Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no but feb 26 i gotta go 2 180 in brooklyn for 8006 nycta bus driverno but i gotta go feb 26 2 180 in brookyln for 8006 nycta bus

Congratulations on this Igor! Hey if you can remember what was your list number for the 8006 exam and what was your test score if you don't mind my asking?

sure i`ll say it my list number is 3,514 test score is 71.25

Congratulations on this again to you Igor. I'm guessing this was not a bad list number with the 71.25% you scored. Was this 8006 a TA civil service exam? And do you know approximately when they began calling off that list after it was created? Thanks Igor. Your information gives a bit of tell what it may be like for this 2613 exam.

Congratulations on this again to you Igor. I'm guessing this was not a bad list number with the 71.25% you scored. Was this 8006 a TA civil service exam? And do you know approximately when they began calling off that list after it was created? Thanks Igor. Your information gives a bit of tell what it may be like for this 2613 exam.

i took 8006 in april of 2008 and that list was established in aug 2009 so i think they started call in jan 2010 or 2011 exam 2613 i`m not sure i don`t wanna give the wrong info

i took 8006 in april of 2008 and that list was established in aug 2009 so i think they started call in jan 2010 or 2011 exam 2613 i`m not sure i don`t wanna give the wrong info

8006 expries in aug 12 2013

The one thing that would trouble (worry) me most is the amount of misdemeanors that are on my record. There are many people who migjt say I should not worry so much about them as long as I tell the truth (which I intend to) but I've heard that story too many times and sure enough my multi misdemeanor record still has always come back to haunt me. I've been out of trouble the last few years since 2010 but it's something that always concerns me cause my multi misdemeanors has always knocked me out the box. It hurts especially cause I don't live like that anymore. I've made many adjustments to correct myself. I have one felony from 1997 which I'm not too worried about because it was a minor felony and such a while ago. I'm also going to Brooklyn criminal court April 19th because I've applied for Certificates of Relief. In hope of being granted the decision I'm hoping it helps some. But those are just my cases in Brooklyn only. I have several certificates of achievements to be proud of but society doesn't give a darn about any changes I've made cause they always look at the negatives that are on black and white. I also have a class A cdl with NPST endorsements since 11/2009 and have not been able to put it to any good use yet. I'm praying TA gives me the hope and chance that I need. I may get mixed feelings on what I disclosed here but at least I'm trying and found the courage to share this. Many prayers for me. I wish us all well.

The one thing that would trouble (worry) me most is the amount of misdemeanors that are on my record. There are many people who migjt say I should not worry so much about them as long as I tell the truth (which I intend to) but I've heard that story too many times and sure enough my multi misdemeanor record still has always come back to haunt me. I've been out of trouble the last few years since 2010 but it's something that always concerns me cause my multi misdemeanors has always knocked me out the box. It hurts especially cause I don't live like that anymore. I've made many adjustments to correct myself. I have one felony from 1997 which I'm not too worried about because it was a minor felony and such a while ago. I'm also going to Brooklyn criminal court April 19th because I've applied for Certificates of Relief. In hope of being granted the decision I'm hoping it helps some. But those are just my cases in Brooklyn only. I have several certificates of achievements to be proud of but society doesn't give a darn about any changes I've made cause they always look at the negatives that are on black and white. I also have a class A cdl with NPST endorsements since 11/2009 and have not been able to put it to any good use yet. I'm praying TA gives me the hope and chance that I need. I may get mixed feelings on what I disclosed here but at least I'm trying and found the courage to share this. Many prayers for me. I wish us all well.

Caveman i have misdemeanors to 1 in another state and guess what i work with access a  ride and guess who do the FBI background check on you to get that job its the MTA see if it was up to the individual company they would hire anybody who can drive. Access a ride has 17 different companys even tho we all look the same. As long as you didnt do anything to crazy you really should be good just list everything you have on your record. When they do the background check they dont care what you did they just want to see if anything on your record woould prevent you from getting 19a qualified, a certification that all NYC bus driver have to have in order to drive bus in NYS,even greyhound drivers have to be 19a qualified. If you look on line you can find out what charges that will disqualify you from being 19a certified. I know a train conductor who has an old gun charge felony and he has about 10 years left to retire. so just do some research

MAKE SURE YOU GET ALL YOUR   DISPOSITIONS   AND  SHOW THEM WHEN YOU GET TO  180 livingston 

Thanks Dee77... funny thing you mention Access A Ride. I've been trying to work for them too. In fact you probably would like hearing this story. Remember I quoted in my previous post about my record always coming back to haunt me? well in fact I went to Transcare Access A Ride and applied for the drivers position. The first deparent I dealt with was initially the training department. I was honest and I told them everything about my past criminal history. They said for to get my dispositions on on my cases. I then went back with all my dispositions and had me wait while they reviewed them. I sat and waited in anticipation and sweated it out before they came back to me and told me I could work with them. I was so happy I felt like I wanted to buy everyone lunch! They gave me an obstacle and a road test and a start date in October. I went to JFK airport. Passed the medical and drug test. I then started the class and was sent for the fingerprints for the 19a as well as taken a defensive driving class. I PASSED EVERYTHING! I completed the two weeks class then went out with the master for a simulated rout and then for the one on one driving with another trainer. Remember this! I got cleared for the FBI background for the 19a! Then I get a letter in the mail from a company named GSI who RED FLAGGEDE saying Transcare will not be going further with my employment! I notified Transcare. This decision came directly from GSI (how the heck can a company who simply does a background check make a decision for Transcare)? Well after all this...and me being the one to bring the letter to their attention (because I wanted to be clear and up front with them). The director of human resources (I forget her name) tells me that she'll bring my case up in the managers meeting. I showed her all my certificates and efforts I made to achieve accomplishments in turning my life around. She never brought me up at any managers meetings. She lied to me! And although the department that trained me vouched for me she directs one of the employees from this department to call me to tell me I can't work for Transcare. After I was hired, cleared the 19a and completed the training??? I felt so strongly what she did was wrong and probably illegal (conserning labor laws). I did nothing wrong from the day I was hired. I was actually very humble and grateful that I was finally getting an opportunity to get my first cdl job! Things like this always happen to me no matter how hard I try making effort to get my career as a driver started. So of course I feel little hope and feel very much haunted every time an opportunity surfaces. As much as I would absolutely love to drive the bus for TA I can't help to understand that there is going to be one person who will cut off my chance. No matter which route I go there's always that one person chopping me down!

Caveman i have misdemeanors to 1 in another state and guess what i work with access a  ride and guess who do the FBI background check on you to get that job its the MTA see if it was up to the individual company they would hire anybody who can drive. Access a ride has 17 different companys even tho we all look the same. As long as you didnt do anything to crazy you really should be good just list everything you have on your record. When they do the background check they dont care what you did they just want to see if anything on your record woould prevent you from getting 19a qualified, a certification that all NYC bus driver have to have in order to drive bus in NYS,even greyhound drivers have to be 19a qualified. If you look on line you can find out what charges that will disqualify you from being 19a certified. I know a train conductor who has an old gun charge felony and he has about 10 years left to retire. so just do some research

Thanks Dee77... funny thing you mention Access A Ride. I've been trying to work for them too. In fact you probably would like hearing this story. Remember I quoted in my previous post about my record always coming back to haunt me? well in fact I went to Transcare Access A Ride and applied for the drivers position. The first deparent I dealt with was initially the training department. I was honest and I told them everything about my past criminal history. They said for to get my dispositions on on my cases. I then went back with all my dispositions and had me wait while they reviewed them. I sat and waited in anticipation and sweated it out before they came back to me and told me I could work with them. I was so happy I felt like I wanted to buy everyone lunch! They gave me an obstacle and a road test and a start date in October. I went to JFK airport. Passed the medical and drug test. I then started the class and was sent for the fingerprints for the 19a as well as taken a defensive driving class. I PASSED EVERYTHING! I completed the two weeks class then went out with the master for a simulated rout and then for the one on one driving with another trainer. Remember this! I got cleared for the FBI background for the 19a! Then I get a letter in the mail from a company named GSI who RED FLAGGEDE saying Transcare will not be going further with my employment! I notified Transcare. This decision came directly from GSI (how the heck can a company who simply does a background check make a decision for Transcare)? Well after all this...and me being the one to bring the letter to their attention (because I wanted to be clear and up front with them). The director of human resources (I forget her name) tells me that she'll bring my case up in the managers meeting. I showed her all my certificates and efforts I made to achieve accomplishments in turning my life around. She never brought me up at any managers meetings. She lied to me! And although the department that trained me vouched for me she directs one of the employees from this department to call me to tell me I can't work for Transcare. After I was hired, cleared the 19a and completed the training??? I felt so strongly what she did was wrong and probably illegal (conserning labor laws). I did nothing wrong from the day I was hired. I was actually very humble and grateful that I was finally getting an opportunity to get my first cdl job! Things like this always happen to me no matter how hard I try making effort to get my career as a driver started. So of course I feel little hope and feel very much haunted every time an opportunity surfaces. As much as I would absolutely love to drive the bus for TA I can't help to understand that there is going to be one person who will cut off my chance. No matter which route I go there's always that one person chopping me down!

MAKE SURE YOU GET ALL YOUR DISPOSITIONS AND SHOW THEM WHEN YOU GET TO 180 livingston

MAKE SURE YOU GET ALL YOUR DISPOSITIONS AND SHOW THEM WHEN YOU GET TO 180 livingston

Thanks ILLMATTIC96SS... I got my dispositions from New York but not Florida. In fact I've applied for certificates of relief in Brooklyn and am to appear in front of the judge on April 19th for all my Brooklyn cases. I'm hoping the judge grants them to me. But this takes care of Brooklyn only. I need to contact Florida to see about getting the dispositions from that state. So far I am scheduled for certificates of relief in Brooklyn but probably won't be applying for certificates of relief everywhere. But I can have dispositions from the others at least. All my cases are midemeanors except for one 3rd degree felony for possession of marijuana with intent in New Jersey back in 1997 (16 years ago) My drivers license is clean except for one DUI in 1991 (22 years ago) my misdemeanors are the nature of simple possession of controlled substance, pettit larceny, trespassing and one resisting arrest. I have a few of the petite larceny. Which is the worst of my criminal record. Nothing major like severe criminal offenses. All petty stuff. But I've been keeping my p's & q's the last few years. Like I said...I realize how much this was hurting me and have made a great turn around! Anyone know how Certificates of Relief help or work to my advantage?

• 2 weeks later...

i just checked my answers are those the actual answers because if so i got 15 wrong and for me that sucks :(

No it doesn't...cheer up. If you got 15 wrong, at 1.25 points for each question, that means you got a 81.25 on the exam. I, myself got 9 wrong, so I believe I got a 88.75. However, my list number will be a little higher than yours, which means that I will probably get called sooner than you. Therefore, while you are waiting, find something to do, like maybe another full-time job for the next couple of years.

And don't forget to get that CDL permit as well!!

No it doesn't...cheer up. If you got 15 wrong, at 1.25 points for each question, that means you got a 81.25 on the exam. I, myself got 9 wrong, so I believe I got a 88.75. However, my list number will be a little higher than yours, which means that I will probably get called sooner than you. Therefore, while you are waiting, find something to do, like maybe another full-time job for the next couple of years.

And don't forget to get that CDL permit as well!!

Ok cool as far as CDL i got my class A with passenger endorsement but i was hoping to score at least in the 90's but its all good.

You guys are good in the 80's it's going to take from 2-4 years before you get called.

I'm personally hoping to get called sooner than that, however it all depends on that all-important list and the hiring needs of NYC Transit's Bus Division.

do yo  guys think i got a chance or not ?  

From reading other threads on this site, you may have a chance. If so, you will be on the bottom of the list and will not get called for 3 1/2 to 4 years.

Hey everyone!!!

I just joined this afternoon, I've been reading you guys post over the last couple months, just as anxious as most of you were for the results. As of right now I am a little confused because my proposed key answer for the 2613 test on jan 26th show that I only have 23 questions correct. I refuse to believe that is true. Leaving the test I felt as though that there were many questions that I second guessed, but 57!!! Jeez... Give me a break, I never expected to have performed that poorly... Anyway, so after beating myself up about the low score for about an hour I decided to compare my answers with the Jan 27th proposed key answers... Behold!!! This answer key shows that I only had 16 answers incorrect.. Basically I wanted to ask you guys what your thoughts are regarding this situation, is it possible that I am not the only one here that feels screwed, is it possible that MTA screwed up due to all the rescheduling test dates and make-up test dates?? Does anyone know of a person that actually took the 2613 test on the 27th?? My last thought was that maybe there wasn't really a 27th test date scheduled, but just two different tests given on the same day.. Idk, but I'll take any excuse at this point.

Thanks for reading.

Archived