Saturday class. Thank you,Empire Exam Services"
Young your the best...Thanks!

Hey guys not for nothing but this forum is open to everyone which means there could be mta bosses on here watching what peeps write and discuss on here. That being said I'm not sure it's a good idea writing what questions were on the test. Not sure what the mta boss response to that would be. First thing u should learn when it comes to the mta is to CYA! Cover Your Ass. With that being said good luck to all of you

took the exam today at FDR High School in Brooklyn i live in staten island and had a white Letter. everyone else in my exam room also had a white letter. with that being said the test was pretty simple and straight forward mostly common sense and some traffic questions reading comprehension and scenario questions. i studied for this test with a book that was refered to me from someone who is already a bus operator for the mta he said the book helped him out alot ill be honest it helped a little bit but i really didnt need to study that book. i already posses my cdl class b with passenger endorsement, and from what ive herd your best bet is to already have your cdl by the time you get called. anyways the test was pretty easy in my opinion. if you have been driving for a while and have good knowledge of the nyc area, nyc neighborhhoods, and basic traffic rules and sign reading you should do fine. good luck to everyone

Guest mtabus92

How long it would take to get back our results?

How long it would take to get back our results?

Well, it will take 6 months to produce the list - so figure by July/August. However, if you want to know your score, the Proposed Answer Key will be available online at mta.info on February 28th**. Therefore, if you noted your answers on the "Candidate's Personal Record of Answers" sheet, you can compare them to what is online in about a  month.

**I took the exam on January 12th - for those who took the exam yesterday, your proposed answer key may not be on the site for another 2 weeks after February 28th.

Edited by YoungNYCSubwayFan
  • Upvote 1

@ youngnycsubwayfan oh ok thank u.

You're welcome. If you need anything else - don't be afraid to post it. If it's personal and/or private question - feel free to send me a PM.

• Upvote 1

I guessed on 2 or 3 questions. I got atleast 1 wrong. i didn't know that Lincoln center was on Columbus ave. I still have the Track Worker exam # 3600 to look forward to in March.

I guessed on 2 or 3 questions. I got atleast 1 wrong. i didn't know that Lincoln center was on Columbus ave. I still have the Track Worker exam # 3600 to look forward to in March.

Lincoln Center is on Columbus Avenue BUT....if I could remember right Columbus Avenue was not a choice on the test. The closest choice to that question (location) was Broadway which is the one I selected. I'm hoping I got it right! I could almost swear Columbus Avenue was not a choice on ABC or D. I believe I'm right because I was looking for Columbus Avenue as the choice answer but I'm only human and I could have ever errored. Edited by 64cavemen

Lincoln Center is on Columbus Avenue BUT....if I could remember right Columbus Avenue was not a choice on the test. The closest choice to that question (location) was Broadway which is the one I selected. I'm hoping I got it right! I could almost swear Columbus Avenue was not a choice on ABC or D. I believe I'm right because I was looking for Columbus Avenue as the choice answer but I'm only human and I could have ever errored.

I don't know if everyone had the same questions and answers, but Columbus ave. was a choice on my test. I also picked B'way.

• Upvote 1

My test seem to have been made by someone who either lives or resides in staten island or jersey...I got questions like which 2 parks and which 2 cities are located in staten island....also got a question asking me how far from a intersection or crosswalk your allowed to park to be honest I never knew bcuz ny doesnt enforce it the way nj does....and the real stumper for me was what does a blinking yellow "X" mean?...I have been driving for 8 years I have never encountered a blinking yellow X before (btw it means left turn only in this lane) I dont feel I did well a lot of those road regulation questions there answers are only found in the standard drivers manual not the cdl i believe i got about 8 questions wrong.

Edited by IronboundNJT
  • Upvote 1

I don't know if everyone had the same questions and answers, but Columbus ave. was a choice on my test. I also picked B'way.

ok I can't recall everything on the test but you're probably right about Columbus Avenue being one of the choices and the reason being I opted to pick Broadway is because I believe it was another area or part of Columbus Avenue other than the area around Lincoln Center that was associated with the choice. So I went with Broadway. this kind of makes sense because I think they were trying to trick people into just picking/making the Columbus Avenue choice. Edited by 64cavemen

My test seem to have been made by someone who either lives or resides in staten island or jersey...I got questions like which 2 parks and which 2 cities are located in staten island....also got a question asking me how far from a intersection or crosswalk your allowed to park to be honest I never knew bcuz ny doesnt enforce it the way nj does....and the real stumper for me was what does a blinking yellow "X" mean?...I have been driving for 8 years I have never encountered a blinking yellow X before (btw it means left turn only in this lane) I dont feel I did well a lot of those road regulation questions there answers are only found in the standard drivers manual not the cdl i believe i got about 8 questions wrong.

this was a trick one as well if your not familiar New York City traffic law. The distance you are suppose to park from the crosswalk is 20 feet. Although some parts of New York City still have meters closer than 20 feet from the crosswalk. Go figure! As far as the flashing yellow X it means get out of this lane. I learn these things when I took the six hour class. Edited by 64cavemen

this was a trick one as well if your not familiar New York City traffic law. The distance you are suppose to park from the crosswalk is 20 feet. Although some parts of New York City still have meters closer than 20 feet from the crosswalk. Go figure! As far as the flashing yellow X it means get out of this lane. I learn these things when I took the six hour class.

Steady yellow X means get out the lane the blinking yellow X means left turns only. Again Ive never seen a blinking X when they want us out the lane Im use to the all familiar cones and the huge move over sign. the road regualtion part on the test i took was tricks galore the rest of test was a breeze

• Upvote 1

Steady yellow X means get out the lane the blinking yellow X means left turns only. Again Ive never seen a blinking X when they want us out the lane Im use to the all familiar cones and the huge move over sign. the road regualtion part on the test i took was tricks galore the rest of test was a breeze
looks like I might stand corrected. I didn't think of the difference between flashing yellow X and steady yellow X. Hmmm! hope I didn't get that one wrong. I'm hoping I didn't get any more than 6 wrong. at least that will still keep my score in the 90's

A flashing red light is the same as a stop sign. 

At an intersection, a flashing circular yellow means to take extra caution, and watch for traffic on.

so the Answer for the yellow flashing light is---> Proceed with caution or  drive caution  

A flashing red light is the same as a stop sign.  At an intersection, a flashing circular yellow means to take extra caution, and watch for traffic on.  so the Answer for the yellow flashing light is---> Proceed with caution or  drive caution  
Proceed with caution is the answer I gave to the flashing yellow light question as well. The flashing yellow X is for a left lane turn. The steady yellow x means to get out of this lane.

Whats up everyone new this forum I took the test on the 26 at fdr about what time frame are we looking at from test to atleast a letter in the mail asking are we still interested? 

also who pays more t.a or mabstoa for bus operater?

last one whats the difference between t.a and mabstoa?

I wish everyone good luck on the test to me it was pretty easy i think i did well i am an access a ride driver so im already 19a certified and most definitely ready for a career change :lol:

• Upvote 1

Proceed with caution is the answer I gave to the flashing yellow light question as well. The flashing yellow X is for a left lane turn. The steady yellow x means to get out of this lane.

i took mine in midwood hs jan 26

• Upvote 1