Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats up everyone new this forum I took the test on the 26 at fdr about what time frame are we looking at from test to atleast a letter in the mail asking are we still interested? also who pays more t.a or mabstoa for bus operater? last one whats the difference between t.a and mabstoa? I wish everyone good luck on the test to me it was pretty easy i think i did well i am an access a ride driver so im already 19a certified and most definitely ready for a career change :lol:

Wecome aboard DEE77.... I don't know when we're going to get any letters but if you copied your answers on a sheet that they gave us you will be able to check how well you did online on February 28th, and or after that date. As for who pays better they pay about (if not exactly). There is a possibility that you can make more hours with MABTSTOA but I believe TA has a better pension plan. Now the difference between the two is that MABSTOA is the division that serves Manhattan and the Bronx and is a bus company.(if I'm not mistaking that's part of MTA)....While TA actually is THE NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT ATHORITY which is a CIVIL SERVICE position and probably the best to work for out of the two. MTA is another division besides TA & MABSTOA. So generally there are 3 divisions.

Whats up everyone new this forum I took the test on the 26 at fdr about what time frame are we looking at from test to atleast a letter in the mail asking are we still interested? 

also who pays more t.a or mabstoa for bus operater?

last one whats the difference between t.a and mabstoa?

I wish everyone good luck on the test to me it was pretty easy i think i did well i am an access a ride driver so im already 19a certified and most definitely ready for a career change :lol:

As far as a letter in the mail is concerned, it will be at least six {6} months before the list is released. I am assuming at that time everyone will get a letter stating their score and list number. Now, as far as a letter in the mail asking us if we are still interested and/or to move on to the next step - well, it depends on how well you did on the exam. From what I was told, if your list number is less than 1,000, expect the agency to notify you within one year (aka 365 days). Other than that, it depends on how the hiring process goes. Therefore, the lower your list number, the sooner you will get notified. The higher your list number, the longer you will have to wait before you get notified.

Thanks alot for your responce caveman and young. So that means test #8006 list should be expiring soon since it was given in 2008.
Are you guys taking the mabstoa test?

From what I've read on here yeah the list should done this year they typically give their tests close the list expiration...I know I'm applying even tho its just like 2301 with the lottery and boss

From what I've read on here yeah the list should done this year they typically give their tests close the list expiration...I know I'm applying even tho its just like 2301 with the lottery and boss

Oh really I thought it would be a test so you can control your destiny not a big fan of the random selection process but you do what you gotta do.

Oh really I thought it would be a test so you can control your destiny not a big fan of the random selection process but you do what you gotta do.

Agreed i really wish theyd change this lottory system to something more impressionable im 14535 on 2301 for no reason other than being "unlucky" i guess

Whats up everyone new this forum I took the test on the 26 at fdr about what time frame are we looking at from test to atleast a letter in the mail asking are we still interested? 

also who pays more t.a or mabstoa for bus operater?

last one whats the difference between t.a and mabstoa?

I wish everyone good luck on the test to me it was pretty easy i think i did well i am an access a ride driver so im already 19a certified and most definitely ready for a career change :lol:

me 2 what company u work 4 i work 4 mvp

Columbus Transit

oh cool i`ll tell i`ve been doing it for 3 yrs not easy not enuff time 2 get 2 my calls on time and customers bitch about it 2 me

oh cool i`ll tell i`ve been doing it for 3 yrs not easy not enuff time 2 get 2 my calls on time and customers bitch about it 2 me

not enuff hours so i`m looking 2 go 2 academy 4 now until the mta calls me which i beat a traffic ticket

Customers are the worst been doing it for 2 years i just ignore them like im deaf and they shut up :lol:

i had 1 were i had to pull over and tell em look i don`t do the route the mta does so please call em and if u don`t come down i`ll call my road super and tell him that i have a passenger that is distracting me from driving i tell em that

no but feb 26 i gotta go 2 180 in brooklyn for 8006 nycta bus driver

no but i gotta go feb 26 2 180 in brookyln for 8006 nycta bus

Wow thats the test from 2008 and they just calling you now any way good luck man hope you get in so you can park that stess a ride.

So that means these test eligible list last longer than 4 years?

Wow thats the test from 2008 and they just calling you now any way good luck man hope you get in so you can park that stess a ride.

So that means these test eligible list last longer than 4 years?

the list was established in 2009 test was given in 2008

the list was established in 2009 test was given in 2008

i don`t listen 2 some passengers i say look i can`t be on there cause of weight restriction and i can get a ticket and pts on my lincese i let my passengers know

Archived