Bus Operator Exam 2613 Questions

Hunterxp1

Sorry guys,

I don't get it...

What's the big deal?

Besides of course when you are in Atlanta...

Aren't they suppose to call you for Drug Test?

Or you go there on your own?

Yes, they do call you. We're just trying to figure out when it's going to happen, since we're so anxious...that's all.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would first like to thank everyone for their posts and comments.They all were very informative and at times helped alleviate a lot of stress,I'm sure some of your posts,saved quite a few from a swift kick in the ass! I was initially called for my drug test Nov. 5th,list # 98,imagine my shock and dismay when I read that someone with a list # of 160 had been called for a medical! In 2007 I was a casualty of the 1 in 3 rule (still not sure what that is,but sounds alot like eenie,meanie,miney mo),so I thought well here we go again.Well on Dec 2nd I finally received a call from H.R. to come retake my drug test on the 4th.The drug test is only valid for 30 days and would expire before I was appointed! Whew,finally some good news.Right, not! I received a call that same day,and was told I had to go to 1 Centre St and have my name restored to the eligible list! There was several people there whose names had also been removed from the list,no one had a clue as to why!!! Probably human error! Anyway yesterday I had my medical and was sworn in.The next class is SUNDAY,Dec 29th @ 0700,thats right I said sunday! If you're in doubt and the stress of the situation is becoming so unbearable that stray animals cross the street when they see you,call H.R.,they're only human and mistakes can be made!

by it starting on a Sunday that means day 10 of training is gonna be on a Friday instead of a Monday. That takes a lot of pressure off of day 10 ppl. They don't have to be down & out during the weekend leading up to day 10.

I honestly do not think this is true. The reason why is because, although these drug tests are mandatory, they do cost $$. I was recently talking to 'Brighton Local' via facebook about this, since he did recently become a T/O. He mentioned that he took two urine tests - one in May of 2013 and another in July of 2013. Two weeks after he took the second urine test, he took the physical/saw the doctor (8 to 9 hour day). A month after that, he started getting involved with schoolcar.

Therefore, I honestly do not think you have to come back 3 or 4 times to take the drug test. If you took it once in November, and you were negative (or clean), you are going to take it again very shortly before you go for the physical and the 10-day training. Like WannaBe said, MTA falls under DOT, so...

Mr. Young,

Are you still going for 4600 exam tomorrow?

There will be some snow...

I still deciding. All this controversy around processing making me think...

You don't think I am gonna make it worse OR complicate if fail or pass with lower score?

Mr. Young,

You don't think I am gonna make it worse OR complicate if fail or pass with lower score?

I kno your directing it at young but I wanna add sumn

If your already in with 2613...why take 4600?

U will only wait HELLA longer for that list to take effect plus if u fail 10 day training on 2613 u have to wait the 5 yrs too....

I wasted 61 bucks paying for 4600 because if I don't make it now....5 years I'll wait n try again.....TA will always need to hire people

Also I already took 3101 for maBstoa too

Jus my $0.02

What's your take on it sinyguy?

Mr. Young,

You don't think I am gonna make it worse OR complicate if fail or pass with lower score?

Yes, I am still going. However, my exam is on Sunday, not tomorrow. As far as the snow, I have the afternoon session, so by the time I get off the subway in Brooklyn the storm should be finished. The main reason why I am taking is because you never know. Say for example my 10-day training does not go well in January/February of 2014. I take exam 4600 and get a real low score (70's) which means a high list number. If there is another hiring freeze, similar to the ones we had in the past, then what are my chances of having 5 years pass by?

You never know...

Yes, I am still going. However, my exam is on Sunday, not tomorrow. As far as the snow, I have the afternoon session, so by the time I get off the subway in Brooklyn the storm should be finished. The main reason why I am taking is because you never know. Say for example my 10-day training does not go well in January/February of 2014. I take exam 4600 and get a real low score (70's) which means a high list number. If there is another hiring freeze, similar to the ones we had in the past, then what are my chances of having 5 years pass by?

You never know...

I see your point.

Very interesting outlook

I just missed a call from a 347 number....I go to call back about 10min later and it was connected to NYCT but, no live person...and a sort of automated voicemail...put in your id, etc. No message or anything however. I do have a BSC ID, that went through but nada...Im in the 250s on 2613 btw...still waiting on the Medical or 2nd drug test call...hoping that wasnt it! #fml

I just missed a call from a 347 number....I go to call back about 10min later and it was connected to NYCT but, no live person...and a sort of automated voicemail...put in your id, etc. No message or anything however. I do have a BSC ID, that went through but nada...Im in the 250s on 2613 btw...still waiting on the Medical or 2nd drug test call...hoping that wasnt it! #fml

The call from the 347 number was probably related to this e-mail I received within the last hour:

From Exam Administration

"This is a notification to inform you that the examination for Transit Bus Operator scheduled for Saturday, December 14th and Sunday, December 15th will take place as scheduled. We do not anticipate a postponement of the exam due to the snow storm expected this weekend in New York City. Check your admission letter for the date, time and location of the school you are scheduled to report to. Be sure to allow for extra travel time due to weather related delays. We do not plan to have a make up examination. Should severe weather conditions occur you may contact the weather hot line at, 347-643-7223." 

Now this is the deal took drug test on nov 12 waiting on call for second drug test,I also had taken the boss for 2301 just receive letter to go in for pre employment next week don't know if I should go what do you guys think.

I would definitely go for pre-employment! Worse comes to worse, you can always switch from 2301 to 4600, especially since you are on both lists...

U will only wait HELLA longer for that list to take effect plus if u fail 10 day training on 2613 u have to wait the 5 yrs too....

I wasted 61 bucks paying for 4600 because if I don't make it now....5 years I'll wait n try again.....TA will always need to hire people

Jus my $0.02

I hear you! And half of me is on your side.

But another half...

What if I get a ticket or involved in accident BEFORE the Training?

What IF I am not gonna be called or simply forgotten like it happened to few ppl here?

My ONLY concern is IF I score LOW on 4600 it will not affect 2613 results.

Btw, I am still deciding...

I hear you! And half of me is on your side.

But another half...

What if I get a ticket or involved in accident BEFORE the Training?

What IF I am not gonna be called or simply forgotten like it happened to few ppl here?

My ONLY concern is IF I score LOW on 4600 it will not affect 2613 results.

Btw, I am still deciding...

2 things....

1) who got forgotten, and how?

2) is your intention to score low?

What is the controversy regarding getting called for medical/training? I don't see any. They are up to the mid 200s, we were told 2 to 90 days....that brings us to the beginning of February for those of us who took drug test in Nov....seems to be on track...it is only Dec

I hav a question I was justed called to do pre employment processing do i get drug tested the first day I bring application to livingston

Yes you do if everything is in order like no pending tickets 4 points or less etc

Now this is the deal took drug test on nov 12 waiting on call for second drug test,I also had taken the boss for 2301 just receive letter to go in for pre employment next week don't know if I should go what do you guys think.

I think you should go because 2301 is MTA bus and 2613 is TA two different divisions and you never who is going to hire you first.

i will move up as soon as i pass the 10 day training, I use to live there before, its nice here but the pay sucks and im hoping that sense i teach people how to drive school buses this will be easy to learn how to drive and the pay is good, I have been back and fourth for 4 exams and its getting expensive lol  But its worth it. 

What is the controversy regarding getting called for medical/training? I don't see any. They are up to the mid 200s, we were told 2 to 90 days....that brings us to the beginning of February for those of us who took drug test in Nov....seems to be on track...it is only Dec

No controversy....I jus think MTA f****d up calling people in for drug tests earlier than they needed.

I been to a lot of bus driver interviews.....u take your drug test and wen u pass, the comp calls u in for training, especially since drug tests for driving sensitive jobs are good for 30 days as per DOT rules....Idk why mta gotta b difficult

Mta got some nerve , paying you 20.94 a hr like that's some real money and make you stay on probation for a year.people survive on the overtime not 40 hrs

You're right but the benefits can't b beat. I'll admit I'm taking a HUGE paycut......especially wit that bi weekly check. But it's a dream of mine as corny as that sounded

I dont want to burst anyones bubble on the excitement of wearing that blue shirt with the letters MTA logo on the right shoulder with a gleaming silver badge basking in the air saying now I got a good job. The reality guys and girls is when your finally out on your own and on probation you will really have to watch your ass with the MTA supervisors. They will be pushing your buttons watching your every move out there. Writting you violations for running HOT and or not checking your bus the proper way. Check your wheel chairs every morning, Dont get lazy on that. They may set you up with a bus knowing full well that things arent working then write you up later. Keep in mind they may meet you out on the route from time to time on a passenger complaint. Hold your kool. Dont get flustered and always answer that you dont have knowledge on the incident even if you do ? Most of all stay away from the ladies guys because like a river they will be coming on board very friendly looking at your MTA logo backwards as ATM. If you limit your conversations with the chicks and the passengers you will make it through and avoid most of the trouble that comes with this job you chose. Be ready to work crazy shifts on crappy routes in bad neighborhoods. Routes that the senior drivers dont want. Good Luck newbeees !

Wow that was awesome advice Thanks so much. Any advice for the ladies.

Jus my $0.02

I don't know. Maybe because its another... TA exam?

Wow that was awesome advice Thanks so much. Any advice for the ladies.

Yeah, kinda like Welcome to Living Hell :)

Hello everyone who missed me. Thx for caring about my whereabouts and progress. I have made it!!!And it feels good :D however the journey want wasn't easy at all. I went from being a woman Who has never driven a big vehicle, petrified and a little uncomfortable about it all to being a woman who can drive it pretty well.

I'm not jumping up and down just yet though BC i must stay clean all year and I still have to take my cdl road test and although I hear it's a breeze in comparison, I heard the female tester is a real B!#@& I'm still nervous.

Siegel and Sharrocks are ssome really good instructors. Congrats to all that past and to all that are on there way good luck. You need it.

Hello everyone who missed me. Thx for caring about my whereabouts and progress. I have made it!!!And it feels good :D however the journey want wasn't easy at all. I went from being a woman Who has never driven a big vehicle, petrified and a little uncomfortable about it all to being a woman who can drive it pretty well.

I'm not jumping up and down just yet though BC i must stay clean all year and I still have to take my cdl road test and although I hear it's a breeze in comparison, I heard the female tester is a real B!#@& I'm still nervous.

Siegel and Sharrocks are ssome really good instructors. Congrats to all that past and to all that are on there way good luck. You need it.

Archived